Wonderkid on his way

Jusoda Kid

Wonderkid is on his way

Mar 30 2008

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

Emerson Hyndman

NEWCASTLE’s director of football Dennis Wise has spotted a player in his own image – in American wonderkid Emerson Hyndman.

Hyndman, aged just 11, will arrive on Tyneside on Thursday for a two-week stay after wowing Wise in the recent Dallas Cup youth tournament.

And Emerson’s grandfather, Schellas, last night revealed that the youngster’s excitement at his impending trip is shared by Wise.

“When he watched Emerson, I think Dennis saw himself in him,” Schellas, himself a university soccer coach, told the Sunday Sun from Dallas.

“He is small, with a big heart and very good technical ability. When they talked, there was a sparkle in the eyes of them both.”

Wise twice flew to Dallas to see Hyndman Jr in action for the Dallas Texans Red, having been tipped off about him by Newcastle scout David Cooke and former Blackburn goalkeeper Kenny Cooper, who is set to be appointed the Magpies’ new North America chief scout.

Having had dinner with the Hyndman family the night before, Wise said within 10 minutes of seeing Emerson in action against boys a year older: “I just love the guy. I love the way he plays.”

Schellas added: “Emerson’s father, Tony, was a USA Under-16 player but his career was ended by injury.

“His passion for the game was cut short, so he lived it through his son.

“We know Emerson is still very young, all the potential is there. If you have the vision to see where he could be in a few years, it is pretty special.”

Cooper said: “Anyone able to have seen Emerson knows he is something special.

“The world is his oyster right now and he will be given every opportunity to show and express his talent at Newcastle.”

And Emerson himself admitted: “It’s so exciting just to have this opportunity.

“Ever since I have been practising with my father when I was about five, I knew I wanted to play in college and professionally.

“Ever since I was about eight or nine, I knew I could beat any of the players with me or who played against my team. I can’t wait to meet the players in England.”

Newcastle are expected to organise an Under-12 or an Under-13 friendly against Sunderland to give the youngster some match practice during his stay.

Wonderkid is on his way

Mar 30 2008

Emerson Hyndman

NEWCASTLE’s director of football Dennis Wise has spotted a player in his own image – in American wonderkid Emerson Hyndman.

Hyndman, aged just 11, will arrive on Tyneside on Thursday for a two-week stay after wowing Wise in the recent Dallas Cup youth tournament.

And Emerson’s grandfather, Schellas, last night revealed that the youngster’s excitement at his impending trip is shared by Wise.

“When he watched Emerson, I think Dennis saw himself in him,” Schellas, himself a university soccer coach, told the Sunday Sun from Dallas.

“He is small, with a big heart and very good technical ability. When they talked, there was a sparkle in the eyes of them both.”

Wise twice flew to Dallas to see Hyndman Jr in action for the Dallas Texans Red, having been tipped off about him by Newcastle scout David Cooke and former Blackburn goalkeeper Kenny Cooper, who is set to be appointed the Magpies’ new North America chief scout.

Having had dinner with the Hyndman family the night before, Wise said within 10 minutes of seeing Emerson in action against boys a year older: “I just love the guy. I love the way he plays.”

Schellas added: “Emerson’s father, Tony, was a USA Under-16 player but his career was ended by injury.

“We know Emerson is still very young, all the potential is there. If you have the vision to see where he could be in a few years, it is pretty special.”

“The world is his oyster right now and he will be given every opportunity to show and express his talent at Newcastle.”

“Ever since I have been practising with my father when I was about five, I knew I wanted to play in college and professionally.

“Ever since I was about eight or nine, I knew I could beat any of the players with me or who played against my team. I can’t wait to meet the players in England.”

Newcastle are expected to organise an Under-12 or an Under-13 friendly against Sunderland to give the youngster some match practice during his stay.

Probably the same height I'm guessing.

A player in his own image?? A short-arse with obviously a massive inferiority complex who'll allow a crowd to wind him up to the point where he gets sent off??

Nice....

A player in his own image?? A short-arse with obviously a massive inferiority complex who'll allow a crowd to wind him up to the point where he gets sent off??

Nice....

11yr old written off...Only at Newcastle. :nufc:

to be fair... 11 yr olds?

I'm happy to build for the future, but it'll be at least 5 years before we see this kid, shouldn't we be concerned with the more immediate future?

i'm happy we're making signings like this.

it's a win / win situation as he costs us nothing (relatively) and could potentially be an excellent player.

that is.

if we believe Mr. Wise.

I suspect this is Wisey's way of pestering fresh milfage.

I'm happy to build for the future, but it'll be at least 5 years before we see this kid, shouldn't we be concerned with the more immediate future?

I think this is sort of what wise is here for, to find young talent for the future and let keegan and some of the other staff worry about the current squad

seems like a good idea to me all the most successful clubs have had this sort of thing in place for years

I think this is sort of what wise is here for, to find young talent for the future and let keegan and some of the other staff worry about the current squad

seems like a good idea to me all the most successful clubs have had this sort of thing in place for years

Yep it's the level that a lot of the big clubs are seriously aiming at now in a world wide way, it is the future I guess.

i'm happy we're making signings like this.

it's a win / win situation as he costs us nothing (relatively) and could potentially be an excellent player.

that is.

if we believe Mr. Wise.

:nufc:

Yep it's the level that a lot of the big clubs are seriously aiming at now in a world wide way, it is the future I guess.

Call me defeatist, but surely those established scouting systems will have first dibs on the best and the brightest? I'm concerned about the immediate future, let's get ourselves in a position to be a truly attractive opportunity to these extremely young prospects.

Call me defeatist, but surely those established scouting systems will have first dibs on the best and the brightest? I'm concerned about the immediate future, let's get ourselves in a position to be a truly attractive opportunity to these extremely young prospects.

Fucking hell, the club can't win. If we weren't trying to get young talent people would be having a pop too. There is always talent to be unearthed and surely it's miles better if we're trying to do it and, with that in mind, I don't see a problem with the club taking a chance on some young kid before another club does. It's part of Wise's remit too surely.

and thats what they will be doing as well. I'm sure getting a few young players to actually come through and make the first team and show that if you come to newcastle we will turn you into a good player might tempt some more youngsters to come over.

I'm not saying don't look for kids, I'm saying the majority of our efforts into finding the right players for the first 11. No point in having great kids if they bugger off to Villa or Everton because they're advancing and we're floundering mid-table

Wonderkid is on his way

Mar 30 2008

Emerson Hyndman

dorty bugger

I'm not saying don't look for kids, I'm saying the majority of our efforts into finding the right players for the first 11. No point in having great kids if they bugger off to Villa or Everton because they're advancing and we're floundering mid-table

I'm sure they're working on first team recruits as well though, no doubt they've got a list of potential signings for the summer that their looking at..

:nufc:

Only time will tell if its a good signing. But tbf that is Wise' job and he mustn't be a complete tool if he was signed in the first place. :fool:

(However, he will always be a grade a dick)