.com backing Geremi

Happy Face

The Indomitable Magpie

Having being stripped of the captaincy but restored to a regular first team berth under Kevin Keegan, our match record with Geremi continues to be worthy of note.

We originally wrote a piece when he was away on African Nations Cup duty with Cameroon (aka the Indomitable Lions) earlier in 2008, but his stats remain significant.

Looking at Premier League games only, Geremi has started all ten of our victories this season and four draws, as well as appearing from the bench in one other draw.

Without him on the field, we've won just three points of the 38 collected so far this season - from three draws.

I wonder if they realise you can tell a very similar story about many of the players, Alan Smith for example...

Looking at Premier League games only, Smith has been involved in nine of our ten victories this season and two draws, as well as appearing from the bench in three victories.

Without him on the field, we've won just five points of the 38 collected so far this season - from a single win and two draws.

I'm all for bigging up Newcastle players, but I don't get why they've singled Geremi out based on generally coincidental numbers and a persistence in selecting him no matter how badly he played.

I mean, we've lost 32 points in games Geremi has played too.

I think they're trying to make themselves look clever in a sort of 'The Chronicle exclusively revealed this a week ago' type of style. That said, I haven't got a lot of time for the .com lads.

I think they're trying to make themselves look clever in a sort of 'The Chronicle exclusively revealed this a week ago' type of style. That said, I haven't got a lot of time for the .com lads.

I still enjoy reading their match reports, look at their stats/archive sections and the 'what happened on this day' section but the rest of the side has been on the decline for some time now imho.

I still enjoy reading their match reports, look at their stats/archive sections and the 'what happened on this day' section but the rest of the side has been on the decline for some time now imho.

Basically what I said on N-O the other day. I think they're very sanctimonious about their support and pretty hypocritical in terms of doing one thing and saying another too.

but as Chris Holt also points out:

We've only collected five points without Alan Smith on the field. There aren't many who would argue that Smith has contributed much to the other 33....

You pays your money and choose your stats....

A mention on .com

I'm getting all emotional.