O'Neill eyes £8m Milner

Jimbo

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning an £8million summer swoop for Newcastle star James Milner.

Winger Milner, 22, has threeyears left on his contract at St James' Park after signing a new deal last summer.

But O'Neill believes he can lure the England Under-21 star away - especially if struggling Newcastle go down.

Milner spent a successful year on loan at Villa in 2005/2006.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning an £8million summer swoop for Newcastle star James Milner.

Winger Milner, 22, has threeyears left on his contract at St James' Park after signing a new deal last summer.

But O'Neill believes he can lure the England Under-21 star away - especially if struggling Newcastle go down.

Milner spent a successful year on loan at Villa in 2005/2006.

:lol:

£8m? I'd take it in a heart beat. I quite like Milner but I don't think he'll ever be anything special. Certainly not as a wide man anyway.

£8m? I'd take it in a heart beat. I quite like Milner but I don't think he'll ever be anything special. Certainly not as a wide man anyway.

I can see KK converting him into a Rob Lee-esque centre mid.

I think he's got potential to play in the middle like. He's got the engine for it, without a doubt.

I can see KK converting him into a Rob Lee-esque centre mid.

I think he's got potential to play in the middle like. He's got the engine for it, without a doubt.

Hes a far better passer and at shooting from range than butt or barton have shown us this season too

Quoted for truth. Except I admit the ridiculous amount of praise he gets has turned me against him.

Not that I do believe a iota of these made up rumours, but even to come up with the idea that Milner might be worth 8m is simply ridiculous.

I do agree but looking at what some others have gone for isn't all that "crazy". I would have Milner long before players like Nugent (£6m), Chopra (£5m), Richardson* (£5.5m)....

*Some will probably disagree but I think Richardson is vastly overrated.

wouldnt sell him if i had the chance , got a bit to learn but he's been the only decent thing this season for me .

we love to shit on our players ehh ? if you dont think milner commands 8 mill in this market i dont know what you expect to get in the summer .

Edited by Hadrian

Not that I do believe a iota of these made up rumours, but even to come up with the idea that Milner might be worth 8m is simply ridiculous.

I do agree but looking at what some others have gone for isn't all that "crazy". I would have Milner long before players like Nugent (£6m), Chopra (£5m), Richardson* (£5.5m)....

*Some will probably disagree but I think Richardson is vastly overrated.

It's a problem of the English market in general and probably part of the reason for the national team still struggling. They had Markus Babbel (who used to play for Liverpool) as a co-commentator for the Inter-Liverpool match here and he made some critical but interesting remarks about how all the money is good and bad for English football at the same time.

It's ridiculous just for example that for 8m on the continent you did get the likes of Toni or Klose last summer.

There are many players we should be getting rid of before Milner.

we should be getting rid of the lot of them.

How constructive, thanks.

why do you think we are doing so bad? its because the players arent good enough. the only players i would keep are beye and owen.

why do you think we are doing so bad? its because the players arent good enough. the only players i would keep are beye and owen.

Who has of course been immense.

:lol:

Edited by Gejon

How has of course been immense.

if you give him the service he will score you goals. if we get any half decent midfielders that actually have any creativity he will be worth keeping. However i understand what you are saying and agree with you and if we were to keep the same shite we have id rather have someone like defoe playing upfront for us instead of him