Given out for 6 weeks

Happy Face

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7302339.stm

Newcastle keeper Shay Given is expected to be out for six weeks after having groin surgery in Germany on Tuesday.

Given has not played since Newcastle's 5-1 home defeat against Manchester United on 23 February.

He will be operated on by Dr Ulrike Muschaweck, who has also treated Michael Owen and Alan Shearer.

A Newcastle statement read: "Shay Given is expected to make a full recovery after surgery and will be absent for a six-week period."

The 31-year-old Republic of Ireland keeper was sidelined by a similar problem at the start of the season.

If harper is going to see out the rest of the season in goal, and given Givens poor form, I wonder who'll be first choice come August.

Newcastle keeper Shay Given is expected to be out for six weeks after having groin surgery in Germany on Tuesday.

Given has not played since Newcastle's 5-1 home defeat against Manchester United on 23 February.

He will be operated on by Dr Ulrike Muschaweck, who has also treated Michael Owen and Alan Shearer.

A Newcastle statement read: "Shay Given is expected to make a full recovery after surgery and will be absent for a six-week period."

The 31-year-old Republic of Ireland keeper was sidelined by a similar problem at the start of the season.

If harper is going to see out the rest of the season in goal, and given Givens poor form, I wonder who'll be first choice come August.

That made me chuckle, simple things and that. :(

That kraut surgeon is making a few quid out of us!

That made me chuckle, simple things and that. :rolleyes:

That kraut surgeon is making a few quid out of us!

:(

I'm interested to see how Harper gets on...it's make or break time in his career if he wants the shirt.