Newcastle

Yogic

Greetings,

I think you have a fantastic starting 11.

--------------------------Sherar------Owen

------------Luque------Parker--------Emre--------Solano

--------Babayaro----Bmsng-----------Bramble----Carr

----------------------------------Given

37784[/snapback]

Believe me it's far from fantastic, if you swap Bramble for Taylor it makes it a bit better, but there's still the problem of a poor left back and an average right back. Midfield looks ok but Luque has to prove he' got what it takes to perform in the Premiership, Emre on the other hand looks a natural. Good on you for not letting Dyer anywhere near the first 11! If only Shithouse Souness felt the same!

37878[/snapback]

Or any manager since Gullit bought him for that matter, mate. He must be absolutely shit hot cosmic in training cos he sure as shite rarely justifies his selection once he's on the pitch.

37882[/snapback]

I have a feeling that Dyer's return might just be the making of this team - in with the full strength squad.

That is the reason I am giving Souness a bit more time - to see what happens when we have Dyer running at the opposition and Owen benefitting from it. The only problem is who to drop, and I can only think that Shearer is going to have to sit back and watch.

We shall see.

37906[/snapback]

I definitely think Dyer's turned a corner and am looking forward to him getting back in the team.

37909[/snapback]

As ever I am humbled by your faith and optimism-traits that are both typical and admirable in those afflicted by ginger hair! :)

37919[/snapback]

DSCF0416.jpg

.....tbh.

:)

37925[/snapback]

:lol::razz:;)

:)

The estate i spent my first 9 years on had a lot of chelsea fans on it. A lot of them used to think it was fun to douse a lot of us younger kids in lighter fluid and set light to us. Lighter fluid burns off quickly so it rarely did any harm but it was very scary. They have always been a load of racist, anti-semitic dogs as well and that hasn't changed. Sometimes when i'm in the area on matchday you still see these groups of 10-15 fat f**kers with their bull terriers and they're covered in gold chains and chops, glaring at you and calling you a f**king c**n, or mumbling n*gger n*gger n*gger as you walk past, then go into the ground and wobble up and down when Drogba scores and calling out Abromavich's name (even though he's jewish). If you see them on their own they keep their eyes down, even to me and i'm reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallly skinny, but when they're in a pack they suddenly grow some b*ll*cks. They're f**king animals, what i imagine bi-pedal hyena's would look like.

I can only hope Abromavich has organised it so one of his companies lends cfc the money to buy the players and pay the wages, then when he gets bored, he pulls out and wants his dosh back. God, i'd love it.

Soft spot for chelsea? You must soft in the head mate. :lol:

Chelsea will win the league comfortably this season and under Mourinho will possibly make things a bit boring for a few years, but thats the way it is.

The fact is i'm a fan of Mourinho and he beats Fergie and Wenger with ease having put Fergie in his place more than once and that pleases me!

Also every titel they win, manu and arse and their fans don't and that pleases me.

I don't get why people knock Mourinho as every criticism ever aimed at him could go tenfold for the likes of Fergie, whilst Jose is funny and entertaining and rips the piss out of the press regularly.

As for Chlesea they have virtually no players that are annoying bastards, compared with the likes of Arse/manu and just get on quietly with doing their job.

If NUFC were currently realistic title challengers then i'd hate whats happened, but we aren't so it stops the usual two winning the title and for now that'll do me.

It's not that long ago that the vast majority of toon-chat wanted Mourinho as our next manager (before he went to CHelsea).

Now suddenly everyone hates him!! I don't, I admire the bloke. He may be arrogant but, unlike most arrogant people, he's earned the right to be so...

It's not that long ago that the vast majority of toon-chat wanted Mourinho as our next manager (before he went to CHelsea).

Now suddenly everyone hates him!! I don't, I admire the bloke. He may be arrogant but, unlike most arrogant people, he's earned the right to be so...

38081[/snapback]

Its not just earning the right, he is arrogant in an amusing way rather than coming across as a complete cock like some people do. But basically with his achievments he could be as arrogant as he liked!

38081[/snapback]

Doesn't that make him confident then?

I like him as a person, just don't like his tactics. I think he could be far more adventurous, foobtall seems to have forgotten about the fans somewhere along the line.

I like Mourinho, the random comments he comes out with are excellent.

His football may be boring but it gets results and he is a bad loser which all winners are. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

38081[/snapback]

Its not just earning the right, he is arrogant in an amusing way rather than coming across as a complete cock like some people do. But basically with his achievments he could be as arrogant as he liked!

38085[/snapback]

Precisely...

He has an air of Brian Clough about him. During (particularly the successful ones) the years at Forest, many fans of opposition teams didn't like Clough - they couldn't relate to him, they found him hard and in some respects, aloof....

Yet after his time in football, people liked him, and when he died, his loss was felt by most of the country...

Mourinho is a clever man IMO. He may not be adventurous, but he gets the job done. It may not be the most attractive football, but it's damned successful and that's what should come first!

Can't agree with that comparison, I like Mourinho, he's obviously an intelligent and cultured individual. Brian Clough was a good football manager, he was also a gobshite and a bully.

The not liking them probably has to do with success.

I can see where you're coming from with results first. Chelsea aren't Bolton though, they can afford to do it in style.

