Why are Geordies like this at Anfield?

Scally Bob

Manchester's a bit odd in the sense that, it's 'worst' areas are probably amongst some of the most dangerous parts of the UK yet they are cheek to jowell with the 'decent' areas. Liverpool on the other hand is just a run down shit tip. It's a different type of city entirely.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Manchester's a bit odd in the sense that, it's 'worst' areas are probably amongst some of the most dangerous parts of the UK yet they are cheek to jowell with the 'decent' areas. Liverpool on the other hand is just a run down shit tip. It's a different type of city entirely.

I agree with what you said though, it doesn't matter what way you come in it's shit. The busses used to come in past that pictures on your left and the Littlewoods building on your right, and you'd see burned out cars, hundreds (literally) of derelict homes, habited homes with one window in four with a bit of board where the glass should be. I thought that would be the worst part of it. Till Saturday when I came through the town for the first time. Having said all that, I've been to Aintree for the National in 1995, and up there was reasonable, bland but reasonable, like a poor mans Chapel House, but I don't know if that's classed as Liverpool, Knowsley or Sefton? The parts of Liverpool I haven't been to broadly speaking are West Derby, Bootle and Huyton, and along the docks.

Edited by Stevie

Guest BigThompers
At the end of the day and in all seriousness, Liverpool is a truly dreadful place to live and it must be all too apparent to those Scousers who travel to away games and see other cities and I think that probably contributes to their persecution complex.

That's not abuse btw, it's just a statement of fact.

I liken it to Middlesbrough, just with a better city centre.

The city centre isn't bad, but I'm not being nasty here, the actual places Everton and Kensington, straight up, I have never ever in my life seen anywhere remotely closely as bad as there, and that's honest. I've been to all the well known shit holes in this country, the worst one in Leeds (begins with H) forget its name, Plaistow, Tower Hamlets, Bermondsey, Tottenham, fuckin Pennywell, Mossside and nothing compares to what I saw on Saturday. I remember Benwell and Scotswood when I was a bairn, but in 2008 that place is worse than our West End in 1988, no wonder scousers hate the government.

Nah whilst there were and are some terrible areas in Liverpool there are some nice ones too, Middlesbrough is just a terrible place (like Stoke), with pretty much nothing up lifting about it within its bounds (even its decent architecture is ruined by having the A66 dual carriageway at 2-3 storey level right by them).

Admittedly both places could do with a large scale culling of the population though, although the same can be said about most places in the UK.

Where did I say there wasn't in that paragraph mate? I've never seen anywhere in Middlesbrough as bad as the Everton district.

Been to either? :lol:

I've just said I have you fuckin virgin. Shoes off etc... Then again they probably remain on your feet because you don't even fuckin go, you mackem tragedy.

As I said to you before anyone that calls themselves "BIG" is a cunt by default.

I don't call myself it. You're mother started the name off, it just stuck.

Guest Stevie
At the end of the day and in all seriousness, Liverpool is a truly dreadful place to live and it must be all too apparent to those Scousers who travel to away games and see other cities and I think that probably contributes to their persecution complex.

The city centre isn't bad, but I'm not being nasty here, the actual places Everton and Kensington, straight up, I have never ever in my life seen anywhere remotely closely as bad as there, and that's honest. I've been to all the well known shit holes in this country, the worst one in Leeds (begins with H) forget its name, Plaistow, Tower Hamlets, Bermondsey, Tottenham, fuckin Pennywell, Mossside and nothing compares to what I saw on Saturday. I remember Benwell and Scotswood when I was a bairn, but in 2008 that place is worse than our West End in 1988, no wonder scousers hate the government.

Nah whilst there were and are some terrible areas in Liverpool there are some nice ones too, Middlesbrough is just a terrible place (like Stoke), with pretty much nothing up lifting about it within its bounds (even its decent architecture is ruined by having the A66 dual carriageway at 2-3 storey level right by them).

Admittedly both places could do with a large scale culling of the population though, although the same can be said about most places in the UK.

Where did I say there wasn't in that paragraph mate? I've never seen anywhere in Middlesbrough as bad as the Everton district.

I've just said I have you fuckin virgin. Shoes off etc... Then again they probably remain on your feet because you don't even fuckin go, you mackem tragedy.

As I said to you before anyone that calls themselves "BIG" is a cunt by default.

No word of a lie I was about 13 the last time I did a mother joke, fuckin Peasepud sort it out, threads getting fucked up left right and centre.

