5 realistic Summer signings

Ketsbaia

Richard Dunne

Own goals aside he's a good defender and his current contract dispute at Citeh could work in our favour.

Miguel Veloso

We're being linked with him apparently. A good, very highly rated young defender from Sporting.

Andrei Arshavin

I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up by a bigger club yet. Every time I see him he looks world class. Exactly the type of player I can see Keegan going after. There's a fair chance there'll be bigger clubs in for him this summer but shy bairns get nowt.

Mauro Zarate

Looked quite good at Birmingham and he's another youngster. Money could be an issue since Al-Sadd wont want to let him go for peanuts.

Aaron Lennon

Out of favour at Spurs, he's a very attacking winger and another Keegan type player. His end product could be an issue but he's only 20 and seems to put the shits up defenders.

A few weeks ago I'd have rubbished most of those (especially veloso, sporting are pretty much man utds feeder club they'll have him before anyone else) but since the keegan factor seems to have started flying around the club lately I have absolutely no idea

which I love :lol: my cynical knowing stuff's not going to work has been replaced with blissful optimistic ignorance

A few weeks ago I'd have rubbished most of those (especially veloso, sporting are pretty much man utds feeder club they'll have him before anyone else) but since the keegan factor seems to have started flying around the club lately I have absolutely no idea

which I love :lol: my cynical knowing stuff's not going to work has been replaced with blissful optimistic ignorance

Veloso is probably the most optimistic of the lot. I've tried to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground but no player in that five looks out of reach at the minute :(

Van Der Vaart is an awesome player so is Nasri. Love is on and off same with Buyten. Doesn't Gourcuff play for AC Milan? Seems a bit optimistic. I know Keegan has a way of getting players in but it may take a decent position next season to get some of these players. Zarate needs to prove himself throughout a full season. Lets see how he fairs in a English winter.

Van Buyten

Van Der Vaart

Yoan Gourcuff

Samir Nasri

Vagner Love

Van buyten lacks any agility at all, would maybe struggle with the pace of the prem as a result

VDV and Nasri I agree with IRTF

Gourcouff is, I think, regarded as one of ACs most promising youngsters and he does get games for them, it's never gunna happen

and I've never seen Vagner Love play so...

Al-Sadd want £15m for Zarate apparently because they paid £11.5m for him at the start of the season he's worth no where near that cash, does look a good little player though. Agree on the rest like I'd love to see us get a player like Veloso I think we need to start looking for Butt and Geremi replacements, they're both playing well at the minute but they aren't getting any younger :lol: .

Was surprised to see Butt pinging a few good balls around against Reading. Was one of the things that annoyed me about him (that his passing wasn't great). I think one of the most important buys is a def midfielder with pin point passing to pick out our new three "pronged" attack. Any suggestions?

Edited by I R Toon Fan

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - Fiorentina .

young, got an eye for a pass and goal ,

Fiorentina have champions league footy next season like :lol: , not sure if we could tempt him .

the toon and arsenal have been linked with him , but cant see wenger spending cash unless flamini goes.

prob cost us about 10-15 million .

got a gaol after we were linked with him so maybe more by now :( manu and chelsea set the bar with the 20 milll kids

veloso is a bit like a young nicky butt , with a smarter eye for a pass and maybe a few more goals in him .

Edited by Hadrian

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - Fiorentina .

young, got an eye for a pass and goal ,

Fiorentina have champions league footy next season like :( , not sure if we could tempt him .

the toon and arsenal have been linked with him , but cant see wenger spending cash unless flamini goes.

prob cost us about 10-15 million .

got a gaol after we were linked with him so maybe more by now :P manu and chelsea set the bar with the 20 milll kids

veloso is a bit like a young nicky butt , with a smarter eye for a pass and maybe a few more goals in him .

Should work well with Barton then. :lol:

Vagner Love is a good striker, don't see him as really replacing either of our front three at the moment though.

Zarate is going to be expensive, no doubt about it. I rate him though, he's made a promising start to his premier league career.

van Buyten is excellent but ageing. Nasri will never join us, although it would be the capture of the century.

Aboutreika is my African player of the year, he has done so much despite spending his entire (young) career at an African club, I think we should be making some enquiries about him.

Tbh never really heard of Veloso. But heard good things recently. What kind of player is he and are anyone else sniffing round. Do we have a chance of getting him is what I'm getting at.

well Man Utd. are said to be interested. greedy fucks. they already have 4 excellent center mids.

but yeah, he plays in front of the back four, he has an alice band but don't let that fool you, he's tenacious in the tackle, and has a really excellent left foot - he is very similar to Carrick although a lot more mobile and better at tackling but still has that range of passing.

he'd probably cost 10-11 million

I can only see van der Vaart joining a spanish team, a dream of him as his mother is spanish, or an English club playing in the CL.

I love your realism. (Not a sarcastic comment btw Wolfgang, you're probably the most realistic poster whom I've ever read)

lennon and dunne are rubbish

both realistic and possible signings.

Dunne is one of the best central defenders in the premiership BTW, in my opinion anyway

I'm hoping Keegan pulls out one of those signings like a Ginola that basically nobody was thinking of/had even heard of and goes on to be special. Also now that the club has actualyl got a proper scouting structure and system in place hopefully we can sneak a couple of real bargains in there as well.

I think Keegan will probably try to make a real statement of intent with his 1st signing if he can to say to other targets where he is taking us, because he does have to overcome the fact we aren't in europe. And who better than Keegan to talk players round to his vision of where we will be heading.

lennon and dunne are rubbish

both realistic and possible signings.

Dunne is one of the best central defenders in the premiership BTW, in my opinion anyway

The second best outside the top 4, behind Lescott IMO

I'm hoping Keegan pulls out one of those signings like a Ginola that basically nobody was thinking of/had even heard of and goes on to be special. Also now that the club has actualyl got a proper scouting structure and system in place hopefully we can sneak a couple of real bargains in there as well.

I think Keegan will probably try to make a real statement of intent with his 1st signing if he can to say to other targets where he is taking us, because he does have to overcome the fact we aren't in europe. And who better than Keegan to talk players round to his vision of where we will be heading.

I think if he got Owen to sign a new contract it would be a massive coup. Money aside for once, he's been one of our most important players over the past few games and looks like he's finally getting back on form.

I think if he got Owen to sign a new contract it would be a massive coup. Money aside for once, he's been one of our most important players over the past few games and looks like he's finally getting back on form.

Agreed, I think this should be Keegan's priority, it would be a great statement of intent for both parties.