Do you not think the standard of football we're watching in the Permiership has gone dramatically downhill n the last year or so?

Yes the article in the Sun is just comical if anything - ridiculous paper !

Jose might come accross as arrogant to some, but he has earned the right to speak as he has always won what hes said he will. With Porto he won everything there was to win and each season before starting he told the press what he was going to win. He has always delivered and very rarely fails.

Since he has taken over Chelsea we have lost once in the league (to a penalty) and thats an astonishing record. His ability to keep so many internationals happy and get them to perform week in week out is admirable.

Personally I love the fellow, maybe its because im a lot like him in my life - well maybe not with the delivery but surely with the attitude :razz:

Anyway, I dont want it to seem as if im here to talk about Jose and Chelsea.

-

What do you guys make of Parker? - the little that youv seen of him?

Emre is an exceptional player and has a rich degree coming from Inter. Parker and him can certainly transform the team and with Solano (ok he isnt the quickest) and Luque on the flanks you look solid.

I have watched Luque for 2 seasons now, he is good player and when on form is capable of producing that magic. He might be a tad weak, but his skill and pace makeup for it. I cant wait to watch the Newcastle side with all first choice players on form, I reckon you can beat any side in the League - well almost any side :lol:

Cheers and good luck with the season.

What do you guys make of Parker? - the little that youv seen of him?

Emre is an exceptional player and has a rich degree coming from Inter. Parker and him can certainly transform the team and with Solano (ok he isnt the quickest) and Luque on the flanks you look solid.

I have watched Luque for 2 seasons now, he is good player and when on form is capable of producing that magic. He might be a tad weak, but his skill and pace makeup for it. I cant wait to watch the Newcastle side with all first choice players on form, I reckon you can beat any side in the League  - well almost any side  :lol:

Cheers and good luck with the season.

38215[/snapback]

Parker is an awesome player...

I work with a bunch of Chelsea fans and one of them is spitting acid that you guys have let him go. His opinion was that if it was anyone else but Makalele in competition for that position, Parker would have played every game for Chelsea.

He'll serve well to help shore up our fragile defence and will IMO work well with Emre.

I think he's the most important midfield signing we've made since Rob Lee.

It's pleasing and refreshing to see a rival supporter come on here and talk sense - hope that you stick around, you're more than welcome :razz:

Thanks mate, I will be around as I love talking football with other fans and personally I like Newcastle. I like the side Souness has built - or tried to build and I feel with one or two more defensive signings you will be well sorted.

Kluivert was a mistake and Souness realized that, replacing Alen is a massive task and maybe Owen is the right man. If you get to that 6th spot this season you will be able to attract a few rounded players from overseas and will have a complete squad, not only a first 11. That will give you an advantage over a lot of teams and will bring the good times back.

I dont know if Souness is the right man, but I feel he needs to be given a fair chance to prove himself. He has been unlucky with injuries and maybe in 2 weeks he will have his 1st choice players to work with. I just hope it isnt too late and you dont fall too far behind - but I dont see that happening.

Cheers

Parker is an awesome player...

I work with a bunch of Chelsea fans and one of them is spitting acid that you guys have let him go. His opinion was that if it was anyone else but Makalele in competition for that position, Parker would have played every game for Chelsea.

He'll serve well to help shore up our fragile defence and will IMO work well with Emre.

I think he's the most important midfield signing we've made since Rob Lee.

It's pleasing and refreshing to see a rival supporter come on here and talk sense - hope that you stick around, you're more than welcome :lol:

38220[/snapback]

I agree with every word of that, bit apprehensive about Parker because that's how I felt about Butt this time last year, he's different class though.

Parker is a top player. He has learned a lot from Makelele and that is something no other English player can offer to a club and the national team. Makelele's game is very unique and to play alongside him in training, talk to him and learn from him is as good as a PHD.

Having to prove a point before the world cup, playing after a long time and accepting a new challenge at Newcastle will only act as cartelists in his performance. Playing alongside a player with rich pedigree like Emre and Luque will also be a huge motivating factor. Parker is hungry and IMO is the perfect solution to England’s problems. Beckham is a waste of space and should just retire and open a cloths shop with his wife.

---Gary-----------Rio-----------Terry--------Cole

--------------------------Parker

--------Gerrard---------------------------Lampard

--------------------------Joey C

------------Defoe--------------------Rooney

or

----------Joey C---------Rooney--------Phillips

is the way to go. I hope Sven is sacked before i take my next dump, and a sensible manager makes the right use of the players at his disposal.

Back to Newcastle,

Who do you see as a replacement for Alan? Sure Owen is there, but who will play alongside him next season? Shola isn’t good enough IMO and a strong signing beckons.

This would be the perfect bu - good in the air, strong, powerful strike - just the right person for Owen to play off

That and a good defender, cover for Solano and a full back = a suped up squad.

Lets see what happens in the Jan window and if Souness picks things up - or stays around.

Even when we were flying under Robson, our problem was you would have struggled to see which of our players would fit in at Man U, Arsenal, etc. Now however, I think we have a core of players (Given, Boumsong (at his best), Parker, Emre, Luque & Owen), who'd not look out of place at Arsenal & Man U. (I'm not including Chelsea because they're an abnormality).