Bellamy - fairs fair

Rob W

I was (and still am) definitely one of the "Bellamy must go" crowd

but I thought he gave the ManU defence a torrid time yesterday watching MotD - they really had no idea of how to counter him - popping up all over the place

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was (and still am) definitely one of the "Bellamy must go"  crowd

but I thought he gave the ManU defence a torrid time yesterday watching MotD - they really had no idea of how to counter him - popping up all over the place

38552[/snapback]

"Must sell" best players.

Mad. Straight from the Lord Westwood and Stan Seymour school of how to run a football club.

He always will trouble even the very best defences because he has pace and intelligent movement combined with giving everything whenever he plays.

He's also vastly improved his finishing from when he started his NUFC career, particularly one on ones.

If people don't like the bloke and want him out thats one thing, to deny how good he is, how much defenders hate playing him and the effect he has on teams he plays for would be wrong.

Without team spirit, you have no chance. If he was contributing to unrest I don't care how good he may be.

Pro footballers these days need the whole package.

Ability, workrate and attitude.

2 out of 3 won't do anymore.

I'm glad Souness had the guts to do a necessary job.

Leazes Mag, do you have any experience of running a business? You sound like an armchair expert but maybe you have good reason to?

Souness should be grateful Hughes didn't utilise Bellamy properly against us last Sunday. It would have been a blood bath, but instead he completely fucked up his tactics (makes a change from Souness!).

AF, have you any evidence that Bellamy was a disruptive influence in the dressing room, independent from what Souness or his cronies have said? Funny how both Dyer and Bowyer are still here, isn't it?

Souness should be grateful Hughes didn't utilise Bellamy properly against us last Sunday. It would have been a blood bath, but instead he completely fucked up his tactics (makes a change from Souness!).

AF, have you any evidence that Bellamy was a disruptive influence in the dressing room, independent from what Souness or his cronies have said? Funny how both Dyer and Bowyer are still here, isn't it?

38578[/snapback]

The facts are for seasons under Bobby when we were finishing 4th and 3rd and plaing in the CL the team spirit/dressing room, call it what you will was more than fine. As shown by the teams ability to fight till the last minute and often come back from behind to win games. This team contained not just Bellamy but also Robert.

Unless anyone on here is frequently in the dressing room and regulary trains at St. James then you are speculating completely on what influence Bellamy had on morale based on what is being said by the people who chucked him out.

If he really was as bad for morale and team spirit as is being said then Bobby's team wouldn't have achieved what it did with Bellamy.

Without team spirit, you have no chance. If he was contributing to unrest I don't care how good he may be.

you're quite correct, without team spirit you won't have a top 4, 3 or 5 team, and qualify for the champions league.

Mind you, the inspiration for your username had workrate and attitude in abundance .......

Leazes Mag, do you have any experience of running a business? You sound like an armchair expert but maybe you have good reason to?

38576[/snapback]

Expert ? Sometimes ....

Armchair ? How many times have you seen Newcastle play ?

Edited by LeazesMag

38576[/snapback]

Interesting post AF but you're wasting your breath tbh.

38578[/snapback]

Didn't Gary Speed say how irritating he was?

Also that text to Shearer?

If he'd been liked, don't you think we'd have heard some stories of revolt from the dressing room wanting him to stay?

Well, one young player who was reported by Saunders for texting Bellamy has been kicked out of the club, and another first team player who supported him has been sold...

Not childish this Souness is he ? Are you aware that he tried to break his own players leg when he was at Blackburn /

And, how many times have you seen Newcastle play, seeing as you broached the subject ?

Expert ? Sometimes ....

38587[/snapback]

I've seen them play a fair bit. I don't have a season ticket anymore as I've been investing in my studio and money's a bit tight. I get to cup games whenever I can which to be fair is about as much as I can be arsed with.

It's obvious to me that Bellamy could scare a defence. Having said that, he didn't score as many as he should have IMO.

My point is that sometimes in an organisation you have to get rid of an individual for the good of the "whole".

38576[/snapback]

38596[/snapback]

are you another who's view of someone depends upon if they are on the books of Newcastle or not, ie rose tinted specs ©

38578[/snapback]

Didn't Gary Speed say how irritating he was?

Also that text to Shearer?

If he'd been liked, don't you think we'd have heard some stories of revolt from the dressing room wanting him to stay?

38604[/snapback]

Players aren't going to revolt over a sale, and nor should they. But have you forgotten the likes of Bramble and Millner at the club saying they wished he was still here, or Robert, Kluivert, Hughes, Bernard and the like who wanted him at their new clubs or said we shouldn't have got rid.

