Smogs - Mackems

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! :razz: Top half :lol:

I'm sorry, but I don't hate Sunderland.

I'm sure some may think that stops me being a true fan. I dislike Boro though. Grotty place and a dull team. Also that "called off" game last year or the year before.

Just out of interest, why DO you hate Sunderland. Is it just the local rivalry thing? Or just cause it's the done thing?

I can understand certain rivalries that come up, but just because they're geographically close?

*expects massive abuse but hopes for the best*

HA!  :razz: Top half  :lol:

I'm sorry, but I don't hate Sunderland.

I'm sure some may think that stops me being a true fan. I dislike Boro though. Grotty place and a dull team. Also that "called off" game last year or the year before.

Just out of interest, why DO you hate Sunderland. Is it just the local rivalry thing? Or just cause it's the done thing?

I can understand certain rivalries that come up, but just because they're geographically close?

*expects massive abuse but hopes for the best*

38731[/snapback]

Its mostly due to the whole local rival thing, you just end up hating them, but then many of their fans will make sure they earn that hatred over the years and so you come to genuinely hate them rather than just do it because you feel you should!

And it makes things more interesting, especially when you play them.

Its mostly due to the whole local rival thing, you just end up hating them, but then many of their fans will make sure they earn that hatred over the years and so you come to genuinely hate them rather than just do it because you feel you should!

38732[/snapback]

Cheers for not chucking your toys out! I know it's a touchy subject.

I hear you on the fans getting under your skin, year in year out.

I just always thought it would be amusing and patronising to ignore them. Like Spurs hate Arsenal, but Arsenal hating ManU as they are true rivals. And like England hating Germany but not caring so much about Scotland.

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

38732[/snapback]

Cheers for not chucking your toys out! I know it's a touchy subject.

I hear you on the fans getting under your skin, year in year out.

I just always thought it would be amusing and patronising to ignore them. Like Spurs hate Arsenal, but Arsenal hating ManU as they are true rivals. And like England hating Germany but not caring so much about Scotland.

38734[/snapback]

To be honest i don't have any problem at all with any toon fans who don't hate Sunderland, its certainly not obligatory! And part of it is fun really having a hated rival, as i don't go in for any of the violence (fortunately not common) or hating people simply because they're mackems, if they're a decent person who they support doesn't matter.

And you're right, the old indifference or not caring about them can wind people up well. Its like with the smoggies, no matter how much they try to make it count, the real derby match is always us versus the mackems and alot of smogs can be wound up by telling them how insignificant the are and that nobody gives a toss about playing them!

I hate both Sunderland and Boro. I hate the Mackems because they're our local rivals and I hate 'Boro because their fans are up their own arses and they think they're our local rivals - they're a small town in Yorkshire.

i dislike Boro more than i dislike Sun'lund purely because ive been to school with Boro fans and worked with them too. Started to work with Sun'lun fans now tho so will be interesting to see whether my outlook changes. Sun'lun are at least a fairly big team whereas Boro are just playing at it.

i was in a sports bar in Budapest yesterday, hoping that the toon game may be on satellite.

only other customers in there was 2 boro fans, who claimed they were checking the place out 'ahead of the game tomorw'

One of them was wearing an 'azuri' (italian) footy shirt. Guess they didnt want the embarasment of having to explain where boro was......

At least we have the honour of being North-East's Top Dogs - © Sunderland AFC (2001) & Middlesbrough fans (2004).

38830[/snapback]

No we don't.

Boro and the unwashed can fight it out between themselves, regardless of where we are in the league.

I don't want any part of this 'top dogs' shit. ;)

Bastard Boro. A team I couldn't give two shits about but keep pushing my buttons. The only good thing is at least the mackems won't come to SJP with the winless record, because we all know what would have happened there.

If a good thing is to come out of it, then at least it'll shut Bernie fucking Slaven up.

NOT A FUCKING DERBY!

The Mackem in the office is going on about how they are 'unbeaten in their last 3 games' now! jw tbfh ;)

38924[/snapback]

readytogo.net was brilliant last night. Going on about how they weren't as bad as the media painted and that they were going to stay up :dork: . Cannit wait until Wist 'Am beat them.

Newcastle v Sunderland is a Derby game.

Newcastle v Middlesborough is not a Derby game.

Sunderland v Middlesborough is whatever the fuck they want it to be. It doesn't concern me.

For 90 minutes yesterday, I wanted the Mackems to win. It's kicked us up into the top half of the table, which will no doubt piss them off. It's got them thier win, which means they wont come to our place winless, which would have been dodgy. Ultimately, if the Mackems winning helps us out, them I'm not going to sit there and wish they were getting wellied.

As for the Smogs? They're just another team that I cannot stand. They go hand in hand with Spurs, Wolves and Everton for me. Have no time for any of them. There are various reasons for most of them, but the one that stands out most is that thier fans can be total tossers when they want to be, and they've all got various massive chips on thier shoulders.

;) tbh.

Newcastle v Sunderland is a Derby game.

Newcastle v Middlesborough is not a Derby game.

Sunderland v Middlesborough is whatever the fuck they want it to be. It doesn't concern me.

For 90 minutes yesterday, I wanted the Mackems to win. It's kicked us up into the top half of the table, which will no doubt piss them off. It's got them thier win, which means they wont come to our place winless, which would have been dodgy. Ultimately, if the Mackems winning helps us out, them I'm not going to sit there and wish they were getting wellied.

As for the Smogs? They're just another team that I cannot stand. They go hand in hand with Spurs, Wolves and Everton for me. Have no time for any of them. There are various reasons for most of them, but the one that stands out most is that thier fans can be total tossers when they want to be, and they've all got various massive chips on thier shoulders.

;) tbh.

38999[/snapback]

To be fair, everyone I have ever met met from Boro in a non-football context has been really canny. I just think they are a football irrelevance, they simply have no reason to exist. If only Gibson was our chairman, imagine what he could have achieved!

To be fair, everyone I have ever met met from Boro in a non-football context has been really canny.

Aye, I've had this conversation many times mate. I've personally only ever met one person from the Boro' who isn't a football fan. They were indeed a breath of fresh air (!) compared to the regular football types I meet.