Martins & YouTube

Bombadil

OBAFEMI Martins turned to the internet to find out about his new manager and says life under Kevin Keegan has lived up to the expectations it created.

The Nigerian has previously admitted he did not know who the Newcastle United legend was when, with Martins thousands of miles away on African Cup of Nations duty, Keegan was re-appointed Magpies manager in January. Now he has revealed he did some research on video-sharing website Youtube – and that the Yorkshireman has lived up to his billing.

“I didn’t know a lot about him when he came. The rest of the lads were all telling me what he was like as a manager and a positive person,” said the Nigerian, scorer of Newcastle’s opener in the 3-0 win over Reading.

“I went to Youtube because I wanted to see his goals when he was a player and get a good look at his team and how they played.

“He was a fantastic player and I would have to say he was better than me. The team which came so close to the title here (in 1995-96) was a great team. You can see from those clips and the way he is now that he is a manager who loves his strikers and loves scoring goals.

“He had to change a lot of things when he came in and now everybody loves him and wants him to stay.”

Keegan puts great store on players enjoying their work, and former Inter striker Martins can vouch for his success.

“It is good fun playing in Kevin Keegan’s side,” he said. “Even on the training ground it is all about attack and playing football. I am enjoying my football, I am happy with my form, happy we are winning, happy I am scoring goals and happy Michael (Owen) and Mark (Viduka) are scoring as well.”

After almost two seasons on Tyneside which have not lived up to expectations, Martins expects to one day be playing at the club game’s highest level with United.

“This season is just about trying to win our remaining games,” he said. “I played in the Champions League for Inter and I believe in the future I can play in the Champions League for Newcastle.’’

:lol:

Oba's obviously been looking at my videos. :P

Cool.

Can you now create a compilation of the best ever first touches and how to spot a better positioned team mate? :(

Is that another subtle hint for me to make a Bernd Schuster video? :lol:

Oba's obviously been looking at my videos. B)

Cool.

Can you now create a compilation of the best ever first touches and how to spot a better positioned team mate? :(

Is that another subtle hint for me to make a Bernd Schuster video? :lol:

:P

Go on then.

“He was a fantastic player and I would have to say he was better than me.”

Aww... :(

Bit of humility's always a good thing

can imagine taylor now "Keegan? pfft would have had him in my back pocket all game"

Aww... :P

can imagine taylor now "Keegan? pfft would have had him in my back pocket all game"

You have to wonder if he could actually keep him in his back pocket all game now. :(

Aww... :P

You have to wonder if he could actually keep him in his back pocket all game now. :(

I'm sure he thinks he can

Even Luque looked good on YouTube though. :(

I still like the Ameobi Compilation

It's fucking brilliant :P

Seen it before, but it has me in stitches everytime I see it. :lol:

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

:lol: I like that celebrations are back. Up until Keegan got us safety, We seemed to meet each goal with a sense of relief rather than joy.

:icon_lol: I like that celebrations are back. Up until Keegan got us safety, We seemed to meet each goal with a sense of relief rather than joy.

Like a saturday morning wank, then?

:icon_lol: I like that celebrations are back. Up until Keegan got us safety, We seemed to meet each goal with a sense of relief rather than joy.

Like a saturday morning wank, then?

Saturday morning wank is relief? or Joy?