New music

Toonraider

Guest Patrokles

Doesn't take much to be better than U2 tbh, seen as they're fucking awful.

Note I said early U2, who were quite the critical darlings in the 80s.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the record...

good music out recently

thom yorkes new album

Ok go - ok go

anything by boards of canada

afx -analord

anything by ulrich schnauss

:calmdown: Especially 'Music Has The Right To Children'.

Edit: Although that isn't new as such.

Edited by alex

for the record...

good music out recently

thom yorkes new album

Ok go - ok go

anything by boards of canada

afx -analord

anything by ulrich schnauss

:calmdown: Especially 'Music Has The Right To Children'.

Edit: Although that isn't new as such.

their later stuff shows more diversity. there are even (heavily processed) guitars....

Seeing as you like the great Metallica, might I tempt you with a bit of metal?

By the way which era do you prefer - before or after the lead singer Hetfield's voice broke (a little late mind)?

Edited by TheInspiration

Ozomatli - Not what you asked for but god fun music from LA

Rifles album is very good.

Dirty Pretty Things is good as is the Babyshambles album but they arent what you like.

Get a copy of the Ordinary boys doing all the things she said by tatu cos thats very good.

Bought lots of other stuff but its just ok:

Fratellis is Ok in places but nowt new

Kasabian is ok but gets on my wick and cant understand why bought it.

Cribs/Subways are good but thats old now

Go Team. Best album heard for a while but its 2005

New Razorlight one is shite

Never played that Editors album cos its so totally inferior to either Interpol album. It gets on me wick aswell.

Get yourself some Love, Byrds, Gram Parsons, Gene Clark, Redskins and Spizz Energi and you wont go far wrong.

Still like the Coral though. They write very clever little songs. Jeff Buckley album is tripe so wont recommend that but the lass he shagged (Elizabeth Fraser) had a great voice so the Cocteau Twins would be good.

Tell you what is very very good though - Ambulance Ltd. Like them a lot.

Dears album is pretty good too.

Guest Patrokles

Go! Team album is very patchy indeed. Bottle Rocket was one of the best songs of last year but the rest is instantly ignorable. The Ice Storm offa their early ep is good.

Guest Patrokles

Annuals will probably make it big at some point in their careers. I'll be sure to quote this post several months from now when they do.

Did anyone see The Gossip on Jonathan Ross (or seen them elsewhere). I was impressed.

Album any good?

The band with the large girl singer? I thought they were pretty good, i liked her voice.

Annuals will probably make it big at some point in their careers. I'll be sure to quote this post several months from now when they do.

They got a good review from Stylus yesterday so I'm in the process of trying to aquire their album.

Seeing as you like the great Metallica, might I tempt you with a bit of metal?

By the way which era do you prefer - before or after the lead singer Hetfield's voice broke (a little late mind)?

I love Metallica saw them on the snake pit tour. I prefer their earlier stuff, master of puppets and ride the lightening being my favourite albums.

So what metal did you have in mind then? :calmdown: Im patial to it but dislike the thrash stuff.

It's also worth noting that you can discover new music that isn't actually new in terms of release date. eg, From The Lion's Mouth & Jeopardy by the Sound from www.renascent.co.uk, some of Tuxedomoon's stuff, Jardín Clos and Shot & Echo by Wim Mertens, etc.

Of course, people often talk about wanting to discover new things but then when other people post on the subject, the response from some quarters is to not even click any of the links and instead churlishly deride the effort. ;)

Because your links are to the wrong stuff, post links to something new that sounds like U2, floyd, radiohead, athlete, QOTSA, metallica, led zep or phil collins and Toonraider will be straight on it.

i sure will :calmdown:

My god, i cant keep up with all this 'new' music!

Since i started this thread i have really got into Sigir ros, i mean i adore them, so thank you all for that, to think i was missing out on them all that time :calmdown:

Edited by Toonraider