The Mighty Wyn

LeazesMag

meeting him on Saturday ....

doesn't get much better than this

Meeting Tony Green perhaps?

he does the pools panel, so Saturdays isn't the best day during the football season for him. We met Tony Green once before [just before I joined] but he are meeting him again. Suppose there is a chance he may get across but the lad who organises this hasnt' said owt.

When I was a kid we used to play football at Kenton bank Foot, and Tony Green used to walk his boxer dog. Once when the ball went out near him, I went to get it, he kicked it back at me and said "go on Steve".

Also got him to autograph my book "Cult Heroes", with Malcolm MacDonald and the author Dylan Younger and shook his hand too.

There is a chance that John McNamee may come down to see us again, we met him last October, but we aren't sure yet.

Wyn Davies will be great. Got some things for him to sign. 1969 Fairs Cup souvenir magazine, black and white top, programme from his derby game against the mackems which was my 12th birthday and we lost 3-0 ........

Guest Stevie

he does the pools panel, so Saturdays isn't the best day during the football season for him. We met Tony Green once before [just before I joined] but he are meeting him again. Suppose there is a chance he may get across but the lad who organises this hasnt' said owt.

When I was a kid we used to play football at Kenton bank Foot, and Tony Green used to walk his boxer dog. Once when the ball went out near him, I went to get it, he kicked it back at me and said "go on Steve".

Also got him to autograph my book "Cult Heroes", with Malcolm MacDonald and the author Dylan Younger and shook his hand too.

There is a chance that John McNamee may come down to see us again, we met him last October, but we aren't sure yet.

Wyn Davies will be great. Got some things for him to sign. 1969 Fairs Cup souvenir magazine, black and white top, programme from his derby game against the mackems which was my 12th birthday and we lost 3-0 ........

How did he know your name?

It's funny that, Billy Askew used to live 100 yards from me, and I remember when we seen him when we were playin football, 2 hours after his debut against Brighton, we clocked him, one of my mates goes "you werent very good today Billy", then I abused his mackem accent. How respect for elders has been eroded through the years eh?

He never had a boxer though he had a staffy, that;s what he was walking.

Edited by Stevie

It's funny that, Billy Askew used to live 100 yards from me, and I remember when we seen him when we were playin football, 2 hours after his debut against Brighton, we clocked him, one of my mates goes "you werent very good today Billy", then I abused his mackem accent. How respect for elders has been eroded through the years eh?

He never had a boxer though he had a staffy, that;s what he was walking.

just listened to the other lads calling me Steve, Stevie !!!

Sure he had a boxer, but unlike Fat Fred I know fuckall about dogs :lol:

He never had any boxers on though and he had a stiffy/that;s just the way he was walking.

FYP