O'Neill eyes £8m Milner

Jimbo

If this is true I'd snap their hands off. Imo what were seeing of Milner now is the finished article, there's nothing more to come. Newcastle fans console themselves with the 'he's got potential' line instead of just admitting there stuck with shit.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup, Villa fan here... hope you dont mind me trespassing.

I can guarantee you that IF we purchase Milner he would be our right winger. Its how MON wants it and actually dont have a right winger except Routledge who is yet to become match fit.

Milner is quite highly regarded with us Villans tho. Good work rate and generally a really talented winger. Might be going a bit stale with you lot, but i would be thrilled if we signed him. Was immense last time he was here.

His work rate and physique would help us defensivly aswell, and MON tend to like big players with the right attitude.

How old is he now? 22?

Either way, regarding the £ 8 Mill i wouldnt take that to seriously. We might end up paying that as MON is willing to pay top dollar for the English youths he want ( NRC £ 8 Mill, Young £ 9 Mill, Davies £ 9 Mill etc.), but he also is impossible to read in the market. That makes it very frustrating at times, but atleast you dont get to many false hopes.

Personally i can see him bidding something like £ 6 Mill with addons etc.

I dont get why you would snap our hands off though. If i were you i would keep him and simply build a better team. The inflated transfer market is quite silly, which you can see from the last two windows. Do you really think you can buy a better winger then Milner for less then £ 8 Mill? Where? I would be really surpised if you managed that. The talents around Europe has for the last 10 years been picked up and added to the big squads of the really big clubs. It really isnt easy adding a similar quality signing for less money in that position.

Milner is very young, experienced, talented, English and plays for a club in the EPL. £ 8 mill. Compare that to Ashley Young who we paid close to £ 10 Mill for over a year ago. He was inexperienced and played for Watford. Obviously i would say his value has doubled since then, but im just trying to tell you that £ 8 Mill for Milner isnt really a brilliant deal for you.

IMO :puke:

Sup, Villa fan here... hope you dont mind me trespassing.

I can guarantee you that IF we purchase Milner he would be our right winger. Its how MON wants it and actually dont have a right winger except Routledge who is yet to become match fit.

Milner is quite highly regarded with us Villans tho. Good work rate and generally a really talented winger. Might be going a bit stale with you lot, but i would be thrilled if we signed him. Was immense last time he was here.

His work rate and physique would help us defensivly aswell, and MON tend to like big players with the right attitude.

How old is he now? 22?

Either way, regarding the £ 8 Mill i wouldnt take that to seriously. We might end up paying that as MON is willing to pay top dollar for the English youths he want ( NRC £ 8 Mill, Young £ 9 Mill, Davies £ 9 Mill etc.), but he also is impossible to read in the market. That makes it very frustrating at times, but atleast you dont get to many false hopes.

Personally i can see him bidding something like £ 6 Mill with addons etc.

I dont get why you would snap our hands off though. If i were you i would keep him and simply build a better team. The inflated transfer market is quite silly, which you can see from the last two windows. Do you really think you can buy a better winger then Milner for less then £ 8 Mill? Where? I would be really surpised if you managed that. The talents around Europe has for the last 10 years been picked up and added to the big squads of the really big clubs. It really isnt easy adding a similar quality signing for less money in that position.

Milner is very young, experienced, talented, English and plays for a club in the EPL. £ 8 mill. Compare that to Ashley Young who we paid close to £ 10 Mill for over a year ago. He was inexperienced and played for Watford. Obviously i would say his value has doubled since then, but im just trying to tell you that £ 8 Mill for Milner isnt really a brilliant deal for you.

IMO :D

Pretty much agree with you there...I think he's a great player albeit not top drawer. I think it would be insane to get rid of him although I'd like to see him given a chance in CM.

The guy is no trouble, works his socks off and plays well in a good side. £8m would be theft IMO!

Welcome btw... :puke:

Probably one of the greatest young midfielders this country has ever produced.

Even better than when Phil Stamp first came through the ranks at Burra?

Better than Gazza imho.

Better than Gazza imho.

Gazza's still quicker than him. Parrot on shoulder or not.

Better than Gazza imho.

Gazza's still quicker than him. Parrot on shoulder or not.

:puke:

i'd sell for that, the fact that he is probably the best player here week in week out would'nt stop me selling for that money! Its just depressing that someone who does'nt get amongst the goals and is'nt likely to ever be an international and who does'nt have a set position as either winger, striker or midfielder can be considered the best performer at the club. I'd sell taylor if similar money were offered as well as he does'nt inspire confidence in me, i'd sooner use the money to get someone like Samba. Unlikely that an entirely new 1st 11 will start next season....but it really needs to happen. I would really struggle to put together even the weakest of cases for keeping hold of any players...If i compare the newcastle best 11 with the best 11 of any other side in the league its sad to say i get down to boro before i say one or two of our players would get in thier team i.e. owen & martins are better than Mido & allypally.....its depressing but honest to say they've better quality everywere else! :puke:

:puke: Having stated that i would sell and that imo he's about the best performer here. The depressing thing really is that when i bought this years away shirt 2 months into the season i could'nt think of a single current players name i'd want on the back, as pre-season optimism was gone owen was half dead and the rest were dross........Christ do we need some quality!!!!

i'd sell for that, the fact that he is probably the best player here week in week out would'nt stop me selling for that money!

How do you reckon we'll ever progress if we sell a player who is in your opinion the best performer at the club for £8m? Doesn't make sense.

Usual thought from me. Only way Id let Milner go (English U21 regular showing improvement) is if we had a good/excellent replacement. At the moment, he's hardly an excess and if anything despite his failings has been consistantly one of our better players. Id sooner have the centre of midfield looked at before the wings. Not only that, but lets say we do bring in a good winger. Id rather have the depth in the squad and make Milner fight for his place. So in fact, Ive talked myself out of getting rid at all.

i'd sell for that, the fact that he is probably the best player here week in week out would'nt stop me selling for that money!

How do you reckon we'll ever progress if we sell a player who is in your opinion the best performer at the club for £8m? Doesn't make sense.

If you read the rest of the post it does.

Thanks for the help but it still doesn't make sense.

Well the reasoning behind what he says is explained in the rest of the post whether you agree with it or not. The bit you quoted is out of context imo. I don't necessarily agree with him, especially about Milner being our best player week-in, week-out. I hope that's a bit clearer for you cuntchops.

Well the reasoning behind what he says is explained in the rest of the post whether you agree with it or not. The bit you quoted is out of context imo. I don't necessarily agree with him, especially about Milner being our best player week-in, week-out. I hope that's a bit clearer for you cuntchops.

What is it with you two, you're forever arguing like children.

Mutual contempt.

I quoted that bit because it was the main point I disagreed with. I've read his reasoning but advocating the sale of someone you rate as your best performer still doesn't make sense to me.

Mutual contempt.

I don't have contempt for anyone on this board, hence why I don't target particular users to be deliberately awkard with, unlike yourself.

It's all a bit pathetic tbh.

Mutual contempt.

I don't have contempt for anyone on this board, hence why I don't target particular users to be deliberately awkard with, unlike yourself.

It's all a bit pathetic tbh.

Aye, righto man. Not saying I'm not pathetic at times but cut the moral superiority patter. No one buys it.