I can understand why some fans wanted him gone, and its a game of opinions after all, but its bollocks to say all the players hated him and wanted him out because they didn't. And its bollocks to say he ruined morale because in years of him being here we saw a team full of spirit and morale and one that wasn't. Bellamy and indeed robert's personalities have not changed one bit in their time here, so if you think they are disruptive now then they always were. And if they always were then we couldn't have done what we did under bobby because people like you have said the team can't function with disruptive players.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Expert ? Sometimes ....

38587[/snapback]

I've seen them play a fair bit. I don't have a season ticket anymore as I've been investing in my studio and money's a bit tight. I get to cup games whenever I can which to be fair is about as much as I can be arsed with.

It's obvious to me that Bellamy could scare a defence. Having said that, he didn't score as many as he should have IMO.

My point is that sometimes in an organisation you have to get rid of an individual for the good of the "whole".

38607[/snapback]

Whats that got to do with being an armchair supporter ?

And nice to see you only bother going when "you can be arsed"

Also, football isn't a "business" in the normal way, are you one of those who thinks fans are "customers"

Edited by LeazesMag

Expert ? Sometimes ....

38587[/snapback]

38607[/snapback]

Whats that got to do with being an armchair supporter ?

And nice to see you only bother going when "you can be arsed"

Also, football isn't a "business" in the normal way, are you one of those who thinks fans are "customers"

38610[/snapback]

Soopafan tbh.

We can disagree without trying to argue who's more supporterior.

My mother-in-law's best friend follows Cliff Richard around the world, do I have to think he's as brill as she obviously does?

I agree football is unlike other businesses to a point, but as neither of us knows for sure the whole story, we have to take a guess. You take yours, I take mine.

Whatever, we now have Owen and Shearer and I'm chuffed. Owen is a pro who will attract the right kind of players for the future. Could you say the same of Bellamy?

Soopafan tbh.

We can disagree without trying to argue who's more supporterior.

My mother-in-law's best friend follows Cliff Richard around the world, do I have to think he's as brill as she obviously does?

I agree football is unlike other businesses to a point, but as neither of us knows for sure the whole story, we have to take a guess. You take yours, I take mine.

Whatever, we now have Owen and Shearer and I'm chuffed. Owen is a pro who will attract the right kind of players for the future. Could you say the same of Bellamy?

38615[/snapback]

canny point, of course we can agree or disagree without arguing who's seen the club the most etc

Anyway ....... I agree with PL and others, which I've stated since day 1. The point put forward by Souness that he now has a "happy dressing room" etc etc is an insult to a manager respected throughout football , there is absolutely no way a team finishes in the top 5 for 3 years and qualifies for the 2nd phase of the Champions League with anything other than a happy dressing room.

For Souness to peddle such things is disgraceful, and also leads onto the fact that if he can convince himself such a thing is true, what other lies, stories, myths can he conjure up and believe them too ?

I really think Souness should keep his mouth shut until he matches Bobby Robsons league position before he compares his team to that one in any shape or form whatsoever.

And really, no offence but I cannot understand how people just believe what he says, when you see the resultant poor performances and subsequent dive in results.

38576[/snapback]

38596[/snapback]

are you another who's view of someone depends upon if they are on the books of Newcastle or not, ie rose tinted specs ©

38608[/snapback]

Absolutley not. I was pointing out that AF is wasting his time going over the subjects of Bellamy and Souness because people on here are in entrenched positions. No post, no matter how pertinent or revealing will ever change anyones mind on here. Have you ever read this?:

Hey, thats a good point. I'd never thought of looking at it that way. Do you know, I think you're right

No, because it never happens!

I find it more amusing to count the number of times people use heresay or rumour to back up their point but dismiss it as speculation if it goes against their argument these days rather than join in the 'debate' its self.

Perhaps you missed my point because your tinted glasses are fitted with blinkers. :lol:

38578[/snapback]

Bobby Robson has stated several times that Bellamy was the worst player he's had to deal with (or something along those lines - and he didn't mean ability wise)

38578[/snapback]

It's almost like you wanted Bellamy to murder us to prove Souness wrong :lol:

38578[/snapback]

Bobby Robson has stated several times that Bellamy was the worst player he's had to deal with (or something along those lines - and he didn't mean ability wise)

38858[/snapback]

I thought that was Robert. Anyway, I think in his autobiography he states Romario was the most difficult player he had to deal with - but he was worth it for the good of the team etc. etc.

38578[/snapback]

It's almost like you wanted Bellamy to murder us to prove Souness wrong ;)

38865[/snapback]

Not at all, I was just making an observation. I'm not sure why Hughes didn't go 4-4-2 against us, was Dickov injured or something (really can't remember). However, if they had put up that performance against ManU against us, they would probably have won by a large margin and Souness might be out of a job. Do you disagree?

It's a funny old game as they say.