Twitter

JawD

I've heard of this phenomenon... American 'soccer' fans have started trying to engage in their own hooligan culture. I'd imagine one of those two teams is the one that only came into creation about a year ago as well?

It looks like a bunch of hipsters who don't really know what supporting a club looks like. More depressing than funny...

That's the American soccer culture in a nutshell, I sat with the ''ultras" at the Houston Dynamo, those buffoons spent the whole game filming themselves banging their drums and waving their banners, in fact I honestly question if most of them even knew what the score was after the game.

:lol: they should stick to what they're good at - shooting each other

That's the problem, it's just privileged yuppie kids, you don't see many of the working class there, even the poorer Hispanics don't give a shit, they either support Mexican or Spanish teams or even Premier League teams, you don't see many average Joe's there.

I've heard of this phenomenon... American 'soccer' fans have started trying to engage in their own hooligan culture. I'd imagine one of those two teams is the one that only came into creation about a year ago as well?

It looks like a bunch of hipsters who don't really know what supporting a club looks like. More depressing than funny...

:lol: Aye pretty much, if they were that into footy surely they would have been Red Bulls fans themselves 2 years ago since NYC FC didn't exist. .

It's pathetic tbh, I've no idea why that is something these idiots are trying to make happen because it doesn't happen in other American sports where the away fans are mixed in with the home fans.

• 4 weeks later...

The only times I have witnessed anything like the videos above was when I travelled to Tampa for the Fort Lauderdale/Tampa Bay "derby" (rich 40 year history) and even that didn't come to blows... that was one of their drunken fans stealing one of our flags and running into the restrooms with it... real hardcore.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so due to boredom, induced by not being able to move far from a toilet in the last 24 hours, I took the plunge today and properly got involved with Twitter.... Am wondering what the etiquette is with random people/pages just following you is? :unsure: Am not sure if I want to follow any of them tbh...

Got a follow back from the semi famous writer Paolo Hewitt though, quite pleased with that...is this normal?..

If you follow back everyone that follows you, you'll end up with a timeline full of horseshit. It's "the right thing to do" according to twitter etiquette, but it's the wrong thing to do if you actually want to enjoy your twitter experience.

If you follow back everyone that follows you, you'll end up with a timeline full of horseshit. It's "the right thing to do" according to twitter etiquette, but it's the wrong thing to do if you actually want to enjoy your twitter experience.

Aye I don't bother following back if I don't give a shit what they have to say.

The follow back thing is more, in my opinion, something to do if you care about getting a big following and a twitter reputation like certain posters on here do. :razz:

Aye I don't bother following back if I don't give a shit what they have to say.

The follow back thing is more, in my opinion, something to do if you care about getting a big following and a twitter reputation like certain posters on here do. :razz:

"Not mentioning any names here" :lol:

Ok, so due to boredom, induced by not being able to move far from a toilet in the last 24 hours, I took the plunge today and properly got involved with Twitter.... Am wondering what the etiquette is with random people/pages just following you is? :unsure: Am not sure if I want to follow any of them tbh...

Got a follow back from the semi famous writer Paolo Hewitt though, quite pleased with that...is this normal?..

What's your twitter name?

There's 40 Toontasticers in my Toontastic list.

You can follow that and pick and choose individuals off it to follow..

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/lists/toontastic/members

Following individuals puts them in your timeline, and they know you're watching and can DM you. You can also view the list any time and see what people you don't follow are saying, without actually allowing them to DM you (LM calling everyone on Toontastic babies for example, it's funny to look at, but you don't want that shit coming in via DM).

EDIT: haven't updated this list in a while, so anyone missing, let me know.

I'll follow you, then you'll know...am not really intending tweeting very much tbh, mostly just for interesting things to follow...

I'd sharp unfollow me then.