Sunday Supplement

themags

Nah, Ive been avoiding the general media tripe for a while now. Watched MotD this morning only because I knew they wouldnt talk about us. But of course they slipped in a bit about steve harper and food though I wasnt paying much attention then.

this morning.

Talking about the setup at Newcastle now being an absolute shambles.

Far too many people in the management process, not to Keegans liking [correct comment probably] and a nameless ex player who agrees with these comments.

they have it up in print on the website .

this statement says it all for me .....

""People are having a go at Keegan. I say let Keegan have the money in the summer and let's judge him next season. But ideally I would like another takeover at the club. "

he would like another takeover at our club , thats nice of him innit .

they have it up in print on the website .

this statement says it all for me .....

""People are having a go at Keegan. I say let Keegan have the money in the summer and let's judge him next season. But ideally I would like another takeover at the club. "

he would like another takeover at our club , thats nice of him innit .

didn't realise they do a transcript of that and can't find it, do you have a link

Article is called 'carry on up the toon' highly original :puke:

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,2...3311730,00.html

cheers, peronally I agree with most of what he says. (Edit - the Express guy is who I mean here)

Especially the bit about running the club from London instead of in Newcastle.

Edited by LeazesMag

Article is called 'carry on up the toon' highly original :puke:

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,2...3311730,00.html

cheers, peronally I agree with most of what he says.

Especially the bit about running the club from London instead of up here.

cant give judgement on how thats working at this early stage tho surely ?

its not an ideal i agree , but if everything run's smoothly this summer we shouldnt complain , if wisey was in little benton 24/7 they would only print how it undermines keegan .

why should they care who own's newcastle utd? we have the only english billionare owner in the prem and they want to see him out , forget about thanksin who's up in court atm and labeled with crimes against humanity :D

i think its more todo with the media blankout that's happened inside nufc since the new regime .

they fail to take note that fthe run of fixtures keegans had since his return is arguably the hardest run we have had all season .

You normally hate this show don't you Leazes?

I watch it religously Alex, haven't always but I do now. Same as I used to watch Andy Grays boot room years ago, brilliant.

May not agree, especially with those who have an agenda against the club, but sometimes they make good comments that you can accept if they are fair. And I agree with what was said this morning by the bloke from the Express. I've alwasy been against these big committee bollocks things, the manager runs the club and appoints his own employees is how it should be and nothing else. You also need the major people to live in the city or thereabouts too.

I think there is a lot of assumption on how the club is run in the media, they seem certain that Dennis Wise is pulling the strings along with Paul Kelmsley, and I'm not sure I believe that, all this "why is the club run from London ?", well if Wise and co are focusing on recruitment of young talent for the club why on earth would they need to be based in an office somewhere in SJP ??

Three Tier Management works fine in spain for the likes of Real Madrid etc.

Means that when you sack a manager the knock on effect isnt as bad.

Exactly

There is a lot to agree with in that article but either way they would find a way to criticise us.

About Keegan having to appear before a board of a few people before signing a player i say fair enough for now.

I dont criticise Keegan and i have total faith in him but this is the same Keegan that a couple of months ago forgot that Henry* played for Barcelona instead of Arsenal.

*Which actually looks a palpable signing now.

There is a lot to agree with in that article but either way they would find a way to criticise us.

About Keegan having to appear before a board of a few people before signing a player i say fair enough for now.

Which is how I've read Spurs work now - any shit stirring articles being written about them?

this isn't Spain. Real Madrid are a huge club whatever system they use. Don't other clubs in Spain use this system, surely that means if everybody uses the same system it is irrelevant ? What do manure, Arsenal and Liverpool do ?

You quote clubs where it works, I'll quote clubs where it doesn't but I'll tell you one thing, any manager who accepts others interfering in transfers, telling him who his assistants will be, and the footballing running of the club isn't worth a light in my eyes. In THIS country, all the successful clubs that have won the league are clubs where the manager is king.

And the day Wise or anybody attempts to do this to Keegan, he'll be off.

this isn't Spain. Real Madrid are a huge club whatever system they use. Don't other clubs in Spain use this system, surely that means if everybody uses the same system it is irrelevant ? What do manure, Arsenal and Liverpool do ?

You quote clubs where it works, I'll quote clubs where it doesn't but I'll tell you one thing, any manager who accepts others interfering in transfers, telling him who his assistants will be, and the footballing running of the club isn't worth a light in my eyes. In THIS country, all the successful clubs that have won the league are clubs where the manager is king.

Cant disagree there.

Apart from Chelsea. I don't neccessarily disagree with you but I think it's a trend which may well become more popular in this country with more continental managers coming in etc. I don't really have a problem with it happening at NUFC either. So long as it works well for the club, who cares? It seems to have been reasonably successful at Spurs too.

Can't see whats wrong with a bunch of people having a meeting to discuss potential transfers as long as kev has the final say - we could have done with this approach with about 70% of our previous transfer dealings and we may not have ended up with the under performing donkeys that turned out for us

That explains why we havent won the league for a good while then :puke:

I dont necessarily see running the club from London as a problem, this is the digital age after all, video conferencing and that interweb thingy all allow you to do business from anywhere. I believe the chairman should be based in SJP but after that who cares.

I dont necessarily see running the club from London as a problem, this is the digital age after all, video conferencing and that interweb thingy all allow you to do business from anywhere. I believe the chairman should be based in SJP but after that who cares.

I know what you're saying but there has to be something said for face-to-face business dealings mate. I agree Ashley doesn't need to be up here, but I think Mort and certainly Wise, Vetere etc. should be up here at least 4 days out of the 7.

I know what you're saying but there has to be something said for face-to-face business dealings mate. I agree Ashley doesn't need to be up here, but I think Mort and certainly Wise, Vetere etc. should be up here at least 4 days out of the 7.

why though? the people they do business with arent here. The only people the likes of Wise needs to speak to at the club itself is KK and Mort, I would assume that the bulk of his work is done by dealing with other clubs ie those outside Tyneside. Those that need to be in Newcastle itself are those linked with the day to day runnings of the team ie KK and staff and the people responsible for the ground. All transfer dealings etc are away from here, finance, accounts all can be done anywhere.

why though? the people they do business with arent here. The only people the likes of Wise needs to speak to at the club itself is KK and Mort, I would assume that the bulk of his work is done by dealing with other clubs ie those outside Tyneside. Those that need to be in Newcastle itself are those linked with the day to day runnings of the team ie KK and staff and the people responsible for the ground. All transfer dealings etc are away from here, finance, accounts all can be done anywhere.

Rafa Benitez has complained about Liverpool, and so did Allardyce that when it came to transfers, they missed out on players through lack of communication and not moving quickly enough.

I would say that Mort needs to be here, permanently, and also needs to hold absolute authority from Ashley to do anything that he sees fit and ask questions later.

Maybe its a smaller world these days, but I just think that having a contact and an iffinity with the city, whatever club you work for, is pretty important.

The biggest point for me is the commitee stuff though, because - regarding transfers again - I just think if Keegan wants a player then he asks Mort for clearance and if he gets it, then its full steam ahead for the 2 of them to go and talk to the player asap.