Twitter

JawD

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Talking of twitter, I hear the App might be removed from Apple store. Honestly, it cannot be beyond the realms of possibility for an alternative crowd-sourced twitter to take off and leave Musk billions short, can it? Does twitter even have any IP protecting any of its functionality?

Twitter is a massive piece of integrated software systems, he’s got rid of shitloads of engineers, it’ll likely implode/fail at some point, but deffo not easy to recreate.

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

If someone was to pick a fight with you on Twitter over a turn of phrase you use, continue it over a number of hours then after delivering what would appear to be an attempted coup de gras immediately blocks you, what would you think? :unsure:

I’d think I was spending too much time on Twitter ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You’re right, I seldom get drawn into these things but he was such a self righteous prick..lesson learned.. raise eyebrows and move on.. 

I find myself typing out a response to something and then thinking “do I really want to have this conversation” and then going fuck it and cancelling my tweet. Trying to wean myself of even typing something out now.

• Like 1

I was running the clubs twitter account for a number of months last year to help out.  I hardly went on as it was just a cesspit like others have said.  I suggested we deleted the account and most were against it.  It's now gone thank god and nobody has mentioned a thing about it, so it shows how much it's been missed.

I quite like Twitter, I mute any politics stuff (although it seems to creep in everywhere) and am not shy with the block button, but I follow what I consider interesting accounts, mainly history and science based stuff and of course NUFC football (exc Casey and the like) and my NFL (packers) stuff. Oh and yank madness stuff is always good for "what the fuck" moments.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is everyone getting much more advertising these days? Seems any attempt to block or say you don't like the advertising has no effect.

Is this Musk trying to earn some money because it's making me reconsider its worth? 

I only use it for news feeds and don't really engage otherwise but if every other post is an advert

Im Out GIF by BBC

• Like 1

Aye and they’re all for overpriced ‘wonder gadgets’ that I have zero interest in. If this is the sum of Musk’s great plan then I can’t see it lasting too much longer. Apparently Zuckerberg has a rival platform set to launch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2023 at 03:37, RobinRobin said:

Any reason why all posts with Twitter links in them have disappeared?  Is this another one of Musk's plans for world domination?

Elon Musk GIF

Is the embed function permanently removedor temporarily broken?

So it looks like Twitter will be replaced by Zuckerberg's new app, "threads" soon at this rate. But I think this is linked to Instagram which, like Facebook, I've always avoided. Does this mean every time @The Fish posts we'll have to see his latest English tapas experiment, or, holy fuck, can you imagine the state of @Christmas Tree 's posts? 

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

So it looks like Twitter will be replaced by Zuckerberg's new app, "threads" soon at this rate. But I think this is linked to Instagram which, like Facebook, I've always avoided. Does this mean every time @The Fish posts we'll have to see his latest English tapas experiment, or, holy fuck, can you imagine the state of @Christmas Tree 's posts? 

My Instagram is as private as it can be. Only very special people can see my stuff. Which is usually pictures of nice views, like these;

image.png.a9b3fd3c2f13adc3f42518d322d81118.png

image.png.bfc5b330e9e2ea67fa87c8713bfa774c.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Certainly looks as though you have to log in to do so now, which was never the case previously.  Also, I am not sure if I am the only one who can't now see previously posted tweets or whether I am special (in whichever meaning fits).

8 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Certainly looks as though you have to log in to do so now, which was never the case previously.  Also, I am not sure if I am the only one who can't now see previously posted tweets or whether I am special (in whichever meaning fits).

I just see white squares on here.

• Like 1

Aye embedding has been stopped I think. Ties in with not being able to see anything unless logged in.

Musk is the same as those idiots who went down in that submarine. Only accustomed to things working out for him and assumed that whatever he did would be a success.

• Like 3