The Dead are Rozen

The Fish

Rozehnal set for Toon return

Magpies defender failing to impress in Italy

Last updated: 31st March 2008

Rozehnal set for Toon return

David Rozehnal is set to return to Newcastle this summer after his loan spell at Lazio has failed to prove as beneficial as the Czech Republic international had hoped.

The 27-year-old versatile defender agreed to join the Serie A side in an emergency loan move in January with the aim of getting regular first team football.

However, Rozehnal has failed to cement a regular place in the Lazio back-line, and after being repeatedly overlooked the player's agent Viktor Kolar believes any potential move will depend on a pending statement from the Italian club.

Permanant option

"So far Lazio have not told us there plans," said Kolar.

"The Italians have a clause which says that they can use the option of a permanent move until May.

"Then we will know the whole situation at Lazio and we can make further steps regarding David's future.

"We have been in contact with Newcastle, namely their sports director Dennis Wise, but everything will depend on Lazio's statement."

Let joy be unconfined. :nufc:

He actually looked decent in the first couple of matches but was then struggling with the physical nature of English football. If he can adapt to it, he can still be a decent squad player. I wouldn't mind if we can get sell him for decent money though.

Better him coming back from Italy than Boumsong.

I think he's another Boumsong actually. Cheaper like.

Nah not even close. I actually thought he looked a good defender but struggled with the physical side of it. Boumsong was just a disaster!

Better him coming back from Italy than Boumsong.

I think he's another Boumsong actually. Cheaper like.

Nah not even close. I actually thought he looked a good defender but struggled with the physical side of it. Boumsong was just a disaster!

I was never convined by Boumsong but plenty thought he was excellent when he first arrived (Bramble playing out his skin helped) but I think, that apart, the comparisons are valid. Both are canny defenders who aren't suited to the PL imo.

I thought it was alright given the raw materials.

someone coming back

after being shit there and not making the first team....or for the purposes of the pun being "dead"

his name in Rozenhal

the Dead are Risen?

screw you :nufc:

Both struggled not just with the physical side but the speed of the prem....

also sweepers don't really work in the premiership. rozenhal was a sweeper first and definitely a centre back second...

Unless they're Phillipe Albert.

:nufc:

Both struggled not just with the physical side but the speed of the prem....

also sweepers don't really work in the premiership. rozenhal was a sweeper first and definitely a centre back second...

Unless they're Phillipe Albert.

:fool:

Ah but he was a Prince amoung men :nufc:

wonder if we can get 2 mill out of the big girls blouse .

decent defender? my arse , skips around on the field like he does in training , someone remind him that football can be physical .

jockeys around players with the ball and is to scared to put a foot in , when he does he's been beaten before he knows it and left sat on his arse .