Keegan: Viduka can be our Torres

Jimbo

It's this kind of thing KK comes out with that really worries me.

Well he's not going to the press and say he thinks he's a lazy, worthless piece of shit is he? He's always been good at motivating the troops man.

Yeah but this is just delusional.

What has he exactly said that's delusional though?

Viduka patently can't be anything like Torres 99% of the time.

If he's saying that in that one moment he can do the unexpected that's fair enough I guess. I don't want to be too hard on KK.

Motivating players only makes sense if the player themselves can believe it.

Worth a go I guess.

If he's saying that? :puke:

But he isn't really saying that. He's saying that on the whole they have similar assets which is patent bollocks. I've watered it down cause I like him - as you would do for you mate when he starts rambling in the pub.

I must have missed the part where he said Viduka had Torres' pace combined with his movement then and a desire and hunger that he has. On the whole indeed.

Ask yourself why make such a dumb comparison in the first place? It's embarrassing. We both realise he meant that both can score the odd unexpected goal in the box....At the end of the day so what? I'm sure as you are clearly aware this is a motivational workout, but my god has it come to this? :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's not going to the press and say he thinks he's a lazy, worthless piece of shit is he? He's always been good at motivating the troops man.

If he's saying that in that one moment he can do the unexpected that's fair enough I guess. I don't want to be too hard on KK.

Worth a go I guess.

But he isn't really saying that. He's saying that on the whole they have similar assets which is patent bollocks. I've watered it down cause I like him - as you would do for you mate when he starts rambling in the pub.

I must have missed the part where he said Viduka had Torres' pace combined with his movement then and a desire and hunger that he has. On the whole indeed.

Ask yourself why make such a dumb comparison in the first place? It's embarrassing. We both realise he meant that both can score the odd unexpected goal in the box....At the end of the day so what? I'm sure as you are clearly aware this is a motivational workout, but my god has it come to this? :D

How is it a dumb comparison? He only mentioned Torres due to that goal the other evening, that's all. Viduka can score out of nothing, he's proven that plenty of times over his career.

Worth a go I guess.

How is it a dumb comparison? He only mentioned Torres due to that goal the other evening, that's all. Viduka can score out of nothing, he's proven that plenty of times over his career.

Ok.

Some people are just looking for any excuse to knock KK.

Some people's only connection to the club or more importantly, other fans of the club, is these forums, If it means knocking KK to have a bit of lively Newwcastle debate, they will, otherwise it's quiet and they get no interaction with fellow fans at all, which is the best bit about football.

The entire country for a start.

I think it really is mostly the media. Big hype big fall stylee...The old formula. We're not that important in the scheme of things.

Some people's only connection to the club or more importantly, other fans of the club, is these forums, If it means knocking KK to have a bit of lively Newwcastle debate, they will, otherwise it's quiet and they get no interaction with fellow fans at all, which is the best bit about football.

Cheers for that.

Cheers for that.

No worries.

Anything else you want explaining, just say the word.

:puke:

Very much so.

I mean what part of "You saw Fernando Torres the other night score a goal [for Liverpool] when a lot of players would have taken another touch, and Mark comes into that category, too. He doesn’t need a lot of space, he can do the unexpected.” says he is as good as Torres?

Like you say, people bitching for the sake of it.

Id have Viduka ahead of Smith up front any game. Id also prefer a fully fit Viduka/Owen than Martins/Owen and Viduka has strength up front.

Very much so.

I mean what part of "You saw Fernando Torres the other night score a goal [for Liverpool] when a lot of players would have taken another touch, and Mark comes into that category, too. He doesn’t need a lot of space, he can do the unexpected.” says he is as good as Torres?

Id have Viduka ahead of Smith up front any game. Id also prefer a fully fit Viduka/Owen than Martins/Owen and Viduka has strength up front.

For the record I'm not having a pop at KK.

Very much so.

Oh, my mistake then.

Very much so.

I'd hoy on Viduka, Owen AND Martins. Whether it meant Martins on the right or behind the front 2.

Very much so.

Oh, my mistake then.

Across the many boards I roam :puke: I'm still sticking up for him as you well know.

The entire country for a start.

I think it really is mostly the media. Big hype big fall stylee...The old formula. We're not that important in the scheme of things.

Nah its the entire country.

Go on Football365 forums, we are the butt of 90% of the jokes.

Casts doubt on the rumours of a falling-out between Viduka and KK. I'd have him back in the side any day, lazy and questionable "fitness" but when he can be arsed he's looked dangerous.

Does it?

I'd say if anything it adds fule to the fire considering the other bit of information.

You shouldn't listen to Craig Moore when he is drunk... :D

Ah but Wolfie, when it's his shout you have to otherwise the tight scottish git doesn't shout :puke:

since when was torres an overweight convict?

Dan you clueless twat, Viduka's heritage is croatian Australian!

Your lot didn't get the chance to deport them for stealing bread.

Hahahaha that only happens to scum Poms right Sammy?

Imagine that, being punished by going to a paradise for stealing bread and scraps and avoiding the black plague.

Oh Mother England... :puke:

Viduka and Owen it is then for the rest of the season?

*sighs*

Sammy still has a look of Viduka about him like, obviously being a lot lighter though.

since when was torres an overweight convict?

Dan you clueless twat, Viduka's heritage is croatian Australian!

Your lot didn't get the chance to deport them for stealing bread.

you're australian? that explains a lot

Off his fucking napper.

Maybe you should read the article and not just the headline... :puke:

For what it's worth I do think Viduka is a good player technically (although obviously not as good as Torres who is a fantastic player and possibly the best in Europe right now). You've got to play to his strengths though, get him playing with his back to goal and get lots of runners up to him. He can hold the ball in tight situations, a very difficult thing to do. The problem is his fitness and temperament which is unfortunately a lot more suspect than his ability.

Keegan Hopes Barton & Viduka Will Lift Newcastle

Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan is looking forward to welcoming midfielder Joey Barton and striker Mark Viduka to the first team for Monday's trip to relegation-battlers Birmingham City.

Barton’s bail restrictions meant he was not available for last weekend’s trip to Liverpool, and the 25-year-old will also miss the Everton clash later in the season. Viduka meanwhile, had been troubled with his injury problems, but the Australian is expected to be fit to start at St Andrew’s.

"We knew we couldn't play Joey against Liverpool, and we know we won't be able to play him against Everton in the last game of the season, and we have known that for a long time," Keegan said on the club’s official website.

"He's a player who, a little bit like Mark Viduka, gives us something we haven't got.

"With the small squad we've got, we need everybody fit and trying to get into the side and making the competition tough, and I'm delighted to have him back."