Would we have been in this shit state under Allardyce?

RlCO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, I don't remember it being all rosy with Sam in charge... :puke:

It's all relative. I don't remember us ever being 2 points from the drop. I do remember a manager being slated for bigging up smith, dropping zog, excluding enrique, targetting scottish league players and talking endless shite. I also remember making the point, if Keegan came in, was shite and left, what then for NUFC? We might well find out soon.

You're a cunt....end of

End of what? As if anyone ever starts a thread waiting for a worthwhile reply from your little dwarf fingers. 'Jog on' as they say, or rather, shuffle off.

Who the fuck says 'Jog on' like?

It's all relative. I don't remember us ever being 2 points from the drop. I do remember a manager being slated for bigging up smith, dropping zog, excluding enrique, targetting scottish league players and talking endless shite. I also remember making the point, if Keegan came in, was shite and left, what then for NUFC? We might well find out soon.

You're a cunt....end of

End of what? As if anyone ever starts a thread waiting for a worthwhile reply from your little dwarf fingers. 'Jog on' as they say, or rather, shuffle off.

"Shuffle off"...Made me chuckle anyway. :D

Must say Ringo you're a game little fighter the natives still haven't found the killer weapon.

The thing is messenger, Sam Allardyce wasn't making us a hard team to beat, he was turning us a side which found it hard to beat anyone

we weren't defensively strong, we weren't creating anything and we were not disciplined...

Nail on head

Why couldn't you see that at the time?

:puke:

Because I was so fed up of managerial merry go rounds I didn't see any value in changing the manager. and to be fair I'd be comfortable claiming that I was right, given our position now. Allardyce did deserve longer at the time imo, but hindsight is 20-20

However, I'm fully aware that this manager has had a harder time of things etc. etc.

You're a cunt....end of

Not us yanks.

You're a cunt....end of

'Jog on'? That'd be London slang, what a shocker that Rico's using that - fuck off and support Chelski if you can't get behind the Toon. Every fucking day I read this shit that some fucking bell-end is spouting about Keegan's not good enough, blah blah blah, how many people saying that shite either (1) watch the our games and (2) were around during Keegan's first spell? Yes Keegan's struggling to get things going but for fuck sake you can't polish a turd, our team is shite, the confidence is shite and we're only just now getting to play some more passing football compared to the hoof and hope shite Fat Sam was peddling.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

The thing is messenger, Sam Allardyce wasn't making us a hard team to beat, he was turning us a side which found it hard to beat anyone

we weren't defensively strong, we weren't creating anything and we were not disciplined...

That's a pretty good appraisal Mr.Fish, Sam didn't make it too hard for Derby & Reading to beat us as well as the others that did under his tutelage.

4-1 to Pompey AT HOME and Pompey scored all 5 goals. We were really hard to beat that day.

Especially when Sam had brought in Beye, Faye, Rozehal, Cacapa, & Enrique to strengthen our once pourus defence. :puke:

You're a cunt....end of

'Jog on'? That'd be London slang, what a shocker that Rico's using that - fuck off and support Chelski if you can't get behind the Toon. Every fucking day I read this shit that some fucking bell-end is spouting about Keegan's not good enough, blah blah blah, how many people saying that shite either (1) watch the our games and (2) were around during Keegan's first spell? Yes Keegan's struggling to get things going but for fuck sake you can't polish a turd, our team is shite, the confidence is shite and we're only just now getting to play some more passing football compared to the hoof and hope shite Fat Sam was peddling.

1. Me

2. Me

I saw in the guardian a few weeks ago, against arsenal and blackburn, Owen made a combined! 9 passes, 2 of them backpasses in our half. Fucking brazil here we come.

it appears I'm the only one here who actually agrees with Rico.

This club is fucked and yet nobody seems to recognise the fact, KK has come in and instead of improvement we see decline, results were bad under SA however they're abysmal under KK. We were building a set up behind the scenes with the most upto date sports science yet theres no mention now about any of that. We were a mid table team with ideas above our station now were a championship side who believe we are about to win the league.

As fans we're blinkered to the fact its KK. The great messiah, the one to lead us wherever we desire (as long as we prefer Blackpool to Barcelona). Its time to face facts, he is not a messiah, he does not know what hes doing and he will be away when things are beyond repair.

If this had been any other manager we would all be collectively shitting ourselves now, the boards would be full of "sack him" and "x is shite" threads but its not, its KK therefore what we get is "give him time", "let him get on with it", and "we think Smith is shite but KK rates him so we must be wrong" sort of posts.

Keegan is making the same bollocks decisions as SA did, playing players out of position, woeful substitution strategy and a ridiculous belief that Joey Barton is somehow a footballer. The difference is that with hindsight I believe SA has enough knowledge and tactical nous to have changed it round by now. What players would he have bought in January? Allegedly, thats why he went when he did, because he demanded money to buy. He may have turned it round but I'd be willing to bet that no matter what we wouldnt be hanging from the single finger we are now.

