Official Match Thread - Birmingham 1-1 Newcastle

khay

Scene taken from The Likely Lads episode The Suitor, first aired 1964.

Terry: You going to the match tomorrow? They'll Lose!

Bob: There's a shrewd observation. Of course they'll lose, they always lose. I can tell you what's going to happen now. They'll come out like Real Madrid, run round the field for ten minutes, get one goal down, go to pieces, lose five nothing, it's pathetic.

Terry: So you're not going then.

Bob: Course I'm going.

:puke:

it's innate.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to stick my neck out and say 2-0 Newcastle.

Owen in the first 10 minutes, Taylor towards the end.

If we lose this it would be a huge opportunity lost to gain some crucial points. 3 points on the board tonight takes a great deal of pressure off and keeps things in our hands.

Edited by Stephen

We'll see tonight who actually gives a fuck about the club because after some of the results at the weekend this is our Cup Final

Why tonight? They should have done it long before now the fuckers!

I fancy Smith for a goal tonight for some reason :puke:

Its his kind of game, there wont be much football played and relegation 6 pointers are always about who wants it more.

What are the odds on that, 250/1?

Its his kind of game, there wont be much football played and relegation 6 pointers are always about who wants it more.

But that's exactly the problem, Smith "wants it more" in absolutely the wrong way. Making him a waste of space on the pitch whoever we play.

3-1 to them.

I reckon they'll be really up for it and we're shit.

I realise we played quite well against Blackburn, but we haven't got a single leader in our side.

:puke:

I think this'll turn out to be a draw....

Given where they are though, we really need the points tbh - those who claim that it's not as concerning since the results at the weekend are kidding themselves.

This is one of the critical games

Imho the critical games are the home games, this is one that can ease the pressure and give the team a kick start. Losing it would be bad but not a disaster. Maybe that's why I am not that nervous.

Normally I'd agree but given that this is a real 6-pointer I think we critically need to win. If we lose, they're above us with a vastly superior goal difference. The psychological effect that'll have on us will be as bad as losing at home IMO.

If we win, we're 6 points clear of the drop zone.

As shit as the entire situation is, does anyone else think it's a refreshing change to actually have something to play for at the end of the season for once?

it's a change, sure enough... wouldn't say it was refreshing though :puke:

As shit as the entire situation is, does anyone else think it's a refreshing change to actually have something to play for at the end of the season for once?

I suppose not..but at least the games mean something.

Us to win 2-0, it will be tight but all the luck we've missed out on will turn up tonight. Smith and Martins to score. Of course then Smith will be an instant hero and guaranteed for selection in all of the rest of our matches, but isn't that happening already?

As someone said already in this thread, really fancying Smith to score tonight for whatever reason. Just a feeling.

I suppose not..but at least the games mean something.

yeah I have to admit in a masochistic way I'm "enjoying" this end to a season a hell of a lot more than the nothing years under Souness and Roeder etc.

Us to win 2-0, it will be tight but all the luck we've missed out on will turn up tonight. Smith and Martins to score. Of course then Smith will be an instant hero and guaranteed for selection in all of the rest of our matches, but isn't that happening already?

As someone said already in this thread, really fancying Smith to score tonight for whatever reason. Just a feeling.

you're all fucking mental.

Im not sure whats happened here. The fact that some think we will win or that Smith will score. Talk about forever optimists :puke:

I might join the "mental" group, i reckon Smith is going to score (probably 1 in total this season) and i think its going to be a crucial one, so why not tonight!

In all reality..."Who the fuck are Birmingham"??!!

Edited by Park Life