Orange

LeazesMag

rang me up the other day, about my contract for freeserve/wannadoo/orange.

Now - for a few years I've been under the impression that I've been paying for a capped broadband package, but hasn't in fact been capped [which was correct when I initially installed it] ie it WAS capped but I ran it all day and was never cut off.

So I've kept my head down, and not surprisingly, put the phone down and said I was happy with what I had thank you very much.

They rang me back later.

I said to the The rasping voice [similar to the one you get when you ring Sky] "you rang me earlier". She said "I know, you put the phone down on me".

Anyway, she proceeded to tell me that I had to renew my contract for another 12 months, and started harping on about a modem/box of some sort which enables me to ring anybody on orange mobile, with unlimited broadband, and all for 19.99

I said, "I don't want a new box I'm happy with what I have and just want to stay on my current deal for 17.99 and I don't want to spend 24 quid on some gadget to make the box work when I don't want it in the first place."

She said "you don't have to install the new box if you don't want to but you will get a new speed of 8mb instead of your current 2mb, and unlimited useage anyway for 17.99 if you renew for 12 months, and carry on using your speedtouch modem but we send it to you even if you dont' want to connect it"

Sounds good to me. The PC is in a different room to the telephone point anyway.

What is this new modem/box thing which is due to arrive anyday now and should I use it ?

Edited by LeazesMag

rang me up the other day, about my contract for freeserve/wannadoo/orange.

Now - for a few years I've been under the impression that I've been paying for a capped broadband package, but hasn't in fact been capped [which was correct when I initially installed it] ie it WAS capped but I ran it all day and was never cut off.

So I've kept my head down, and not surprisingly, put the phone down and said I was happy with what I had thank you very much.

They rang me back later.

I said to the The rasping voice [similar to the one you get when you ring Sky] "you rang me earlier". She said "I know, you put the phone down on me".

Anyway, she proceeded to tell me that I had to renew my contract for another 12 months, and started harping on about a modem/box of some sort which enables me to ring anybody on orange mobile, with unlimited broadband, and all for 19.99

I said, "I don't want a new box I'm happy with what I have and just want to stay on my current deal for 17.99 and I don't want to spend 24 quid on some gadget to make the box work when I don't want it in the first place."

She said "you don't have to install the new box if you don't want to but you will get a new speed of 8mb instead of your current 2mb, and unlimited useage anyway for 17.99 if you renew for 12 months, and carry on using your speedtouch modem but we send it to you even if you dont' want to connect it"

Sounds good to me. The PC is in a different room to the telephone point anyway.

What is this new modem/box thing which is due to arrive anyday now and should I use it ?

Sell the can, the kids and the car, get into the jungle and survive.