First Car

Magma

A 'P' reg red megane, free off my grandad.

Engine was a 1.4 but ive driven faster mopeds! Ball bearings had gone in the wheels too so when you went over 30 you couldnt even hear the radio. And even if you could hear it none of the buttons worked as my grandad accidentally locked it and forgot the code

silverrenaultmegane_52.jpg

Never owned, but after passing my test I drove my mam's 1995-era Renault Clio, which I assumed I'd be getting my hands on until she promptly sold it when I went to university. The heinous bitch.

Revenge for denying her grandchildren or vice versa?

She didn't know at the time (or did but was in a seriously well-crafted state of denial). Although thinking about it, she did sell it to some family friends for their son with whom I'd had a bit of how's-your-father a few years previously, so there could have been an interesting bargaining chip/blackmail tool in there if I'd been a bit more savvy at the time. Though I'm not sure how exactly. Oh well, it was only a fucking Clio. :lol:

I await SMO stepping in with

"Renault Clio, me mam bought it off some family friends"

:lol:

As for me, I bought a Morris Minor (hand painted in some dodgy purpley blue) which was made the same year as I was born! bag of shite but solid motor although you could open the locked doors using a penny!

1967 English built Mk I Morris Cooper S (they were also made in Aust), that some bastard had gutted and replaced with 1100K running gear.

Spent months trying to fix the problems to eventually throw my hands in the air and go and buy a Mk II that was mint.

Cars have been like guitars for me, I've had loads of them, 15 and half a dozen bikes.