Great movies that you thought were shite

Jimbo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LA Confidential - Cock off !

Tricky one. Not all that it was cracked up to be that's for sure.

I really liked it.

I remember being quite underwhelmed by Taxi Driver, although that was a few years ago, I should give it another go.

Mean Streets is pretty boring imo. 90% of it is anyway. It gets decent towards the end but fuck me, it takes a while getting there. I've only seen it once, about 15 years ago. Should I give it another chance?

Scarface. (Wouldn't say it was shite, but didn't enjoy it as much as others did.)

Much preferred the original.

I agree. I saw the Pacino one again fairly recently and I thought it was very dated.

Mean Streets is pretty boring imo. 90% of it is anyway. It gets decent towards the end but fuck me, it takes a while getting there. I've only seen it once, about 15 years ago. Should I give it another chance?

I love that film.

One of my favourite De Niro roles. Love the bit when we first see Johnny Boy and he walks in with Jumpin Jack Flash on. :lol:

I love that film.

One of my favourite De Niro roles. Love the bit when we first see Johnny Boy and he walks in with Jumpin Jack Flash on. :lol:

I'll take that as 'yes'.

Shit films in the IMDB top 250...

The Third Man

A Clockwork Orange

Forrest Gump

Requiem For A Dream

Gladiator

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

I like 'The Third Man'. 'Gladiator' was ok but very overrated. I bet there's more than that that are average at best in there though.

The Third Man

A Clockwork Orange

Forrest Gump

Requiem For A Dream

Gladiator

I like 'The Third Man'. 'Gladiator' was ok but very overrated. I bet there's more than that that are average at best in there though.

Yeah, missed off lots of average stuff like Matrix, The Prestige, Usual Suspects etc.

Forgot to include 12 Monkeys as one of the really shit ones though. Complete wank.

The Third Man

A Clockwork Orange

Forrest Gump

Requiem For A Dream

Gladiator

Yeah, missed off lots of average stuff like Matrix, The Prestige, Usual Suspects etc.

Forgot to include 12 Monkeys as one of the really shit ones though. Complete wank.

You see I love 'The Usual Suspects' and I liked 'The Prestige' (nowt special though I agree). and I agree with the others there. The Matrix gets wanked over so much. I must have missed something there like.

The Third Man

A Clockwork Orange

Forrest Gump

Requiem For A Dream

Gladiator

I think The Usual Suspects is class.

"Hand me the keys you fucking cocksucker!"