Awooga! New TV Gladiators hosts announced

Scottish Mag

Kirsty Gallacher and Ian Wright are to present the return of 1990s Saturday night action game show Gladiators.

The programme, which sees members of the public pitched against "gladiators" in physical games and tasks, will be screened on Sky One.

Original referee John Anderson will also return, with contestants competing for a £50,000 prize.

Sky said the new programme, due to begin in May, would be given a "21st Century makeover".

Wright said: "Gladiators is a great show and I am thrilled to be involved.

Original games like the joust and Hang Tough will be brought back

"Since people first heard it was coming back, the response has been phenomenal and I am so excited that a new generation get to experience it."

Gallacher added: "I grew up with Gladiators so I couldn't be more excited to be involved in the new series.

"It promises to be great entertainment on a major scale and I can't wait to get started."

A brand new line-up of gladiators will be unveiled later this month.

The programme, which ran from 1992 to 2000 on ITV, was originally presented by former weather presenter Ulrika Jonsson and ex-footballer John Fashanu.

Sky's remake follows the recent successful resurrection of the US version, American Gladiators, now hosted by former wrestler Hulk Hogan and Muhammad Ali's daughter, Laila.

Guest Patrokles

I had a crush on Jet. I also went to see the show live with my dad. I'm almost certain I got one of those foam hands, though I didn't wear it during the show, or afterwards. But it was a trophy nevertheless.

Edited by Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Blimey.

Jet now spends more time devoted to counselling young people who are suffering from eating disorders, Jet herself suffered from bulimia from the age of 14 until 19. After gaining a degree in Psychotherapy and NLP training she also spends time working as a therapist. She will soon be joining Five's 'Trisha Goddard' chat show as a guest therapist. She will be on hand to help Trisha with some real life cases, really helping to make a difference to peoples lives.

She will soon be joining Five's 'Trisha Goddard' chat show as a guest therapist. She will be on hand to help Trisha with some real life cases, really helping to make a difference to peoples lives.

By attacking them with a giant ear bud?

I used to love Gladiators. Shadow was my favourite (he was unbeatable at the giant ear bud game) but then he got kicked out for being a druggie. :lol:

Think he got knocked down once iirc.