5 realistic Summer signings

Ketsbaia

Bentley

Ashton

Arshavin

Lescot

Barry

That would make me happy

Thinking of the attacking game, would love to see any of the above at the club.

Although I do think we need atleast two defenders.

Not sure about Ashton any more, apparently over weight and under motivated for West Ham.

Thats what Keegan is good for, getting players fit and motivated. Lets hope we can pick him up on the cheap.

Reckon KK could make Ashton a great striker for us. Would be ideal with Oba & Owen in the 3 prong attack

As for defenders I think Faye & Lescott would make a decent partnership, Dunne is a decent CB. I think Enrique & Beye will continue to improve so may only need a utility player who can drop into full back

I dont think we are too far away from where we need to be judging on recent performances TBH, just shows Fat Sam and Roeder for what they are really

The Sun is claiming Keegan's talking to Deco's agent about him coming here and that Jose Moutinho is his back up, think they're getting a little caught up in everything. I'd love to see either of those players here but I very much doubt it.

I think if he got Owen to sign a new contract it would be a massive coup. Money aside for once, he's been one of our most important players over the past few games and looks like he's finally getting back on form.

Agreed, I think this should be Keegan's priority, it would be a great statement of intent for both parties.

Definitely a good start if people see Owen signing a new contract to stay here under Keegan, and as one of the people who've always rated Owen i'd be delighted to see him spend the rst of his top level career here.

The Sun is claiming Keegan's talking to Deco's agent about him coming here and that Jose Moutinho is his back up, think they're getting a little caught up in everything. I'd love to see either of those players here but I very much doubt it.

Very unrealistic IMO. Would prefer Moutinho to Deco at the minute though. Dont think Lescott would leave Everton for us same with Dunne. We could get some good players but a few of the suggestions are a bit out of hand.

Think defenders have to be a priorty regardless. Think Dunne could come in and do a good job. Seen a lot of Carlos Cuellar up at Rangers, looks like a no nonsense centre half, but then again he's Spanish and the robbing cnuts took millions of us for Boumsong.

Toon going to be well down the list for signing players over the summer i think.

I think if he got Owen to sign a new contract it would be a massive coup. Money aside for once, he's been one of our most important players over the past few games and looks like he's finally getting back on form.

Agreed, I think this should be Keegan's priority, it would be a great statement of intent for both parties.

Biggest piece of business to do this summer IMO.

CB: Carlos Cuéllar (Rangers)

CB / DMC: Rubén de la Red (Getafe / Real Madrid)

MC: Esteban Granero (Getafe / Real Madrid)

AMC: Andrei Arshavin (Zenit)

ST: Mario Gómez (Stuttgart)

I could see him cashing in on Owen a la Andy Cole and replacing him with someone even better.

Doubt you can get a better striker than Owen for the peanuts he would go for, almost being in the last year of his contract and everything.

I don't rate Ashton and wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick. I keep seeing him compared to Shearer and he's nothing like him. He seems to be injury and huff prone too.

Lescott would never leave Everton for us currently.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Add Crouch to that list.

And he can bring his lass with him.

From what I've heard it might be worth sticking a couple of quid on it... Real sticking point IS his lass who's a scouser and wants to stay over there. If Citeh show an interest in him I think we'd struggle to persuade him to come.

I wonder if Jonathan Woodgate is regretting turning us down now? That said I think there was more to him moving than meets the eye - think he needed to get away from the North East for various reasons.

I wonder if Jonathan Woodgate is regretting turning us down now? That said I think there was more to him moving than meets the eye - think he needed to get away from the North East for various reasons.

So what do you know Craig? :lol:

The thing about 'realistic' transfers is that no one can be sure what kind of money will be thrown at the market. I personally expect one or two real surprises. Ashley is a poker player you only have to look at his gambling on the asset and business environments.

So what do you know Craig? :lol:

Fuck all - it's all conjecture...

But there were rumours - know anything 2J? :(

The thing about 'realistic' transfers is that no one can be sure what kind of money will be thrown at the market. I personally expect one or two real surprises. Ashley is a poker player you only have to look at his gambling on the asset and business environments.

I think the realism isn't so much a question of money (which other clubs have as well) but of the reputation of the club.

I think the realism isn't so much a question of money (which other clubs have as well) but of the reputation of the club.

That's right.

But one thing I know about life is to expect the unexpected.