How good are you at Football?

Tom

In an Amatuer 'kick about' kind of way.

Im a reasonable player when im not overly ambitious, however i have no first touch and occasionally send it into orbit.

However like most i can pull off the odd special moment. :nufc:

I mostly play attacking midfield/Forward.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

It's not for me to say how good I am. It's better for other people to comment. All I will say is my fitness is hindering what I used to be.

Not that good, just enjoy the kick about with my mates or a game of cups. Usually the first one knocked out tho.

Don't have a set position. Just wherever I can

Edited by Magma

I have good feet, quite skillful and a pretty good first touch. Really at my best in 5-a-side kick-about types as I'm too lazy/slow/physically not imposing enough for full-pitch games. Not a great passer/shooter either if I am being honest.

Was an alright striker when I did play full games at underage level, but really lacked pace.

I'm a compulsive showboat though, always trying tricks and the like. My ultimate showboat weapon is a drag with the right foot, then stepover with the left before bringing the right foot around behind the left and playing the pass out to my right while looking the other way.

It really achieves very little, but it does look exceedingly cool.

Edited by Chigurh

At least your honest, you might as well stop posting on here now :nufc:

Sadly I've already made another post in the Football section (though admittedly not a very good or worthwhile one) , so I feel somewhat commited to the place now.

Apologies.

I used to be alright, for a girl..

I started off playing in defence but ended up playing on central/left midfield and much preferred that. Chipped in with a couple of goals as well, but my career ended prematurely 'cause I thought the coach was a total c-word and spat my dummy. :nufc:

I'd love to start playing again but sadly there's not a huge demand amongst my female friends - plus I'm horrifically unfit.

It's not for me to say how good I am. It's better for other people to comment. All I will say is my fitness is hindering what I used to be.

Take it that was a hint for me to step in........ya shite :nufc:

Seriously, you're a good player, but like you said, if you got your fitness up you'd be twice the player. A bit of a mixture of a playing style like. Not to give you a big head but your passing is similar in style to someone like Gudjohnsen ie keeping it on the deck and can spot a good pass. Your shooting, however, ranges between Laurent Robert at his best and Laurent Robert at his worst :nufc: Let's hope it's the Spurs game of 03/04 for you tonight.

Personally I like to think im a half decent keeper.

Got my Coca Cola Gold award in football skills when I was 12 ...sadly back in the dark ages girls were not allowed to play footie so I my "talent" was wasted :nufc:

There is a seriously average player inside me but he is held back by utterly shambolic levels of fitness

I have heard you are quite the footballer.

That sounds really gay doesn't it?

I've gotten better over the last few years, I was too light weight really. I ended up putting on a bit of weight though and got the fitness to a really high level.

All of my mates are flair players, and I just don't have the acceleration for that type of game, so I've learned to sit deep in 5/6 a sides and play the ball out from the back. A bit Pirlo-esque. Not good enough to play there in a good league, but my fitness and passing lend well to full back.

Playing 3 games per week at the minute of 6 a side.

I play in the top (11-a-side) division in my area - which is apparently the 12th tier of English football. 1 off County league.

I'd say I playl a bit like Freddy Ljunberg..and sport a similar haircut & package. :nufc: Sadly I gave up 11-a-side aged between 18-25 which I regret.

Edited by Holden McGroin