At the end of the day, maybe Leazes was right all along, maybe changing ownership wasnt all it was cracked up to be, Im loathe to believe that fat boy would have made such a glaring heart over head error.

The greater patience and optimism is a big bonus though, isn't it. Forget about this made up "Messiah" nonsense, but having a manager that is actually wanted by the majority of fans is making a big difference. After Robson all managers were not wanted by fans and had a difficult job to first convince fans. I am not about fans for results, but a environment of negativity isn't going to help you, especially if you are struggling to make an impact.

Of course Keegan is doing mistakes, everybody does. But letting him getting on in the trust that it will get better given time isn't a bad thing. It's a trust people didn't have before. Apart of course from the likes of Sima and Vic/Rico who reel in their attention-seeking approach of acting as Mr. Contrary. You should definitely question yourself if you are in agreement with them. I didn't have the trust in Fat Sam to turn things around. Where did you get it from. He was the stubborn and lacking self-critisism. I seriously doubt that with his "I know best" approach that was conflicting with everybody else's view especially in regard of style of play. And I seriously doubt that we would be much better of in regard to points from fixtures after his sack. Ok, well me might have 2-3 points more. Hooray.

So because I don't agree with the concensus I'm attention seeking.

We got fucking laughed at when we appointed Keegan (with good reason). We're still getting laughed at (with good reason).

People would be fucking fuming if anyone other than Keegan and possibly Shearer had us in this posistion. It's not 1996 anymore, Keegan is not a half-decent manager anymore. The game has moved on.

Oh btw, "Chelski" and "Mashley". Cringefuckingtastic

Edited by Sima

Grow up Rico... seriously.

Stone cold stats right there. PM me your address and I'll post you the page from the paper, I've still got it.

it's not about the "stats" you plank and if you don't understand what it is about then I can't be bothered to further discuss it with you. :puke:

Stone cold stats right there. PM me your address and I'll post you the page from the paper, I've still got it.

it's not about the "stats" you plank and if you don't understand what it is about then I can't be bothered to further discuss it with you. :puke:

tbh I dont understand what its about.

It should be all about the stats, it will be interesting to see how much we dont care about those 2 or 3 extra points we may have had under Allardyce at 4:45 on the 11th May.

it's not about the "stats" you plank and if you don't understand what it is about then I can't be bothered to further discuss it with you. :D

It should be all about the stats, it will be interesting to see how much we dont care about those 2 or 3 extra points we may have had under Allardyce at 4:45 on the 11th May.

That'll be the new board for ya then!

Jumping the gun when BSA could have been on his way to settling down and getting results, but no! it's NUFC innit :puke:

more to the point is how much we care about the points sam should have got at derby and co in the first half of the season and the christmass games .

You sound like a fucking lass for fucks sake. Talk sense or fuck off and adjust your fanny pad.

it's not about the "stats" you plank and if you don't understand what it is about then I can't be bothered to further discuss it with you. :D

That'll be the new board for ya then!

Jumping the gun when BSA could have been on his way to settling down and getting results, but no! it's NUFC innit :puke:

I won't bet on how important 2 or 3 points might be when time is called on this shit house of a season.

You sound like a fucking lass for fucks sake. Talk sense or fuck off and adjust your fanny pad.

Nice, real mature. :D

SA doesn't deserve to be judged on half a season with a team half-built (with little money).

Fuck off he doesn't.

The useless prick spent 26m buying 8 players that became his first choice.

If you couldn't see the shite he was churning out then you obviously weren't looking!

No denying the football wasn't great I totally agree. And his vision was flawed.

He spent £8m net and we lost a couple of goodish players in Solano (semi-creative) and Dyer (pace). We also sold Parker who's worth is debatable but no less a loss to an already weakened squad. Two/Three (not sure if some money changed hands for Geremi) of the eight were free transfers on their last legs. I wish people would stop dressing up that transfer window for something it wasn't. It was cautious (for whatever reason) and SA had to fill holes at the back to begin with as you'd probably agree.

In saying that I was disappointed in his approach on many levels, but he did have a very low base to begin with and seemed to be building things up regarding the infrastructure of the club.

Beye and Faye were solid buys and Enrique would have turned out to be if long term imo.

this "net spend" when looking at players bought is bollocks tbh. The point is he was allowed to bring 26m quids worth of players into the club of his choice to improve the playing squad from that which he found.

He didn't succeed in doing that.

it appears I'm the only one here who actually agrees with Rico.

This club is fucked and yet nobody seems to recognise the fact, KK has come in and instead of improvement we see decline, results were bad under SA however they're abysmal under KK. We were building a set up behind the scenes with the most upto date sports science yet theres no mention now about any of that. We were a mid table team with ideas above our station now were a championship side who believe we are about to win the league.

As fans we're blinkered to the fact its KK. The great messiah, the one to lead us wherever we desire (as long as we prefer Blackpool to Barcelona). Its time to face facts, he is not a messiah, he does not know what hes doing and he will be away when things are beyond repair.

