Official Match Thread - Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle

khay

Birmingham defender Martin Taylor will serve the third game of a three-match ban for his red card against Arsenal.

Cameron Jerome should be fit despite a minor toe injury.

Newcastle could have striker Mark Viduka back after calf and hamstring injuries, while midfielder Joey Barton is also available.

But James Milner (foot) is out for three weeks, joining Shay Given (groin), Emre (calf) and Stephen Carr (hamstring) on the sidelines.

# Birmingham manager Alex McLeish:

"Every game is really important. We are very aware of that.

"If we can play at the same levels that we have played at home in the last three or four games, then Newcastle are going to be in for a very hard game.

"All we've ever asked of the players is that anyone who has come to St Andrews gets back on the bus thinking 'this is a hell of a place to come to'.

"Newcastle are another of the huge clubs coming here that we've got to believe we can do well against and it's our intention to achieve that."

# Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan:

"We can only affect what is coming.

"You have to get to a point when you say, 'Don't look back, let's look at nine games left'.

"The ones that have gone, disappointing as they have been, are confined to history now."

Birmingham (from): Maik Taylor, Kelly, Ridgewell, Jaidi, Murphy, Larsson, Muamba, Johnson, McSheffrey, Forssell, McFadden, O'Connor, Jerome, Nafti, Doyle, Queudrue, Zarate, De Ridder, Parnaby.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Forster, Beye, Enrique, Taylor, Faye, Cacapa, Edgar, Butt, N'Zogbia, Duff, Barton, Geremi, Owen, Smith, Martins, Viduka, Carroll.

:puke:

Edited by T-Keith

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"All we've ever asked of the players is that anyone who has come to St Andrews gets back on the bus thinking 'this is a hell of a place to come to'.

I don't think the players themselves would have to do anything to engender that reaction from anyone who's ever been to Bordesley Green or Small Heath.

Was watching a documentary last night on an old tape. When it ended it fuzzed into what was previously recorded on it and there was still the whole second half of the home game versus Everton in 2002 (6-2).

Some class football, and seeing that lot in action again made me realise how real this all is. No getting away from the feelings involved here. It's in our own hands.

Was watching a documentary last night on an old tape. When it ended it fuzzed into what was previously recorded on it and there was still the whole second half of the home game versus Everton in 2002 (6-2).

Some class football, and seeing that lot in action again made me realise how real this all is. No getting away from the feelings involved here. It's in our own hands.

Oh yes baby. :puke:

No excuses now, if we don't win tonight, we won't beat Fulham either IMO.

In thier last 3 matches they've beaten Spurs and drawn with Arsenal as well as a semi-comback against Pompey.

It won't be easy.

I'M STICKING MY NECK OUT FOR A WIN. :puke:

We'll lose tonight and we'll not win against Fulham either IMO.

The reason being the majority of our current crop of players haven't got the talent or the stomach for the battle.

Most of them are more talented than the Birmingham/Fulham players but it means nowt if they've got no balls, and even those with so-called balls like Smith are dogshit footballers!

Birmingham 2 - 1 Newcastle

Newcastle 1 - 1 Fulham

imo

We'll lose tonight and we'll not win against Fulham either IMO.

The reason being the majority of our current crop of players haven't got the talent or the stomach for the battle.

Most of them are more talented than the Birmingham/Fulham players but it means nowt if they've got no balls, and even those with so-called balls like Smith are dogshit footballers!

Birmingham 2 - 1 Newcastle

Newcastle 1 - 1 Fulham

imo

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine!

I can see us getting a scrappy draw tonight, then lose against Fulham after going 1-0 up. :puke:

Brum 1 - 1 Newcastle

Newcastle 1 - 2 Fulham

Is that the last time we scored five plus goals? Even Carl Cort got one IIRC.

Is that the last time we scored five plus goals? Even Carl Cort got one IIRC.

I'm thinking no, as that 5-1 win at home against Blackburn a year later comes to mind. Can't think of any others since. Carl Cort aye :puke:

I think this'll turn out to be a draw....

Given where they are though, we really need the points tbh - those who claim that it's not as concerning since the results at the weekend are kidding themselves.

This is one of the critical games

Given where they are though, we really need the points tbh - those who claim that it's not as concerning since the results at the weekend are kidding themselves.

Imho the critical games are the home games, this is one that can ease the pressure and give the team a kick start. Losing it would be bad but not a disaster. Maybe that's why I am not that nervous.

Imho the critical games are the home games, this is one that can ease the pressure and give the team a kick start. Losing it would be bad but not a disaster. Maybe that's why I am not that nervous.

We need to start winning asap. This is as good place to start as any.

I hope to fuck we drop the ''backs against the wall, sleeves up, Alan FOOKIN Smith'' bullshit and just pass the ball better than them and create 10 chances for little Michael because he's bound to get one of those in =/ England's MO always saves the day...

Was just watching SSN and much though we need to look to get ourselves out of it, i think there's a good chance Bolton will do the job for us (and others). They're now on a bad run of form and have a very tough run in whereas other teams down here have winnable games (often against each other obviously!) and the chance to pull out of it.

If i'm being confident and thinking we can get clear of it and safe then i think its the Mackems who will probably have Bolton to thank for saving them. Because for all Fulham dragged themselves back into the fight i do honestly think we'll beat them and i think they will go down, just hope i'm right on us beating them!

As for tonight i really have no idea, i genuinely think its really tough to call as we could pull off a win, it could be a dull, tight battle like away to Fulham where the football was utter shite or it could be the usual keep it tight, concede then lose style away match!

But i'm going for Keegan's first win tonight, what the hell!