The Greatest Europen Player You've Seen?

Tooj

Can't disagree with many already mentioned but has no-one mentioned Beckenbauer

I'll see your Beckenbauer and raise you Sir Bobby Charlton....well before my time but has got to be in the top 10. Certainly if you're talking about the sixties you're talking top 3 alongside "der Kaiser" and Best.

For me I didnt think I'd ever see a player as good as Gazza...until I saw Zidane, who was better,chiefly because of what he acheived in the game. Bergkamp is up there too, the dirty cloggie bastard ;)

lots others as already mentioned too, I used to love watching the late 80s Holland side, Gullit, Rikjaard, Van Basten etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than go off TV and actually in the flesh at SJP I'd say Zidane and Hagi for Europeans and Riquelme and Recoba for South America...

Zidane's touch and manipulation of the ball was amazing to watch close up...

Hagi's low centre of gravity and passing/shooting technique...

Riquelme's ball retention/shielding and being able to dictate a whole game at walking pace...

Recoba's left foot/wand...

Off topic slightly but there has been some great players in the Premiership but trying hard to think of one who has had a great game at SJP? I guess going of goals scored perhaps Ronaldo/Rooney but they've not had particularly great games... Even Henry etc... And going back further my dad always said Shilton never played well at SJP!...

Off topic again but all time favourite... Zico... In my eyes the greatest...