Sven Goran Erikson

RlCO

I always fancied Sven at Newcastle but wouldn't touch him with a barge pole now. Fulham must have more money than sense if they go for him....

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who has been linked with the Fulham job, has "unfinished business" in the Premier League, says his agent.

The Swede is the front runner to replace Roy Hodgson after Fulham's attempt to lure Martin Jol from Ajax ended in failure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ham/8848047.stm

5 jobs in 4 years about to become 6?

And people call Keegan a quitter!

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think manager's 'lose it' though Ant, whatever 'it' is and I think Sven has lost his mojo, as Cheryl Cole might say.

I think manager's 'lose it' though Ant, whatever 'it' is and I think Sven has lost his mojo, as Cheryl Cole might say.

Aye guess so, hard to tell though with his latest stints all being international teams, which he never did well with.

Either way he is completely in it for the cash everywhere he's went, which is something he'd not get from us and we'd not need near us anyway.

I doubt many will fancy walking into that fulham job with having to follow their last season, Hodgson really turned them around from nearly relegated, and they will never repeat that sort of run with the average team they have.

Aye he's a proper mercenary like. I don't know if you remember but when he was England manager he was higher paid than any previous manager and as part of that there was a 'gentleman's agreement' between him and the FA that he wasn't supposed to get involved with commercial projects that played on his being the national manager. However he must have had a word with his lawyers and come to the conclusion he couldn't be held to that as it wasn't in his contract and he stared releasing Classical music compilations and all manner of other crap. You only need to look at that Kleenex ad to know he'd do anything for money. I'd honestly much rather have Hughton, especially for our current low budget situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think the problem with Sven is that if it is going tits up for whatever reason then he's doomed. I've heard nothing to the contrary that is dour and calm demeaner change and sometimes players need a kick up the arse, which he's just not capable of doing.

Guest CabayeAye

Terrible manager. Have never rated him. No personality, no fight, no drive. Might as well just get the kitman to read out the teamsheet. Also a complete mercenary and doesn't give a toss about his teams.