More shite from Jimmy Greaves

Jimbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
He's gone the wrong way about it but he's right about Merseyside and Manchester being better "footballing hotbeds" (whatever the fuck that means). Us and both Sunderland and Boro are historically absolutely garbage and devoid of any sustained period of honours post-war (bar 3 FA cups) to even begin to justify the respect that we wrongly think we deserve.

Won't stop cretins thinking we are the best fans EVA or thinking we should be challenging for the top four next season.

With nearly 10% of all domestic trophies in English football history between Newcastle and Sunderland (no one counts the League Cup) from a population which comprises no more than 3% of the population, my conclusion is you're definitely the biggest cock I've ever seen on an internet message board. The fact you mention Middlesbrough in any bracket with Newcastle, geographically and historically suggests to me if everyone south of the tyne was like you, maybe Saddam should've tried his nerve gas on you and not the Kurds.

He's gone the wrong way about it but he's right about Merseyside and Manchester being better "footballing hotbeds" (whatever the fuck that means). Us and both Sunderland and Boro are historically absolutely garbage and devoid of any sustained period of honours post-war (bar 3 FA cups) to even begin to justify the respect that we wrongly think we deserve.

Won't stop cretins thinking we are the best fans EVA or thinking we should be challenging for the top four next season.

With nearly 10% of all domestic trophies in English football history between Newcastle and Sunderland (no one counts the League Cup) from a population which comprises no more than 3% of the population, my conclusion is you're definitely the biggest cock I've ever seen on an internet message board. The fact you mention Middlesbrough in any bracket with Newcastle, geographically and historically suggests to me if everyone south of the tyne was like you, maybe Saddam should've tried his nerve gas on you and not the Kurds.

There's black and white tinted specs, and then there's Stevie. The mackems' titles were all before the war and our FA cup successes were fifty years ago. Other than the mackems winning the cup in the seventies the North East has won fuck all since then.Unless you count Boro winning the League Cup a few years ago, which I don't think you will somehow. :razz:

Compare that to what Liverpool and Man United have won between them over the last decade (or even the last five years) and then tell me the north east is a footballing hotbed.

We still finished 2nd in the premier league twice we used to be champions league regulars Tottenham haven't ever come close to that success in the premier league, so from that aspect we were 'great', London has a population of around 12 million I'd say that the North east has a better ratio for talented players to population than London so again from that aspect we could be called a hotbed, no one questioned whether the North west was also a hotbed which I think it is as well. As for the Allardyce wank I'm happier under Keegan I never wanted Allardyce from the start the fat arrogant boring arsehole, also I'm pretty sure all if not most of the Northern rock money has been paid up already so just crawl back into the bottle you cunt.

What percentage of domestic trophies have went to Man Utd and Liverpool and what percentage of the UK is their population?

Why not count the League Cup btw? Because it will make your figures look worse?

Edited by Sima

What percentage of domestic trophies have went to Man Utd and Liverpool and what percentage of the UK is their population?

Man U doesn't really count (I know your a true red, but it's true), they've had worldwide economic clout long before world long before such a thing really existed in football.

Liverpool are a better example, although how they were owned and ran at the time gave them a pretty decent advantage...... which is probably one of the biggest differences with clubs like Newcastle.

Man U doesn't really count (I know your a true red, but it's true), they've had worldwide economic clout long before world long before such a thing really existed in football.

True but their success (especially in the early-mid nineties) came from players through their youth set up - Nevilles, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc, not from their financial clout.

I have to say I largely agree with him, except where he says you deserve to go down. I don`t think you will or deserve too.

And I agree with you too. It is absolutely spot on, the only people that think the club deserve more are the fans. I'm saying this as a Newcastle fan too. The reason why the papers write such negative things about the club? Because all the fans, and the club themselves, talk themselves up so much to the point that it's ridiculous. At least the Mancs or the Scousers can back their shit-talking up with results. I can't read nufc.com anymore because of it.

I have to say I largely agree with him, except where he says you deserve to go down. I don`t think you will or deserve too.

And I agree with you too. It is absolutely spot on, the only people that think the club deserve more are the fans. I'm saying this as a Newcastle fan too. The reason why the papers write such negative things about the club? Because all the fans, and the club themselves, talk themselves up so much to the point that it's ridiculous. At least the Mancs or the Scousers can back their shit-talking up with results. I can't read nufc.com anymore because of it.

:razz:

True but their success (especially in the early-mid nineties) came from players through their youth set up - Nevilles, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc, not from their financial clout.

Aye, and they were/are well run in that sense, but still it was their economic position allowed them to have that youth set up and the structures that supported it.

"We're going to win the league" is silly.

"We can maybe manage 6-9th next season" is still hopeful, but not utterly unrealistic.

It's still really the media that does it, harking to "the entertainers" with any resurgence only come out with 1,000,000 "we told you so" (when they actually didn't) stories when things go wrong.

There's absolutely no reason we can't get Robson-esq finishes (and I mean his better one not his initial one) with a good board/owner, a decent manager and above all a few seasons of stability with both of the above.

