More shite from Jimmy Greaves

Jimbo

He's gone the wrong way about it but he's right about Merseyside and Manchester being better "footballing hotbeds" (whatever the fuck that means). Us and both Sunderland and Boro are historically absolutely garbage and devoid of any sustained period of honours post-war (bar 3 FA cups) to even begin to justify the respect that we wrongly think we deserve.

Won't stop cretins thinking we are the best fans EVA or thinking we should be challenging for the top four next season.

With nearly 10% of all domestic trophies in English football history between Newcastle and Sunderland (no one counts the League Cup) from a population which comprises no more than 3% of the population, my conclusion is you're definitely the biggest cock I've ever seen on an internet message board. The fact you mention Middlesbrough in any bracket with Newcastle, geographically and historically suggests to me if everyone south of the tyne was like you, maybe Saddam should've tried his nerve gas on you and not the Kurds.

:lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hazily recall them winning the FA Cup with Jackie Milburn in 1951 when I was still a boy in short trousers. But since then? Bugger all.

Can't remember the next season then?

Or 55. Speak to any old cunt and they'll tell you that for many, many, many years there was far more prestige in winning the FA Cup than the league, and we did it 3 times in 4 calendar years. Not only that but we should have won the double in 1951, which would've taken us to another level all together. After we beat Wolves in the semi, we had to play 13 League games in under 7 weeks. When we played the first of which against Wolves we were top of the league, but those games rendered just 10 points from a possible 26, a very reasonable 21 would've seen us win the league as well as cup. So for him to dismiss the 50s proves he's a fat recovering alky nobhead.

As I have said before you can't count Villa's trophies pre 1900, I can't anyway, they'll always be a micky mouse club to me, but before Munich and Shankly Newcastle and Arsenal were the best supported and most succesful football clubs in England.

Fat old yid wank.

correct.

he should bugger off and share a bottle of whisky with his mate St John

[quote name='Stevie' date='Mar 23 2008, 12:05 PM'

1 Merseyside

2 Tyne and Wear

3 Greater Manchester

4 London

5 West Midlands

6 Yorkshire

City of Liverpool = 38 major domestic trophies

City of Manchester = 33 major domestic trophies

City of Newcastle = 10 major deomestic trophies

Including European and League Cup

City of London = 59

City of Liverpool = 55

City of Manchester = 41

City of Newcastle = 11

Ain't stats wonderful?

Edited by Redshadow

Guest Stevie

[/quote name=Redshadow' post='450366' date='Mar 25 2008, 07:51 AM]City of London = 59

City of Liverpool = 55

City of Manchester = 41

City of Newcastle = 11

Ain't stats wonderful?

The City of London? Didn't realise they had teams. Cannon Street United? Bishopsgate Rovers?

Edited by Stevie