Guest BigThompers

No word of a lie I was about 13 the last time I did a mother joke, fuckin Peasepud sort it out, threads getting fucked up left right and centre.

:D Burberry POWERRRRRRR!

Tell you what, reading this thread, we look as pathetic as those scousers are making us out to be. Remember, they read the responses too you know.

They must be laughing wigs off. FFS

There a more than a few places at least as bad, worse even unless Everton has taken a dive since last time I was there, but there's pretty much nothing at all redeeming about Middlesbrough (even the most of the "posh" bits are pure noddy-town).

Although ironically the actual landscape around the place is really nice (although a lot of it is also irredeemably spoilt - I know I'd rather go for a walk at Crosby than Redcar any day).

Tell you what, reading this thread, we look as pathetic as those scousers are making us out to be. Remember, they read the responses too you know.

They must be laughing wigs off. FFS

Too be fair alot of them on that forum aren't actually scousers.

Strangely I'd say Manchester and Liverpool are actually much more similar (in that respect and others) than either would ever admit. :lol: (I know I once took a route out of Manchester that could have come from a post-apocalyptic zombie movie).

This thread gets worse, which is quite sad really as I'm sure there's many a Geordie and Scouser had a great time in each others respective cities. Those saying what a shithole Liverpool is sound very bitter, or is it jealousy of some silly kind?

It's quite obvious that those who think the riverside is the city centre haven't got a clue of what they're talkng about, only now when the Liverpool One project opens will the city centre be linked with the Pier head and Albert Dock.

I don't frequent posh pubs as a rule, rather drink me ale in a boozer that's real and not plastic, but if this city is as bad as many on here think, how come in this particular top 100 bars vote Liverpool figures so highly and Newcastle so lowly. Not that I think having top bars means anything but it sure as hell disproves some of the shit written on here.

undefined

Edited by Redshadow

Guest Stevie
This thread gets worse, which is quite sad really as I'm sure there's many a Geordie and Scouser had a great time in each others respective cities. Those saying what a shithole Liverpool is sound very bitter, or is it jealousy of some silly kind?

It's quite obvious that those who think the riverside is the city centre haven't got a clue of what they're talkng about, only now when the Liverpool One project opens will the city centre be linked with the Pier head and Albert Dock.

I don't frequent posh pubs as a rule, rather drink me ale in a boozer that's real and not plastic, but if this city is as bad as many on here think, how come in this particular top 100 bars vote Liverpool figures so highly and Newcastle so lowly. Not that I think having top bars means anything but it sure as hell disproves some of the shit written on here.

undefined

Yes we're dead jealous of Merseyside and scousers.

That link disproves everything that's been written on here as well, you've won the debate, well done.

undefined

:lol:

That's a list of "best" bars for people with their head inserted so firmly up their own arses that they can get a close up view of their own tonsils.

All it means is a lot of pretentious people like two pretentious bars.

Which is perhaps the worst aspect to occur in pretty much all UK cities in the last 15 years. I'd take an attempted mugging by a semi-human scally, as being more fun over being trapped in a place with people like that for a night.

Me too Alex. Burglars Dog that is.

The book's good too. My favourite review is probably the one of Pig and Whistle where Steven Taylor gets a mention. Clicky

For how many there are, the bars in the Toon are fairly shite like. Don't get me wrong, there's a fair few I like but there's so many identikit shite ones. They aren't even what you'd term pretentious in the main either, just fucking shite.

Same everywhere Alex, I'd put Weatherspoons in that category. Hate the place.

Aye. They're cheap so they get busy but they're totally souless places. We've got a cinema / restaurant / bar complex in the city centre now called The Gate and all the bars in there are wank too. I can just about stand Tiger Tiger when there's no one in on a week day night but at the weekend? I'd rather stay in. It's awful man.

Guest Stevie

The bars in the toon are shite despite the vast numbers of them, best place for bars is London. I prefer places like the Market Lane, The Bodega, and The Crown Posada to any of the shitey chain bars.

The bars in the toon are shite despite the vast numbers of them, best place for bars is London. I prefer places like the Market Lane, The Bodega, and The Crown Posada to any of the shitey chain bars.

I think it's the culture. The bars in the Toon are aimed at weekend / night out crowds whereas the ones in London, even in the centre are, more often than not, places people pop in for a couple after work etc. to miss the commuter rush. The three you mention above are good ones like.