Without the dream then what is the point? - are we not allowed to voice our hopes and enthusiasm and revel in the fleeting glories with a song and a chant or should we only wallow in the disappointments and hard luck stories that are more commonplace.

In other words its about support - yes it may be over the top and blinkered and bigoted and even delusional, but to deride and scorn that emotion removes the whole reason for footballs existence

Just reading the match reports I'm struck by the laziness.....

their messiah can still skip across the odd patch of water after all: 10 matches into his reign, timing the resurrection nicely for Easter,

There is no better time than Easter for a messiah to achieve the miraculous, and Kevin Keegan duly supervised his first win in 10 attempts in the league since returning to Newcastle.

Newcastle winning their first match under Keegan at the 10th attempt, finally, at Easter, the Messiah came good, as Messiahs are supposed to

their messiah can still skip across the odd patch of water after all: 10 matches into his reign, timing the resurrection nicely for Easter,

There is no better time than Easter for a messiah to achieve the miraculous, and Kevin Keegan duly supervised his first win in 10 attempts in the league since returning to Newcastle.

Newcastle winning their first match under Keegan at the 10th attempt, finally, at Easter, the Messiah came good, as Messiahs are supposed to

I'm fairly sure all sports journalists are all ageing prior gaming journalists, who are all failed music journalists.

Liverpool are a better example, although how they were owned and ran at the time gave them a pretty decent advantage...... which is probably one of the biggest differences with clubs like Newcastle.

Bringing other factors such as money as a diversion to the debate is stupid seen as we spent more than Man Utd in the 90s with nothing to show for it.

Edited by Sima

Lineker dusted off the ol' "naughty boy" gag last night, feels like that joke predates christianity ffs.

Bringing other factors such as money as a diversion to the debate is stupid seen as we spent more than Man Utd in the 90s with nothing to show for it.

That's where stability and not having a scrapyard dealer for a chairman come into it (and luck frankly, if we'd got Robson post-Keegan etc.).

However without the financial clout most anything else is only going to have you making up ground, this has been proven beyond doubt in recent seasons in the Premiership, although equally it's been just as much proven that stupid owners can undermine all that as well.

Guest Stevie

Tyne and Wear (Newcastle and Sunderland) 18 domestic trophies - population 1.1m

percentage of all trophies won 8.53% - percentage of England population - 2.1% - ratio 0.24

Gtr Manchester (Man City, Bolton, Man Utd, Bury) 39 domestic trophies - population - 3m

18.48% - 5.9% - ratio 0.32

Merseyside (Liverpool, Everton) 39 domestic trophies - population 2m

18.48% - 3.9% - ratio 0.21

West Midlands (WBA, Wolves, Villa) 27 domestic trophies (more than half in the 19th century) - population 2.8m

12.79% - 5.5% - ratio 0.43

Yorkshire (Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Huddersfield, Barnsley) - 22 domestic trophies - population 4.2m

10.42% - 8.2% ratio - 0.78

London (West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Wimbledon, Charlton) - 47 domestic trophies - population 8m

22.27% - 15.7% ratio - 0.70

105 seasons in both domestic cups since 1888 which means 211 trophies to play for as the FA Cup was held in 1946 but not the league.

My figure prove Newcastle and Sunderland have gained a dsiproportionate amount of silverware for the size of the area, and we're only marginally behind the most succesful area in real terms over the history of English football.

1 Merseyside

2 Tyne and Wear

3 Greater Manchester

4 London

5 West Midlands

6 Yorkshire

Wow stats can really prove anything if you try hard enough, can't they?

Can't remember saying Greater Manchester btw, but feel free to change it to skew the results though.

Edited by Sima

When do Newcastle fans ever actually think they're going to win anything like? Sorry Steve but you're talking shite imo.

I agree. The fact that most football followers would agree that it's extremely surprising that a club of Newcastle United's stature hasn't won anything since 1955/1969 points to the fact that we should have won something in the intervening period. Therefore it's not 'just NUFC fans who reckon we 'deserve' more'.

Wow stats can really prove anything if you try hard enough, can't they?

Can't remember saying Greater Manchester btw, but feel free to change it to skew the results though.

Greater Manchester stretches all the way to Scotland apparently (and Korea), so really the stats are even worse than that. :razz:

The reason why the papers write such negative things about the club? Because all the fans, and the club themselves, talk themselves up so much to the point that it's ridiculous. At least the Mancs or the Scousers can back their shit-talking up with results. I can't read nufc.com anymore because of it.

I disagree, fair enough we have our mongs who run around thinking we're going to win the league etc but the majority of the fans are entirely realistic with their aims at the start of the season when we predicted 6th-9th spot even the papers backed us in in these predictions now they're ridiculing them as delusional. A lot of Man Utd fans aren't even from Manchester so imo can't really comment on football, the actual Manc fans can and I do agree they can back up their predictions however Liverpool fans talk a load of shite and never shut up about how they should be winning the league despite only ever coming 2nd once in the premiership, they're delusional man.

Guest Stevie
The sooner this old scrotes liver calls it a day we'll all be better off. His patter stinks like I would imagine his breath too.....pure faeces

am fuckin younger than yee!