More shite from Jimmy Greaves

Jimbo

WHEN Kevin Keegan was appointed Newcastle manager at the start of the year, his boss Mike Ashley said: “This is the man to make this club great again.”

Excuse me? Again? Because I can’t remember the first time they were ever great — and I’m pushing 70.

I hazily recall them winning the FA Cup with Jackie Milburn in 1951 when I was still a boy in short trousers. But since then? Bugger all.

This whole idea of the North-East being a so-called soccer hot-bed is a complete myth.

The combined achievements of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough don’t even begin to compare to Manchester, Merseyside or London.

So why everyone got quite so excited when Keegan returned to St James’ Park was simply beyond me.

Unlucky Allardyce

It was blindingly obvious that it was never going to work out.

Newcastle panicked when they sacked Sam Allardyce and now they are paying the consequences because things have gone from bad to worse ever since Keegan took his place at the helm.

Without a win in nine games under the man they like to call the Geordie Messiah, they have got to end that miserable run at home against Fulham today or they’ll be right in the brown stuff.

Considering that Fulham haven’t won away in the league for more than two years, Newcastle could not have picked more beatable opponents today.

Fulham have worked wonders to survive in the Premier League for so long but it looks as though their luck is about to run out.

Newcastle will probably do just about enough to stay up — even if they don’t deserve it.

But please don’t kid yourselves that things will be any better next season if Keegan is still in charge. Because they won’t.

By the way, now that Northern Rock has become a nationalised company, does that mean us taxpayers are footing the bill for the sponsors’ logo on the front of the Newcastle shirts?

If so, I’d like my money back. Now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the basis of the post but hes still a bitter drunken old cunt. As for vaguely remembering us win the FA Cup in 51, wanker, if he was such a football fan then he couldnt have got away from us during that time.

Nah its more than just fan-baiting with this cunt - as i have said in other posts greaves has always had an agenda against us and to a lesser extent sunderland and boro - what is the point of this? does he think the premiership will be a better place without us (and sunderland who attract good support) - replaced with the likes of hull or stoke? - he is a cunt of the highest order , the very worst most despicable type of cunt - a southern cunt

I hazily recall them winning the FA Cup with Jackie Milburn in 1951 when I was still a boy in short trousers. But since then? Bugger all.

Can't remember the next season then?

Or 4 seasons later. Who gives a shit what Greaves thinks anyway?

Guest Stevie

Can't remember the next season then?

Or 55. Speak to any old cunt and they'll tell you that for many, many, many years there was far more prestige in winning the FA Cup than the league, and we did it 3 times in 4 calendar years. Not only that but we should have won the double in 1951, which would've taken us to another level all together. After we beat Wolves in the semi, we had to play 13 League games in under 7 weeks. When we played the first of which against Wolves we were top of the league, but those games rendered just 10 points from a possible 26, a very reasonable 21 would've seen us win the league as well as cup. So for him to dismiss the 50s proves he's a fat recovering alky nobhead.

As I have said before you can't count Villa's trophies pre 1900, I can't anyway, they'll always be a micky mouse club to me, but before Munich and Shankly Newcastle and Arsenal were the best supported and most succesful football clubs in England.

Fat old yid wank.

By the way, now that Northern Rock has become a nationalised company, does that mean us taxpayers are footing the bill for the sponsors’ logo on the front of the Newcastle shirts?

If so, I’d like my money back. Now.

Clearly senile or just an idiot (or both)

Out of interest who exactly would have been an "acceptable" appointment at Newcastle?

As far as I can see anyone would have been the "wrong" appointment for some reason or another.

He's gone the wrong way about it but he's right about Merseyside and Manchester being better "footballing hotbeds" (whatever the fuck that means). Us and both Sunderland and Boro are historically absolutely garbage and devoid of any sustained period of honours post-war (bar 3 FA cups) to even begin to justify the respect that we wrongly think we deserve.

Won't stop cretins thinking we are the best fans EVA or thinking we should be challenging for the top four next season.

Edited by Sima

He's gone the wrong way about it but he's right about Merseyside and Manchester being better "footballing hotbeds" (whatever the fuck that means). Us and both Sunderland and Boro are historically absolutely garbage and devoid of any sustained period of honours post-war (bar 3 FA cups) to even begin to justify the respect that we wrongly think we deserve.

Won't stop cretins thinking we are the best fans EVA or thinking we should be challenging for the top four next season.

I'm not sure they are, they've just broadly been run better. And these days it's largely a self-fulfilling prophecy.

What a doyle.

Some stuff doesn't even get enough respect for a witty or well constructed retort.

So for now.

Grand Slam Super X Men Chelsea :

FA Cups : 4

Leagues : 3

Little Club North East Flat Cap Newcastle :

FA Cups : 6

Leagues : 4

Stick your grand slam up your arse you sour faced cockney c*nt!

Nasty, bitter old alcoholic.

My Dad worked at The Five Bridges during the sixties. All the away teams would stay there in those days. Kids used to hang around for hours collecting autographs, most of the players were friendly and obliging but Greaves used to push them aside with a "Fark Orf!" Massive, MASSIVE cunt.

The only other player he remembers as being an arsehole is Frank McLintock. Another piss head, who couldn't read or write.

I believe the North East is considered a hotbed of football because we have produced players such as (and this is just off the top of my head).

Jackie Milburn

The Charlton Brothers

That winger form Middlesbrough (they had a statue of him outside ayresome park I think Jimmy someoen maybe.)

Beardsley

Waddle

Gascoigne

Shearer.

I am sure there are hundreds more I have forgotten but for a relatively small area we have a higher than average ratio I am sure.

I believe the North East is considered a hotbed of football because we have produced players such as (and this is just off the top of my head).

Jackie Milburn

The Charlton Brothers

That winger form Middlesbrough (they had a statue of him outside ayresome park I think Jimmy someoen maybe.)

Beardsley

Waddle

Gascoigne

Shearer.

I am sure there are hundreds more I have forgotten but for a relatively small area we have a higher than average ratio I am sure.

Brian Clough, probably a better goal record than any of the above.