Great movies that you thought were shite

Jimbo

I saw the first one the weekend it came out, without any hype. I came out of the cinema thinking "Meh, just a nerds wet dream!".

Nice bit of action at the end, but I'm not even sure if The Matrix was the first place 'bullet time' and that were used. I couldn't swear to it but i thought they got it from out East.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Lebowski. Supposed to be great, but I still haven't figured out why.

Bombadil, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to realize the fact that you're a god damn moron.

I saw the first one the weekend it came out, without any hype. I came out of the cinema thinking "Meh, just a nerds wet dream!".

Nice bit of action at the end, but I'm not even sure if The Matrix was the first place 'bullet time' and that were used. I couldn't swear to it but i thought they got it from out East.

Was it not John Woo?

Was it not John Woo?

Not sure. I seem to remember Yuen Woo Ping was brought in for the Matrix because he'd done the old camera around someone in mid-kick trick in one of his films. I thought it might have been Iron Monkey, but I might be wrong.

Was it not John Woo?

Not sure. I seem to remember Yuen Woo Ping was brought in for the Matrix because he'd done the old camera around someone in mid-kick trick in one of his films. I thought it might have been Iron Monkey, but I might be wrong.

I seem to remember it being used in Hard Boiled, that's all. Not to the extent it was used in The Matrix but the former is a canny bit older (5 years at least) iirc.

I was going off what they said in the "Making Of" bits on the DVD. Either way, I still think the Matrix gets a bum deal because of it's younger brothers by many people.

The Big Lebowski. Supposed to be great, but I still haven't figured out why.

Bombadil, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to realize the fact that you're a god damn moron.

:icon_lol:

Tarantino is erasing violence. A lot of people say it's highly stylised, but actually it's erased. The moment is not rendered.

'The money' needed someone to take Spike Lee out of the loop at the time - back in the day....The rest is history...Black became white and everything returned to normale...Illusionare...

Edited by Park Life

Tarantino is erasing violence. A lot of people say it's highly stylised, but actually it's erased. The moment is not rendered.

'The money' needed someone to take Spike Lee out of the loop at the time - back in the day....The rest is history...Black became white and everything returned to normale...Illusionare...

frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg

Parky prepares another post.