New music

Toonraider

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot stand the Arctic monkeys

i'm sure the stuff josh homme produced for them won't be bad, but i'll just listen to them crooked vultures, eodm, or qotsa instead.

That was the last album

Cannot stand the Arctic monkeys

i'm sure the stuff josh homme produced for them won't be bad, but i'll just listen to them crooked vultures, eodm, or qotsa instead.

Me too. Whatever I've heard from the AM sounds really crappy, just noise. Though maybe I've just not heard what Josh produced. Does Josh write songs for The Spinnerettes? Im presuming he does or has some influence as The Driving song sounds like Queens!! (I know he's married to Brody by the way before someone tells me that)!

Looking forward to the Strokes album despite their lack of quality since Is This It.

The Strokes' Nick Valensi has described the recording process for the band's new album 'Angles' as "awful".

The returning New York five-piece have made no secret of the tension during sessions for their long-awaited fourth album, 'Angles'. Now Valensi has said he is refusing to record their next one in a similar way.

"I won't do the next album we make like this," he told Pitchfork.com. "No way. It was awful – just awful. Working in a fractured way, not having a singer there."

Valensi was referring to band sessions at which singer Julian Casablancas was absent, instead recording his vocals alone away from the rest of the group.

"I'd show up certain days and do guitar takes by myself, just me and the engineer," the guitarist added. "Some of the third album [2006's 'First Impressions Of Earth'] was done that way, but at least we were on the same page about what the arrangements and parts were.

"75 per cent of this album felt like it was done together and the rest of it was left hanging, like some of us were picking up the scraps and trying to finish a puzzle together."

He added that the follow-up to 'Angles' wouldn't be long in the pipeline. "I feel like we have a better album in us," he said, "and it's going to come out soon."

'Angles' is out on March 21. The band recently debuted 'Life Is Simple In The Moonlight', a song from the record, on US TV.

Bodes well :D

Edited by Happy Face

I enjoyed the Radiohead thread. Seems like ages since there's been an 'event' release like that which a few people post about. New albums due from Foo Fighters (Wasting Light) and The Strokes (Angles)...so hopefully a bit more of those kinds of threads soon.

Also keenly awaiting imminent releases from Six Organs of Admittance, The Dodo's, Panda Bear and Gil Sott Heron.

Currently streaming the full album at NPR

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/07/134273685/fi...-color#playlist

:D

The Chapman Family debut album is very good IMO, love it. They're from Stockton, been following them for about a year yet completely forgot about the album, went right over my head. :lol:

Give it a listen here on Spotify - if you have it of course.