Mascherano

wykikitoon

Sending off?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

definetly not a yellow card, yes he didnt need to go over but you cant get booked for saying whats happening?

the worlds gone mad

I dont think it was just that.

He looked really pissed "Whats that for" and its a load of abuse to Bennett for a long time. Get off the pitch tbh.

definetly not a yellow card, yes he didnt need to go over but you cant get booked for saying whats happening?

the worlds gone mad

Dissent is a yellow card offence. About time more players were booked for it imo.

the worlds gone mad

Dissent is a yellow card offence. About time more players were booked for it imo.

hows saying "whats happening?" dissent?

Surely dissent is saying "fuck off ref that was a booking" etc..

the worlds gone mad

You believe that's all he was saying? Anyway, dissent is disagreeing with the decision of the ref. It's fairly obvious he was doing that in an agressive manner. And he'd been at the ref for practically the whole match. And he'd already been booked. You could tell even some of his team mates thought he was being as idiot. Personally I think players screaming at refs every time a decision goes against them is something that blights the modern game. And I realise people get passionate when they play and lose their temper etc. Just like every other walk of life that behaviour has (or at least should have) its consequences.

I was in London at the weekend and was treated to an argument between some cockney Man United fans and cockney Liverpool fans having an argument about this on the tube. All gangsta and blinged up to the eyeballs. :lol:

"Nah bruv, dat weren't even right, all he done was axe him 'what's happenin' ref'. Dat ain't even right."

"Oh sha' ap man. Da ref was so right to send 'im off. And we won free niw anyway so I don't even know what's your problem bruv."

I was in London at the weekend and was treated to an argument between some cockney Man United fans and cockney Liverpool fans having an argument about this on the tube. All gangsta and blinged up to the eyeballs. :lol:

"Nah bruv, dat weren't even right, all he done was axe him 'what's happenin' ref'. Dat ain't even right."

"Oh sha' ap man. Da ref was so right to send 'im off. And we won free niw anyway so I don't even know what's your problem bruv."

Westside :icon_lol:

Fair play to Jamie Redknapp for standing up to that bold knob-gobbler Andy Gray as well. "Shall we take all the passion out the game too Jamie?" No Andy, how about we ask adults to behave like adults, you fucking slaphead.

Saw Jim Rosenthal, Cherie Lunghi and the mackem bitch out of Hope (X-Factor finalists) at Kings Cross yesterday too. CELEBRITY HAT-TRICK!!111

Fair play to Jamie Redknapp for standing up to that bold knob-gobbler Andy Gray as well. "Shall we take all the passion out the game too Jamie?" No Andy, how about we ask adults to behave like adults, you fucking slaphead.

Saw Jim Rosenthal, Cherie Lunghi and the mackem bitch out of Hope (X-Factor finalists) at Kings Cross yesterday too. CELEBRITY HAT-TRICK!!111

Still rideable?

the worlds gone mad

You believe that's all he was saying? Anyway, dissent is disagreeing with the decision of the ref. It's fairly obvious he was doing that in an agressive manner. And he'd been at the ref for practically the whole match. And he'd already been booked. You could tell even some of his team mates thought he was being as idiot. Personally I think players screaming at refs every time a decision goes against them is something that blights the modern game. And I realise people get passionate when they play and lose their temper etc. Just like every other walk of life that behaviour has (or at least should have) its consequences.

Amen....

I don't disagree that it was a booking going by the letter of the law. We all just know that the letter of the law doesn't get applied 95% of the time and, like the increase in the Middlesborough player's ban following the appeal of his sending off, this will become an isolated incident rather than the norm meaning that incidents such as these as seen as biased against one team rather than the norm....

THAT is where the real problem lies....

Still rideable?

Time hasn't been great to her tbf, but yes. :lol:

Redknapp is alright tbf and he was spot on sticking it up Gray. On the subject of celeb spotting I saw Redknapp and monkey hands in the bar half way up my building a couple of weeks back (the Sky lot stay in the hotel when there's a game on). Keys was dancing about with some right old boiler. Not wor lass before anyone cracks on.

Me Brother: "That ref is racist he would have never sent Rooney or Ferdinand of for doing that, its an absolute disgrace he should be banned"

Edited by bawan

the worlds gone mad

If anyone is in doubt as to whether it was a polite, "what was that for?" watch the incident again. Alonso is standing over the free kick waiting to take it and as Mascherano walks past him towards the ref he grabs him by the arm to stop him.

Mascherano shrugs him off, turns and says something to him and continues towards Bennett.

The ref warned him numerous times.

It should be EXACTLY the same as rugby. You so much as dispute the decision, 10 metres. Again, another ten. Then, see you.

There'll probably be a clampdown for about a fortnight then it'll go back to being exactly as it was before.

Correct. Sad, but true. It`s just a fad.

Like I said in another thread, Mascherano was on a booking, the ref had just booked somebody else for dissent and there's been a big fuss in the papers about players not showing enough respect.

Practically begging to be sent off.

I think the funniest part about the whole incident was Alex Ferguson pitching in with his holier than thou comments about dissent. The biggest bunch of ref-baiting bastards in my time watching football have been Man U, which is why this whole debate is laughable, being mostly phone-in fuelled media drivel.

I'm with Andy Gray on this one, at least he isn't being a hypocrite.

I think the funniest part about the whole incident was Alex Ferguson pitching in with his holier than thou comments about dissent. The biggest bunch of ref-baiting bastards in my time watching football have been Man U

How long ago was the "D'Urso incident"? At least 5-6 years, and it's still the textbook example of official intimidation. Plus Rooney's language towards referees (although he's improved this of late) used to be absolutely diabolical.

I think the funniest part about the whole incident was Alex Ferguson pitching in with his holier than thou comments about dissent. The biggest bunch of ref-baiting bastards in my time watching football have been Man U, which is why this whole debate is laughable, being mostly phone-in fuelled media drivel.

I'm with Andy Gray on this one, at least he isn't being a hypocrite.

I think Bender would make a superb referee, if we can coax him out of retirement that is.