New music

Toonraider

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I love my Morning Jacket,

In other music news went to see Dan Sartain at the cluny last night. He's was pretty class, a very enjoyable show, shared a tab and a beer with the fella afterwards and he has a great knowledge of punk & was decent crack.

I love my Morning Jacket,

In other music news went to see Dan Sartain at the cluny last night. He's was pretty class, a very enjoyable show, shared a tab and a beer with the fella afterwards and he has a great knowledge of punk & was decent crack.

I couldn't make it but that sounds class. Would have been a Toontastic meeting since I couldn't have missed your wool tbf :lol:

Yeh It wasn't exactly packed so you would have probably seen me haha.

He wrote me and my sister a list of his favourite punk bands, the list is as follows.

The Spits

X (with John Doe)

The Wipers

Bad Brains

Red Aunts

Angry Samoans

The Chubby's

Mission of Burma

The Weirdo's

Country Teasers

Beehive & the barracudas

Fear

The Testorz

I don't why he did that but he insisted. :lol:

I guess it's stuff to check out anyway!

Went to see James Vincent McMorrow last night. Absolutely stunning performance and you never expect his voice to come from his mouth. Got this video of his final song of the night:

• 2 weeks later...

Usually don't like stealing music of bands I like, but given that I'm seeing Arctic Monkeys play a week from today, but their album doesn't come out until a week after that, I don't feel too bad! Also its fucking awesome! :rolleyes::angry::icon_lol:

• 1 year later...

Think it's taken even longer for established acts to start releasing albums this year, but 2013 seems to be kicking off now....

Yeah Yeah yeahs

Villagers

Tyler the Creator

Daft Punk

Flaming Lips

The Thermals

Ghostface Killah

Art Brut

What else?

Strokes

Quite different to their other albums and can imagine some people won't like it, but I think it's pretty top drawer.

Band of Horses album from last year is also well worth a listen.

The Shins - Port of Morrow is a good album albeit slightly commercial in its sound.

The Pines - Dark so Gold is an absolute gem of an album

The Virginmarys - King of Conflct is a really good rock album