Defoe

wykikitoon

Scores again, but we dont want him tbh do we? :lol:

Defoe > Owen tbh

I have to say, I was one of the peeps who wasnt keen on Defoe, well, seems like he is enjoying his football at the moment :lol:

That's half the trouble with football these days imo. Setting aside the problems at NUFC for one moment - it's all seemingly about short-termism, whether that be in the eyes of most supporters, the press or whatever. Never mind whether Defoe actually is or isn't that good but a player or a manager has a decent spell and all of a sudden they're a world-beater, the future Man Utd / England manager or they would have been the answer to our problems. If he'd came here we still wouldn't have been creating chances and we'd have 3 midgets to choose from upfront.

At least we could have stood them on each other's shoulders to create one decent-sized striker though.

:lol: That reminds me of when England played Argentina in a friendly (before the last world cup I think, we won 3-2) and Owen climbed up Crouch to put a header in.

Thank god we didn't waste any money in January.........

If only we'd spunked £12M up the wall on the likes of Alves in our desperation to sign someone.....anyone.

Aye, at least we'd not be moaning about Alan Smith :lol:

Would rather have Martins starting some games at the moment. Would be worth a try at least!

Aye, goals out of nothing is what we need at the moment!

That's half the trouble with football these days imo. Setting aside the problems at NUFC for one moment - it's all seemingly about short-termism, whether that be in the eyes of most supporters, the press or whatever. Never mind whether Defoe actually is or isn't that good but a player or a manager has a decent spell and all of a sudden they're a world-beater, the future Man Utd / England manager or they would have been the answer to our problems. If he'd came here we still wouldn't have been creating chances and we'd have 3 midgets to choose from upfront.

Yup Defoe playing here in all likelihood wouldn't be the same as him playing there, and would have the same problems as anyone else playing here.

Defoe may or may not be better than Owen or anyone else, but it's pretty irrelevant for us at the moment and I'd still rather have someone like Viduka (who was actually bothered and fit) or Shearer to play along side what we have (and I'd probably still rather have a more functional midfield over that).