Blogs

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Has anyone got a blog on here? If you have, do you know any good hosts to set one up with. I'd also be interested in reading yours if you have. I'm going to start my own football blog.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion of blogs is this, are you really able to add to the topic that you're planning to write about? In your case, there are countless places you can read about football, from professionals right down to the message boards here. Just stop and think, what can you add that isn't already out there? And can you improve on it in any way, otherwise it's exactly as Mr Operator says.

Guest Stevie
My opinion of blogs is this, are you really able to add to the topic that you're planning to write about? In your case, there are countless places you can read about football, from professionals right down to the message boards here. Just stop and think, what can you add that isn't already out there? And can you improve on it in any way, otherwise it's exactly as Mr Operator says.

Well if everyone thought they had nothing to add which is new, not one fanzine would exist, in this country. I love reading alternative views, even when I don't agree with them.

Pure self indulgent bollocks imo.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I asked for constructive advice about it.

Has anyone got a blog on here? If you have, do you know any good hosts to set one up with. I'd also be interested in reading yours if you have. I'm going to start my own football blog.

Where above does it mention the word constructive?

Lets face it your blog will only be read by hooligans wondering if you're in a firm and they can meet up for a barney.

Guest Stevie

Lets face it your blog will only be read by hooligans wondering if you're in a firm and they can meet up for a barney.

Where do you get these ridiculous pre-conceptions from? If you can point to anything that has suggested I'm a hooligan or have ever been part of a firm, I'd like to see it.

Where do you get these ridiculous pre-conceptions from? If you can point to anything that has suggested I'm a hooligan or have ever been part of a firm, I'd like to see it.

I'd like to see evidence of my previous pre-concptions tbh.

Also I was referring to the sort of people that would be looking at random football blogs not to you mate.

You're so defensive about this fucking blog and you haven't even started the fucking thing yet!! :lol:

Guest Stevie

I'd like to see evidence of my previous pre-concptions tbh.

Also I was referring to the sort of people that would be looking at random football blogs not to you mate.

You're so defensive about this fucking blog and you haven't even started the fucking thing yet!! :lol:

pmsl :lol:

It will be a good blog.

Guest Stevie
i wouldn't bother stevie, you'll get ripped apart by people that don't eve know you.

not that i know you mind!

Ripped apart? No one rips me apart, those who abuse generally unless I respect them, and in net terms I respect someone like Alex, but those I don't respect I couldn't give a fuck about.

The blog will basically be abuse of other clubs and fans, and dispelling myths about NUFC.

Mines in my signature, although after my initial set of outbursts I rarely update it. If I do it'll be with some work from Uni i'm particularly happy with.

EDIT - To answer your question Blogspot is the best in my opinion, but i'm just a dossing student from Mackem territory so what do I know?

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest Stevie
Mines in my signature, although after my initial set of outbursts I rarely update it. If I do it'll be with some work from Uni i'm particularly happy with.

Did you buy the domain?

Did you buy the domain?

Aye, with the intent of doing a proper site which was vaguely music/cultural based but it never came to fruition, so I just use it for the blog.

I kept a travel blog when I went to Africa in October and really enjoyed it. It also means I've got a permanent diary of my trip online and it's canny to read back from time to time. It was on a designated travel site so it's not much use to you like, but I just thought I'd put my two pence worth in....

What happened to ohmelads?

Buckled under the weight of complete bullshit that was Leighton Baines tbh

Edited by Sima

Guest Stevie
I kept a travel blog when I went to Africa in October and really enjoyed it. It also means I've got a permanent diary of my trip online and it's canny to read back from time to time. It was on a designated travel site so it's not much use to you like, but I just thought I'd put my two pence worth in....

That would be a good one to Catherine, something interesting people might never experience.

Guest Stevie
oh dear in advance

What happened to ohmelads?

Buckled under the weight of complete bullshit that was Leighton Baines tbh

:lol: Eat ya heart oot Russell Grant.

That would be a good one to Catherine, something interesting people might never experience.

It was mainly so my dad knew I wasn't dead as I'd gone to South Africa alone :lol:

Psychic powers abandoned you on Leighton Baines though, eh?

Seriously man, I'd even read that little twerp that's travelling with The Guardian's blog over yours tbh

Edited by Sima

It was mainly so my dad knew I wasn't dead as I'd gone to South Africa alone :lol:

HulkHogan_Grani_11651517_400.jpg

HulkHogan_Grani_11651517_400.jpg

:lol:

If you notice his absence in the pub this week it's cos he's topping up the legendary tan...

(My dad, not HH)

Guest Stevie
Psychic powers abandoned you on Leighton Baines though, eh?

Seriously man, I'd even read that little twerp that's travelling with The Guardian's blog over yours tbh

I'm crushed.

My mate is a Londoner, supports The Bees, who we've had a few games with in the past, he reads this forum from time to time, he's just said to me there.....

He's such a cunt, it's every thread he's got some pathetic comment, though his Jock flag doesn't help. Every post i've seen from him has brought the reaction "oh dear" from me and nothing else. "little twerp" what kind of cunt says that?
Edited by Stevie

I've had a LiveJournal for years, occasionally post to it when there's a moan to be had or a pithy observation to be made. Total self-indulgence, but I don't care, and it's canny to read back every now and then. I have a feeling LJ tends to be regarded as a bit "kiddy" (though not as bad as MySpace), and it certainly seems to be more network-/friends-based than for general consumption per se, so something like blogger/blogspot would probably be better for what you're aiming for.