If this had been any other manager we would all be collectively shitting ourselves now, the boards would be full of "sack him" and "x is shite" threads but its not, its KK therefore what we get is "give him time", "let him get on with it", and "we think Smith is shite but KK rates him so we must be wrong" sort of posts.

Keegan is making the same bollocks decisions as SA did, playing players out of position, woeful substitution strategy and a ridiculous belief that Joey Barton is somehow a footballer. The difference is that with hindsight I believe SA has enough knowledge and tactical nous to have changed it round by now. What players would he have bought in January? Allegedly, thats why he went when he did, because he demanded money to buy. He may have turned it round but I'd be willing to bet that no matter what we wouldnt be hanging from the single finger we are now.

At the end of the day, maybe Leazes was right all along, maybe changing ownership wasnt all it was cracked up to be, Im loathe to believe that fat boy would have made such a glaring heart over head error.

Without going into all that is obvious to most of us (I've nursed a 30 pager on N.O. about Mashley fucking up), I will say that the summer spend was too limited to apportion the whole blame on SA and I always had a gut feeling he (SA) went to Mashley for more cash in Jan and the resulting fallout led to his dismissal. It all seemed too disorganised (the flirt with Nappy) etc to have been part of "the plan".

SA doesn't deserve to be judged on half a season with a team half-built (with little money). You see all along SA maybe could see the limitations better than most of us which might half way explain his reticence in tactics - guiding a faltering ship through tricky waters.

Perhaps we cannot even blame Mashley if we take into account their serious lack of football knowledge and background. Yet if this is the case and they are by not means idiots why didn't they appoint some serious advice givers at board level they week they took over? That surely would have been the approach of long term serious players. All that talk of an internal review was only it seems about finance and not it seems about football...Was Kemsley HIS main advisor all along? It wouldn't surprise me taking into account the subsequent appointments.

I said somewhere a few weeks ago that the greatest tragedies can only occur when a former hero is in place to take the fall. Bringing in KK was a masterstroke of PR but a wild gamble regarding the first team. That is still my view although I have had to convince myself that rabbits may still be pulled from circus hats.

I agree with the first paragraph. For whatever reason, which if it was that Allardyce wasnt' his man, then so be it, we will find out soon. Should have backed Keegan in jan though, I simply don't believe Keegan didn't look at the team and immediately realise we needed 2 forwards/strikers [as well as the failed bid to pinch Woodgate from Spurs].

Keegan, in spite of the results in a period where hand on heart we didnt' expect much anyway although maybe a win against the smogs or Bolton, is showing signs of turning the club around I think, looking at how we are playing. We are playing the right way, the way you should play if you want to be successful, but lacking the players to get the results just now. There is a case for saying that because of lack of ability we would be better tightening up the style to get the results, and the "tactically inept Keegan" people will jump on that. My money is on Keegan buying well and improving us quite a lot if Ashley backs him.

Everybody needs backing to have a chance.

Time will tell.

more to the point is how much we care about the points sam should have got at derby and co in the first half of the season and the christmass games .

yes, in terms of results, we are in the position we are in at the moment because of points lost under Allardyce rather than Keegan.

However if we can't get at least 6 or 7 points from home games against Fulham, Reading and the mackems then we/any team are genuine relegation material.

A win against Birmingham on Monday will send us up the table and banish all of this relegation talk. All we can do now is hope and pray. I have implicit faith in KK's ability to impress just how big this game is on the players and we are strong enough still to get this result. If Birmingham want this, and they do, we have to want it more and here's where KK's motivational ability will shine.

For whatever reason, which if it was that Allardyce wasnt' his man, then so be it, we will find out soon. Should have backed Keegan in jan though, I simply don't believe Keegan didn't look at the team and immediately realise we needed 2 forwards/strikers [as well as the failed bid to pinch Woodgate from Spurs].

I hate to say it because like everyone I want KK to succeed but my biggest worry with him as a manager now is the opposite of Leaze's comment above. (Not that I'm disagreeing with LM just looking at it differently).

Since the introduction of the tranfer window KK as a manager seems to have suffered.

Basically one of the factors in Keegan's success the first time was his ability to replace the previous with better when needed, now that is a lot harder and can only happen twice a season.

No longer can he rely on his ruthless nature of out with the old and in with better when needed and I'm not sure he's quite grasped that. Transfers now are more drawn out, the speculation is rife from the moment the transfer window closed to when it opens again. Players consider their transfers more seriously, whereas prior to the window system, if the next club was better than the last they would often go.

Admittedly a good scouting network should cancel that out but Newcastle and scouting networks in the past have rarely found themselves in the same sentence.

A win against Birmingham on Monday will send us up the table and banish all of this relegation talk. All we can do now is hope and pray. I have implicit faith in KK's ability to impress just how big this game is on the players and we are strong enough still to get this result. If Birmingham want this, and they do, we have to want it more and here's where KK's motivational ability will shine.

Last part of that sentence is utter rubbish tbh. As for "KK's motivational ability", really coming to the fore at the minute, isn't it?

Edited by Sima