Twitter

JawD

That's why I prune who i follow. I can't keep up with that I have let alone get more. Before i add anyone I usually read their posts and see if I think I could have a laugh with them or id at least talk to them. Sadly I'm as boring Irl as I am on twitter. Playing music, amusing myself with my own humour and moaning about my kids trashing my head ;)

I don't think you're boring, you strike me as a bloke who's 100% happy and content with his life. That's all you need in life and you have it.

so why don't you just protect your account so people who you let follow you can only see what your tweeting?

I do from time to time, but it's like hiding isn't it? It's also nice when you get back in touch with people you haven't seen for years, which has happened loads of times on there to me.

I use it to hear other opinions and get news. Not to bludgeon others with my opinion and abuse opponents. The joy of it is you don't have to follow any doylums.

:lol: who could you be talking about?

Edited by Gemmill

Don't think so, it's the sensible thing to do especially if you're not bothered about follower numbers and the like, or you do want to screen who see's your posts.

They still see your tweets to the hashtags and such (as far as i know) just not able to go into your profile and see everything, without requesting so should cover them able to contact you but letting you screen it.

if you want the public eye/attention then use it and don't protect the account, if you want to interact and not feel paranoid about what you've put up, then protect it.

only bollocks is if you're a frequent tweeter i assume you'll get requests frequently

I don't feel paranoid. I tell you what though, odd times I have locked my account, I'll get 5 or 6 Newcastle related brand new twitter accounts requesting to follow me. The only time I've felt like permanently locking it was when some kid said "we know who you are", because of my Lee Ryder comments. Lee Ryder was at a game at Whitley Bay and told this bald mug (his mate) to tweet me with a few threatening messages. I knew someone who knew this kid, quickly called his bluff and he shit himself. If you could remove wronguns and doilums from twitter it would be about 90% smaller, but better. Edited by McFaul

I don't think you're boring, you strike me as a bloke who's 100% happy and content with his life. That's all you need in life and you have it.

Pretty accurate tbf. Mind, no matter your situation, I think anyone would want to improve it. Its all relative. But that's a conversation for when you're stoned ;)

Having more followers means more doilums trust me. Little divvies 25 years of age telling me to get behind Ashley. The type of fan that gets on my tits the most on twitter is the "get behind the lads" brigade, who turn in to a cyber Ivan Drago when you criticise any aspect of the club. When the toon are shit, you should say so or you fall in to a trap where anything is good enough. No other club in the world with our support would be so accepting of mediocrity. Ray Ranson was right in his book, in the early 90's when the toon had played cowardly in the previous game, they'd get booed ON, the next game, changed big time now though.

NUFC Threat Level is going down this route. The club is on its arse atm and he's quick to ridicule anyone who says so. There's been positive and then there's just blind faith when the club is bending the fans over

''Get Behind the Lads'' seems a bit crass when you hear it coming from players and staff - it's a bit hard to swallow when the club won't back it's manager - & therefore wont support the team.

Milan didn't invest this season after selling Ibra/Silva and the fans simply didn't turn up. That'll never happen at Newcastle.

I've only been 8 times this season like ;)

That's my level of backing so I can't speak for everyone - but we'll always get one of the best crowds in the country and given the circumstances - in my opinion - the best crowd for numbers alone.

It's just patronising when they tell us to ''get behind the lads'. It's quite clear the crowd aren't going anywhere - look at our last few home games - that we've lost - all big crowds. The players have looked gutless at times though - no more so than Brighton away - where they were back by about 1800 away fans - for a 12.30 K.O - at the other end of the country.

For me, you support and get behind the team when in the ground. I have absolutely no issue with people slating them, when due, outside of that. The 'net is a prime location for it and I dont see the point of them being blameless when clearly they need a huge kick up the arse.

NUFC Threat Level is going down this route. The club is on its arse atm and he's quick to ridicule anyone who says so. There's been positive and then there's just blind faith when the club is bending the fans over

Am toying with going to Kharkiv, but this sort of thing keeps rolling around in my head.....on the one hand it would be a brilliant experiance, on the other am thinking what the fuckin team is going to be, and the reasons for it. Why do we keep doing it to oursleves? Am repeating an observation made here a few months ago but Ashley wouldnt have lasted 12 months here if he'd taken over instead of SJH. He'd have been ran out of town by the supporters. I think I just go now to keep in touch with the few who still have some semblance of the "sack the board" spirit in their blood. I think it reassures me in some ways, keeps me sane-ish. Howmanheyman is one of them, he's got it in spades, but sensibly keeps the club at arms length, mostly because his fire hasnt dimmed over the years, and he won't make any of the compromises of the soul that is required to make Ashley's shite pallatable. Doesnt say a lot about the rest of us like....but you've got to support the lads havent you?

I think you're spot on regarding Ashley being ran out of town back in the 'sack the board' days. Anyway, different times and yes, a different mind set of a lot of supporters up and down the country. Anyone who travels home and away in this day and age with the utter soulless atmosphere or placca atmospheres knowing deep in their soul that the games rigged have my utmost respect. Like Tom says, AC Milan sell their best players and half the crowd say, 'fuck that' and don't go, we don't, (at least not to the same degree). Life circumstances also help you to make decisions as well to be fair but to me, seeing our owner and his lackey at our club, seeing the utter tackiness around the club not to mention their many, many slurs and insults just fucks me off too much. I'll also add that our support are being bribed by these ten year deals and the likes. No club would do these deals unless they were at the opposite end of the scale, i.e. a ten year platinum seat/executive box. Maybe it's just me but when this deal was announced big fucking red sirens started going off as he wants a full stadium to showcase his brand and doesn't particularly give a fuck about matchday revenue as that's neither here nor there for him in my opinion. To be honest, season tickets are the biggest thing getting in the way of any change, things were much better when it was just the tartan blanket and flasks brigade who had the ST's.

If twitter is anything to go by 80% of our supporters are clueless, have no depth of knowledge, and are cringeworthy at all ages.

Been arguing with such a mong today...Word for word he said "demba ba is not a prolific striker"

:lol:

Demba's premier league strike rate is insane - especially when you consider he played on the wing for a while - I think J69 worked out all the games he played/scored in from the centre forward role & it's pretty insane.