Why are Geordies like this at Anfield?

Scally Bob

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpools a fairly decent place to go to be honest and i have a few good friends who are scousers (they dont follow football like, cept one who is everton)

Theres some fairly nice places to drink if you get taken to the right places and some fairly decent scenery (made by the slave trade way back when), theres a few dickheads kicking about but there is everywhere.

The lads i stayed with lived on the outskirts, across the water in a lush little village with the best pub ever :lol:.

Unforunately that was the same weekend we played them at home and won 2-1(solano penna?), i was the only person who supported the toon in the bar and forgot this and went mental :lol:

This thread gets worse, which is quite sad really as I'm sure there's many a Geordie and Scouser had a great time in each others respective cities. Those saying what a shithole Liverpool is sound very bitter, or is it jealousy of some silly kind?

It's quite obvious that those who think the riverside is the city centre haven't got a clue of what they're talkng about, only now when the Liverpool One project opens will the city centre be linked with the Pier head and Albert Dock.

I don't frequent posh pubs as a rule, rather drink me ale in a boozer that's real and not plastic, but if this city is as bad as many on here think, how come in this particular top 100 bars vote Liverpool figures so highly and Newcastle so lowly. Not that I think having top bars means anything but it sure as hell disproves some of the shit written on here.

undefined

Don't split permed hairs you meff!

I meant that the city centre was the end of any journey as theres nowt beyond it but water. You deliberately have to be going there to see it as it's not really en route to anywhere else in Liverpool. Hence if you're not going there (as I wasn't yesterday) you don't even get to see the one relatively attractive part of the city. Leaving the M62 you just see mile after mile of shit as a prelude to and culminating in Anfield. Theres zero jealousy involved in that either, it's an honest assessment.

Guest Stevie
This thread gets worse, which is quite sad really as I'm sure there's many a Geordie and Scouser had a great time in each others respective cities. Those saying what a shithole Liverpool is sound very bitter, or is it jealousy of some silly kind?

It's quite obvious that those who think the riverside is the city centre haven't got a clue of what they're talkng about, only now when the Liverpool One project opens will the city centre be linked with the Pier head and Albert Dock.

I don't frequent posh pubs as a rule, rather drink me ale in a boozer that's real and not plastic, but if this city is as bad as many on here think, how come in this particular top 100 bars vote Liverpool figures so highly and Newcastle so lowly. Not that I think having top bars means anything but it sure as hell disproves some of the shit written on here.

undefined

I meant that the city centre was the end of any journey as theres nowt beyond it but water. You deliberately have to be going there to see it as it's not really en route to anywhere else in Liverpool. Hence if you're not going there (as I wasn't yesterday) you don't even get to see the one relatively attractive part of the city. Leaving the M62 you just see mile after mile of shit as a prelude to and culminating in Anfield. Theres zero jealousy involved in that either, it's an honest assessment.

I love that word meff, we used to say it at school in the late 80's, as with everything else the scousers cottoned on to it 10 years after everybody else. Liverpool has some nice architecture, that building opposite the Marriott Hotel is magnificent, but it's low points are lower than anything I've ever seen.

undefined

I love that word meff, we used to say it at school in the late 80's, as with everything else the scousers cottoned on to it 10 years after everybody else. Liverpool has some nice architecture, that building opposite the Marriott Hotel is magnificent, but it's low points are lower than anything I've ever seen.

Agreed mate. If I lived there I'd feel so low I'd be able to walk under my front door wearing a top hat.

Certain areas of Liverpool are fucking horrible, others not so bad... A real factor in why people have a bad opinion is that one of the worst places of all is Anfield/Everton itself and even die-hard scousers will agree with you on that one.

Most of the housing around the ground is due for demolition as all part of the regeneration of the area. Most of them are boarded up and does resemble what Scotswood/Elswick was like in the late 80s. But then it is changing - it's not like they're leaving it as it is....

Another grotty shit-tip in the town is Kensington (go down Edge Lane when you come off the M62) but they're knocking that lot down too.

Places like Aigburth, Otterspool, Waterloo, Crosby & Blundellsands are all pretty nice areas though.

Been out in Liverpool once and had a great weekend. If I'm truthful I found the scousers 'sound as a pound', even the doorman which can't be said for the cunts on the doors up here.

Have to agree there like.

BabyCream, £4 for a pint of Fosters ffs.

Wait till the budget, inflation has pushed prices up a lot in the last year, but this year the Government are raising prices above inflation as well.

Wait till the budget, inflation has pushed prices up a lot in the last year, but this year the Government are raising prices above inflation as well.

To be fair, anywhere that already charges £4 for a pint of weak beer isn't likely to be too concerned about the development of the underlying prices/duties. Though I concede it may well give them an excuse to hike their end-user prices to, ooh, let's say a nice round £4.50.

Edited by Meenzer

To be fair, anywhere that already charges £4 for a pint of weak beer isn't likely to be too concerned about the development of the underlying prices/duties. Though I concede it may well give them an excuse to hike their end-user prices to, ooh, let's say a nice round £4.50.

They'll probably make it £5, no need for unfashionable things like change bringing the place down then. :lol:

They'll probably make it £5, no need for unfashionable things like change bringing the place down then. :lol:

Card payments only, then there'll be no need for a till either. :lol:

Don't get me started on those who refuse to bring cash out with them on a night out and feel that it's perfectly ok to hold up the whole bar while they try and remember their pin after a few too many white wine spritzers and think it's fucking hilarious. Cocks the lot of them!

Don't get me started on those who refuse to bring cash out with them on a night out and feel that it's perfectly ok to hold up the whole bar while they try and remember their pin after a few too many white wine spritzers and think it's fucking hilarious. Cocks the lot of them!

Too right. It used to only be the stereotypical stoodent paying for their groceries with a cheque, but the proliferation of Chip + PIN has opened up the world of annoying payment behaviour to a whole new audience of idiots.

It's fucking shit in there... Popped my head in once and it's full of arrogant tossers who look down their nose at anyone not driving a car thats cost in excess of £20K...

Rarely drink at the Albert Dock but if we do, we tend to go to the Pumphouse.

They'll probably make it £5, no need for unfashionable things like change bringing the place down then. :D

Seen those resort bars in the USA where you don't even need a card, just a ID chip implanted under your skin or a bar code tattoo - crazy. :lol: