The various permutations of coffee and tea.

Park Life

I'm tea all the way.

I can't stand the smell or taste of coffee (and I hate people with coffee breath). It's got to be normal tea, none of this fruit-flavoured nonsense. No sugar, lots of milk. Leave it to stand a while before drinking.

On this subject.

I work on a ward where people tend to have a cuppa every hour. Now I dont drink tea or coffee so probably once a shift il go to the kitchen and get a quick glass of water and that does me.

But I get grief every day for not going and making a tray for everyone else! Now my argument is, if I was hungry I would go and get something to eat, I wouldnt say 'Hey Steve, Im hungry, go and make me something'

Why the fuck would I go and make ten cups of tea and coffee for other people when I dont even drink the stuff?

On this subject.

I work on a ward where people tend to have a cuppa every hour. Now I dont drink tea or coffee so probably once a shift il go to the kitchen and get a quick glass of water and that does me.

But I get grief every day for not going and making a tray for everyone else! Now my argument is, if I was hungry I would go and get something to eat, I wouldnt say 'Hey Steve, Im hungry, go and make me something'

Why the fuck would I go and make ten cups of tea and coffee for other people when I dont even drink the stuff?

Spread the love man. :razz:

see J69, you're not a cuppa drinker, you should, by the rights and rules of the Cuppa, be exempt from te/coffee making duties. This is a case of cuppa drinkers misunderstanding the laws.

by the by.. do you not drink tea or coffee because of the taste, or is it a stimulant and therefore against your credo?

The taste, I know im anti drugs but its recreational drugs rather than caffeine, paracetamol etc.

alcohol? :razz:

to be honest I don't really see a big difference between caffeine and weed, but can't really be arsed to get into a discussion about it.

to your original point, you've effectively removed yourself from the tea/coffee rota by not drinking it yourself. If you were making tea for yourself then they'd have a point

Tea has to be Assam, stewed for five minutes with a little bit of milk. Anything else is for girls.

Coffee, I'm not that fussy about, but I do make sure I buy a fairtrade one now.

Correct.

Used to hate coffee but I'm getting into the 'scene' now. I particularly like a latte with a splash of vanilla. Oooh, chase me!

The taste, I know im anti drugs but its recreational drugs rather than caffeine, paracetamol etc.

You would find it rather difficult as a nurse I suppose if you were against ALL drugs. "No, you can't have your aspirin, you junkie. No, I don't care if you have a heart attack, it's for your own good".

On a similar theme to your lament, the fact that smokers demand fag breaks (when non-smokers don't get an equivalent) is equally unfair. Kill yourself on your own time!

Coffee all the way with me, only started it drinking it this year, if I'd done so from first year I'd be on for honours.

Weed makes you tired, caffeine wakes you up :icon_lol:

Well technically caffeine in normal amounts doesn't actually do a great deal physiologically to wake you up (it's mostly placebo), but it does tend to leave you feeling a lot worse afterwards.

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :( ).

It'd probably have been banned by this Government long ago if it wasn't so nicely taxable. :razz:

Edited by Fop

Weed makes you tired, caffeine wakes you up :(

Well technically caffeine in normal amounts doesn't actually do a great deal physiologically to wake you up (it's mostly placebo), but it does tend to leave you feeling a lot worse afterwards.

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :blush: ).

It'd probably have been banned by this Government long ago if it wasn't so nicely taxable. :razz:

Textbook. :icon_lol:

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :blush: ).

It most likely is, yet you still fall for the placebo clearly. :yes

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :yes ).

It most likely is, yet you still fall for the placebo clearly. :yes

Even if what you're saying is true, I don't give a shit, I'm awake. I have more important things to worry about than how or why this is so. Clearly you don't. :blush:

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :yes ).

It most likely is, yet you still fall for the placebo clearly. :D

Even if what you're saying is true, I don't give a shit, I'm awake. I have more important things to worry about than how or why this is so. Clearly you don't. :blush:

Well in fairness I don't actually know the effect on Hamster physiology so it is possible you could be feeling a genuine effect. :yes

You probably could have done a quick MSc on this very subject along side your MBBS in your 3rd or 4th year. :D

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :D ).

It most likely is, yet you still fall for the placebo clearly. :D

Well in fairness I don't actually know the effect on Hamster physiology so it is possible you could be feeling a genuine effect. :yes

You probably could have done a quick MSc on this very subject along side your MBBS in your 3rd or 4th year. :D

Did a doctor shag your mam as well as a copper? Or was it both at once?

I almost opted to take a year off between 3rd and 4th years to do a BSc but decided I could do without the extra year of debt and not earning. And it's MBChB, Mr know-it-all. :yes

Plus too much caffeine and/or withdrawal symptoms can give you a stinking headache (which I suppose wakes you up in a round about way :( ).

I very rarely drink coffee or coke but when I do I can never get to sleep at night. Just 1 cup/glass will do it.

I like my coffee like I don't like my men: big, black, strong and sugar-free.

As for tea, stick one "normal" teabag and one Earl Grey in a mug and brew for five minutes minimum before adding a splash of milk but no sugar. What's the deal with office tarts in this country who think that sugary, milky water with 30 seconds' worth of tea infusion in any way constitutes an acceptable drink? :razz:

I like my coffee like I don't like my men: big, black, strong and sugar-free.

As for tea, stick one "normal" teabag and one Earl Grey in a mug and brew for five minutes minimum before adding a splash of milk but no sugar. What's the deal with office tarts in this country who think that sugary, milky water with 30 seconds' worth of tea infusion in any way constitutes an acceptable drink? :razz:

I've upgraded tp the two teabags recently. One normal black tea and one "wellness" (silly German usage).

Fucking hell :blush: