Harper for England?

smoggeordie

I think Harper has been consistant when called upon. He has made some great saves and his kicking is far better then 50p foot Given. He should retain his place until he looses form

As for England I would have him above Robinson,Carson and Kirkland. James is knocking on a bit now so maybe he will get a chance if he keeps his place and form his for with us, I hope so

Was gonna say Harper's no spring chicken himself, but I checked and he's actually five years younger than James, who is 38 this summer, a few weeks older than Shearer!

• 2 weeks later...
Going by today's game, I know who I'd trust more in goal.

Harper has looked very sound, he's not dropped a ball or spilled a shot. He's done very well, these are the basic points and he deserves to keep his place on merit

He fucked up 3 times!!! Missed the ball totally with a kick, jumped under the ball when he tried to head it and then threw it straight to geremi 20 yards out. Better teams could have been 3 nil up.

He should be dropped like a bird with the clap imo!!!

He made a couple of canny saves (although the Owen one was a case of a bad miss imo) but I'm not sure he deserved the 8 out of 10 he got in The Sunday Times like.

Can't believe he's being credited for the Owen one...he knew fuck all about it, it just hit him. The best save he made was the Martins one low down at the post, all the others were regulation.

From a distance it looked like he maybe knew something about it, but looking at the photos if it had been 4 inches left, right or up it would have been in, which probably explains Owen's reaction and James's reaction to Owen.

His stop for Martins try was pretty decent though, but I'm sure Owen was sat completely unmarked and calling for it on the penalty spot when he drove that one in.

He made a couple of canny saves (although the Owen one was a case of a bad miss imo) but I'm not sure he deserved the 8 out of 10 he got in The Sunday Times like.

Probably the same bloke who gave Gerrard 9 out of 10 for the CL game.

I got the feeling the bloke who wrote the match report decided he was going to big up James so long as he didn't let in a few. Even the likes of the Sunday Times take the piss with some of their sports 'journalism' like.

I got the feeling the bloke who wrote the match report decided he was going to big up James so long as he didn't let in a few. Even the likes of the Sunday Times take the piss with some of their sports 'journalism' like.

If someone has an okay but indifferent game you can always skew things one way or the other. I think you would have struggled to do the same with Roy Carroll this weekend though. :D