Souness Has A Pop At Toon Fans

Tooj

I think he's right mind about the 22,000 bit.

Aye :) even if the figure might be a bit off.

Agree, the figure may be different but that point had some truth in it. Everything else was the typical bitter load of shite you'd expect from a sad, clueless fucker like him. He just makes some of it up as he goes along.

Aye, I'll accept that, but I think the ratio of fans to supporters is farrrrrrrrrr lower than at some clubs.

But would you prefer to see a stadium filled like Middlesbrough or Chelsea.

He should absolutely love this club, the way we inexplicably bought him out of a pittance Blackburn contract (which would probably have been terminated anyway due to horrific football and results) and then proceded to put him on an absolute kings ransom (which was then paid in a lump sum because it was terminated due to horrific football and results).

The club has been run like a joke for years and this much will have been obvious to him, but as for blaming the fans...get a fucking grip!

why do sky keep on employing souness as a pundit? he has zero credibility given his recent managerial efforts. him and strachan were embarrasing last night bickering over the pros and cons of zonal marking

• 9 years later...

He's got a book coming out, interesting interview in the mail today..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5002144/Graeme-Souness-won-t-football.html

With hindsight, he was never cut out for another club after he took ill at Liverpool. The game was changing at that point and being the person he was he was never cut out for premier league man management. To me a lot in this interview hints at that.  Huge respect for him as a player, only a yard of pace short of being world class. One of my old mans favourites, "Souness was as good as Dave Mckay"; he still bangs on about him now, 82 years old, still furious at Souness's treatment at the World Cup in Argentina in 1978 :D 

Souness lives here in Poole now, and a couple of friends have met him socially and can't speak highly enough of him, a very nice guy by all accounts. All apart from the teacher he left in an agonising crumpled heap at his kids schools annual "staff v parents" game....apparently the ex Scotland captain took exception to being nutmegged, he was heard to utter " you don't nurmegg someone with three European cup winners medals pal " :lol: 

'You couldn't do that today. Players want to be guided through it all. I was at Blackburn and we drew a Turkish team, Genclerbirligi, in the UEFA Cup. We went over there and lost 3-1. 

'Came back and drew 1-1. We should have won by 10 but it was one of those nights, nothing would go in, and we went out.

'Afterwards, Dwight Yorke said to me that we didn't prepare properly. "At Manchester United we would have had pen pictures, watched videos, seen their strengths and weaknesses". I said to him, "Dwight, this is Genclerbirligi. Surely you can beat them without all that preparation?"

'We'd had them watched, we knew what they were about. I just didn't think we needed to build them into a big thing, to go into every last detail.'

Probably why you lost you fucking moron :lol: 

Souness is critical of the way the club recruited players when he was there. “I’d watch a game at night, come in and have my breakfast with my staff at the training ground and I would say a throwaway line like, ‘Did you see the game last night, such and such played really well.’ That was all I said, but on three or four occasions Kenny Shepherd would come back to me and say, ‘We’ve spoken to his agent, he’d love to join us.’

“I’d only said he’d had a good game, not that I wanted him or thought that he would fit in. That’s how Newcastle was run so what chance had you got?”

What chance have you got with a club looking to buy players that you like?

“There’s almost an argument for them staying in the Championship, when they are winning games there and everyone is happy. Time and time again the supporters there have had their hopes built up and it has ended in failure and disappointment for them. You have to be winning games there. If you’re not you are only two away from a full-on crisis.”

One of the most irrelevant people in football today, he's a bitter wanker that can't move on from the utter failure he was here. He dismantled a team on the verge of greatness, absolutely nothing to do with the fans. The distinct lack of any other management afterwards tells you everything you need to know.

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

One of the most irrelevant people in football today, he's a bitter wanker that can't move on from the utter failure he was here. He dismantled a team on the verge of greatness, absolutely nothing to do with the fans. The distinct lack of any other management afterwards tells you everything you need to know.

he had previous history of dismantling great teams. what a strange appointment he was at the time. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It wasn't strange though. It was typical Shepherd thinking. The only problem we had was indiscipline so bring in a disciplinarian. Completely ignoring everything else.

Aye, that was definitely the rationale behind it.