Souness Has A Pop At Toon Fans

Tooj

1 hour ago, 247 said:

He signed Owen, Luque and Boumsong :lol:

I remember thinking Luque looked awesome for Spain then he put on a Newcastle shirt and transformed into a donkey 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Some peope have very short memories.  Boumsong had a hell of a lot going on off the field and was commuting to France every week.  Labelling him an epic flop isn't really fair.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/2357874/souey-lay-off-boumsong

I never knew or i forgot that he had those personal problems. 

But a flop he was for sure, never worth £9 million, the whole deal looked like a fiddle, especially as Rangers got him for next to nowt 

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

What chance have you got with a club looking to buy players that you like?

Absolutely oblivious to the fact that he made the same mistake twice more.

1 hour ago, 247 said:

He signed Owen, Luque and Boumsong :lol:

I remember so happy when we signed Owen, I can't blame Souness for that.

I've never been so wrong in my life, I've never hated a Newcastle player past or present more than M.Fucking Owen.

He makes Graham Oates look like a saint.

Bellamy was and still is a proper obnoxious bloke, but you're right he did produce.

The 3-2 win at Feyenoord and his two goals are in my all time fucking class NUFC moments

Owen took the piss.  

Graham Oates or M. Owen ?

M. Owen, hate him the most

32 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

The 3-2 win at Feyenoord and his two goals are in my all time fucking class NUFC moments

Same here, though I only remember the second goal.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

boumsong and bramble was a proper laurel and hardy centre back partnership.

They started off pretty well but I think that was purely down to Bramble having one of his purple patches. He was playing that well that Boumsong was able to coast along. Actually Boumsong also had a couple of good games marking Henry. Nee good if you can't handle the physical presence of your average PL target man though. 

Souness mainly seems to bang on about what he wasn't responsible for. So what did he actually do?

When you take away transfers, team prep and match prep/tactics, what's left? Dancing & vibes?

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Some peope have very short memories.  Boumsong had a hell of a lot going on off the field and was commuting to France every week.  Labelling him an epic flop isn't really fair.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/2357874/souey-lay-off-boumsong

Why isn't it fair? He was bought for big money and was shite. Seems like a fair definition of a flop to me.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

They started off pretty well but I think that was purely down to Bramble having one of his purple patches. He was playing that well that Boumsong was able to coast along. Actually Boumsong also had a couple of good games marking Henry. Nee good if you can't handle the physical presence of your average PL target man though. 

Bramble was a funny one. He seemingly had all the attributes: quick, strong, could ping a long raking pass.

But his decision making, fuck me. I think it was largely down to him being thick as pig shit. Proper knuckles dragging on the floor/brain hurts sort of player.

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I remember thinking Luque looked awesome for Spain then he put on a Newcastle shirt and transformed into a donkey 

I can remember that overhead kick he scored for Deportivo, the lad had massive potential. He scored at the Stadium of Shite but that doesn't make up for how poor he was the rest of the time.

Edit:

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Souness played a huge part in Newcastle becoming a relic of the club we should be. I was delighted when he was shown the door. The only time I didn't show any emotion at a Newcastle goal, was when Lee Clark put a last minute equaliser against Boro giving that twat another week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McFaul said:

Souness played a huge part in Newcastle becoming a relic of the club we should be. I was delighted when he was shown the door. The only time I didn't show any emotion at a Newcastle goal, was when Lee Clark put a last minute equaliser against Boro giving that twat another week.

Utterly useless and destructive manager. As everyone except Shepherd expected.

What he's talking about this passage in the Souness/Samuel interview:

'Everything is statistics-based these days,' he says. 'I was doing a Brighton game recently and we had figures on Pascal Gross, the German guy who plays in midfield. 

'The statistic was he had created 95 chances for Ingolstadt last season, the most in the Bundesliga. And four assists. How the f*** is that possible?

'I hear fans talking. How did we not win today, we had 64 per cent possession? Yes, but 44 per cent of it was in your own half. They're all kidding. 

'Expected goals. High press and a low press. What the f***'s a low press? A couple of years back we had figures on who had completed the highest rate of passes of any Premier League player. 

'It turned out to be Per Mertesacker. Five yards this way, five yards that way. So what?

Edited by rogerbarton

Hates stats based judgement, hates the idea of signing players who he sees and rates himself based on his gut feeling, hates scouting the opposition.

Who are you supposed to sign if he's your manager? What the hell are you supposed to do if you play for him? No wonder he was shit.