Barton

bawan

After two decent performances I am having second thoughts about Barton. Thought hes been shit since he joined us but he played great against Fulham imo and he put in another good performance today.

After two decent performances I am having second thoughts about Barton. Thought hes been shit since he joined us but he played great against Fulham imo and he put in another good performance today.

TBF he's had a lot on his mind. He's beginning to put it together imo.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.....

Nah seriously he's been impressive in the last two matches, long may it continue.

Although I am pleased with his current performances, I am reserving the right to turn on him at any point of which I desire.

Me too. 2 good performances is not enough. However, if he continues to play like he did against Spurs, then great. We have a tidy player on our hands.

The jury's still out on Barton and Smith has been poor even when played up top but at the very least they're worth having in the squad next season imo.

The jury's still out on Barton and Smith has been poor even when played up top but at the very least they're worth having in the squad next season imo.

If I was KK i'd be straight on the phone to Southgate. He'd take Smith off us.

:)

I wish I could say that was intentional :blink:

I'd get rid of Smith but he has that 'battling' quality that managers (especially of the older school, like Keegan) seem to love.

worst buy for us ever imo. done nothing except get cards and foul people.

not a square peg in a round hole, more like a dodecahedron in another dimension.

not a square peg in a round hole, more like a dodecahedron in another dimension.

That is some claim

Boumsong, Luque, Guivarc'h?

That is some claim

Boumsong, Luque, Guivarc'h?

To be fair, Smith is up there with the worst of them for me. The other flops you mention were older players from abroad - these players tend to struggle to adapt, and you take a risk with them. Smith, however, was a proven PL player, he came with a big reputation, he was a regular in the England squad (God knows why) and he cost £6m. He's played close to 30 games and contributed absolutely nothing and from the moment he was out of the team, we started playing better again - now to suggest that's purely down to Smith being dropped would be ridiculous, but it certainly helped and should have been done earlier. Unfortunately, Viduka couldn't be arsed up until a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure Smith is Keegan's type of player at all, and the things he's said about Owen, Martins and Viduka seem to underline that ("we now have players who are actually a goal threat" etc.). I hope he will be sold at the end of the season when we should still get a reasonable price for him.

:)

I wish I could say that was intentional :)

:blink::)

There's no way Smith (who has been shite) is as bad a buy as Luque or Boumsong were.

It's really difficult to dislike Alan Smith, as what sets him apart from the aforementioned Luque and Boumsong is workrate. But a striker who simply doesn't score goals is unsustainable.

It's really difficult to dislike Alan Smith, as what sets him apart from the aforementioned Luque and Boumsong is workrate. But a striker who simply doesn't score goals is unsustainable.

We should play him in midfield then :)

There's no way Smith (who has been shite) is as bad a buy as Luque or Boumsong were.

It's not that difficult at all, believe me. :)

Edited by Bombadil