Tottenham Hotspur 1- 4 Newcastle Utd

Happy Face

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the coppers move this tie?

There's a bunch of Smogs in town on the same day now.

odd.

They playing it an hour early? Or should the title not be referring to GMT? :nufc:

Why did the coppers move this tie?

There's a bunch of Smogs in town on the same day now.

odd.

It would be incompetence of epic stature if they moved it because of the smogs, not realising:

1. A chelsea match is quite likely to be skyed up.

2. The match at Wembley.

(4-2 to Spurs)

I think Spurs are playing too well at home at the moment, they create chance after chance and have possibly the best partnership in the league up-front. However, we have to remember our players have been training this week with the confidence of a win, which hasn't happened for so long. So we don't know whazt version of us is going to turn up. I'm hoping Martins can carry on his streak, he's scored in every game against Spurs since he joined us.

I think Spurs are playing too well at home at the moment, they create chance after chance and have possibly the best partnership in the league up-front. However, we have to remember our players have been training this week with the confidence of a win, which hasn't happened for so long. So we don't know whazt version of us is going to turn up. I'm hoping Martins can carry on his streak, he's scored in every game against Spurs since he joined us.

Not even close to Rooney and Ronaldo tbh.

Would you class Rooney and Ronaldo as a strike-partnership? Ronaldo has played the odd game up-front, but he's a winger. I'd say Man Utd's partnership is Rooney and Tevez if they were to put out their best team.

Would you class Rooney and Ronaldo as a strike-partnership? Ronaldo has played the odd game up-front, but he's a winger. I'd say Man Utd's partnership is Rooney and Tevez if they were to put out their best team.

Doesn't play as a winger for ManU anymore he plays as a withdrawn roaming forward.

Ah come on lads, Giggs was on the left yesterday with Ronaldo on the right. Of course he pops up behind the strike force throughout the game, but that's because the boy's a freak of nature, plus it makes it doubly difficult for the full-backs to follow him in-field.

Ah come on lads, Giggs was on the left yesterday with Ronaldo on the right. Of course he pops up behind the strike force throughout the game, but that's because the boy's a freak of nature, plus it makes it doubly difficult for the full-backs to follow him in-field.

He doesn't predominantly run down the right and cross the ball. So his 'role' isn't as a winger. It don't matter where he picks the ball up.

He doesn't predominantly run down the right and cross the ball. So his 'role' isn't as a winger. It don't matter where he picks the ball up.

I'd say he has a free role really. Although he starts off on the wing so I know where Adam is coming from, you're both right really.

Either way, back to the original point, Keane and Berbatov are one of the top partnerships in the league so we'll have our hands full today. I remember when Bellamy and Shearer were in a similar vein of form, here's hoping our men up top can be as potent today.

TEAMS

THFC: Paul Robinbson, Alan Hutton, Jamie O'Hara, Michael Dawson, Jonathan Woodgate, Darren Bent, Tom Huddlestone, Didier Zokora, Steed Malbranque, Robbie Keane ©, Dimitar Berbatov

Subs: Radek Cerny, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Adel Taarabt, Aaron Lennon

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Abdoulaye Faye, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Geremi, Oba Martins, Michael Owen ©, Mark Viduka

Subs: Fraser Forster, Alan Smith, David Edgar, Damien Duff, Andy Carroll

TEAMS

THFC: Paul Robinbson, Alan Hutton, Jamie O'Hara, Michael Dawson, Jonathan Woodgate, Darren Bent, Tom Huddlestone, Didier Zokora, Steed Malbranque, Robbie Keane ©, Dimitar Berbatov

Subs: Radek Cerny, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Adel Taarabt, Aaron Lennon

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Abdoulaye Faye, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Geremi, Oba Martins, Michael Owen ©, Mark Viduka

Subs: Fraser Forster, Alan Smith, David Edgar, Damien Duff, Andy Carroll

Looks like they're trying O'Hara at left back which is good news. :nufc:

1444: Team news from White Hart Lane: Tottenham make just one change, bringing in Jamie O'Hara for Aaron Lennon. Newcastle are unchanged from the team that beat Fulham last time out - which was their first win since Kevin Keegan returned as manager.

1444: Team news from White Hart Lane: Tottenham make just one change, bringing in Jamie O'Hara for Aaron Lennon. Newcastle are unchanged from the team that beat Fulham last time out - which was their first win since Kevin Keegan returned as manager.

And Bent is in too.