O'Neill eyes £8m Milner

Jimbo

There are many players we should be getting rid of before Milner.

we should be getting rid of the lot of them.

How constructive, thanks.

why do you think we are doing so bad? its because the players arent good enough. the only players i would keep are beye and owen.

I realise that, but replacing the entire squad at once is not realistic. Milner is one of our better players IMO, so we should be replacing others first.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you think we are doing so bad? its because the players arent good enough. the only players i would keep are beye and owen.

I realise that, but replacing the entire squad at once is not realistic. Milner is one of our better players IMO, so we should be replacing others first.

Not realistic? we have a billionaire owner. allardyce bought 8 players in the summer? i say id only keep beye and owen so we only need to replace 9 players, i dont see how thats unrealistic.

Not realistic? we have a billionaire owner. allardyce bought 8 players in the summer? i say id only keep beye and owen so we only need to replace 9 players, i dont see how thats unrealistic.

:lol:

Whats so funny? there has been talk of keegan having 100mil to spend in the summer so i dont see how its so unrealistic, chelsea did more or less the same thing when they got took over

Whats so funny? there has been talk of keegan having 100mil to spend in the summer so i dont see how its so unrealistic, chelsea did more or less the same thing when they got took over

£100m divided by 16+ players doesn't work out to be all that unless you have say Arsene Wenger as your manager.

Edited by Gejon

I don't think Ashley means business in the way Abramovich does unfortunately.... :D:lol:

im not expectin him to spend as much as abramovic has but spending a large amount on a one off season isnt that unrealistic imo. afterall imo he must be prepared to spend big when you look at how much he is payin dennis wise who was not needed

The idea that replacing the entire squad (less the two you mention) is realistic is funny. Especially when I realised you were being serious.

The idea that replacing the entire squad (less the two you mention) is realistic is funny. Especially when I realised you were being serious.

i didnt mean the entire squad because some of the better players that we have now shud be kept as our benchwarmers.

9 players isnt unrealistic

i didnt mean the entire squad because some of the better players that we have now shud be kept as our benchwarmers.

9 players isnt unrealistic

9 first team starters is, a little.

hmm lets see who did allardyce buy? enrique, beye, cacapa, rozehnal, faye, geremi, smith, barton, viduka. i would say that 6-7 of them were 1st team starters and il expect keegan to have alot more money to spend than him

hmm lets see who did allardyce buy? enrique, beye, cacapa, rozehnal, faye, geremi, smith, barton, viduka. i would say that 6-7 of them were 1st team starters and il expect keegan to have alot more money to spend than him

Is that supposed to be a good advert for replacing an entire first team and the disruption it brings?

Is that supposed to be a good advert for replacing an entire first team and the disruption it brings?

Are you kiddin? if we keep the majority of the shite we have we will be relegation battlers every season.

Are you kiddin? if we keep the majority of the shite we have we will be relegation battlers every season.

I was pointing out replacing most of first team didn't work last summer. I'm not saying the current lot are great or whatever (because I get the feeling I need to point that out before the words get put in my mouth). I just think signing a few very good players (4 or 5 max plus some younger players for the future perhaps) would be the best option and is realistic. Binning the whole team (which is what you were initially advocating) isn't.

I was pointing out replacing most of first team didn't work last summer. I'm not saying the current lot are great or whatever (because I get the feeling I need to point that out before the words get put in my mouth). I just think signing a few very good players (4 or 5 max plus some younger players for the future perhaps) would be the best option and is realistic. Binning the whole team (which is what you were initially advocating) isn't.

well imo the only reason it didnt work last summer is because of allardyce and all the rubbish he bought. 8 signings and id only consider keeping 2 of them at most

well imo the only reason it didnt work last summer is because of allardyce and all the rubbish he bought. 8 signings and id only consider keeping 2 of them at most

Well, that's one of the reasons it didn't work, I agree there. I just think it's expecting too much too soon to get rid of nearly everyone. I think plenty will go and plenty will come in but you'll still have a few people playing next season who've featured this season. It's more the logistics of signing and selling all the players you talk about that is a problem, rather than the money involved imo.

£8m would be a great price. I think MON would turn him into a CM/AMC. I'm pretty sure he played there most of the time in his loan spell at Villa. Scored a fair amount, as well.

Nar.

not worth £8m in a million years but i also reckon he's one worth keeping because he's a tryer plus he's gt a bit about him; it's just his lack of pace that lets him down as a winger. crying out for a move inside - i reckon he'd do a job in the bearsdely role just behind a striker or as an attakhing midfielder.