Kings Cross hotels (and not of the hourly variety)

Meenzer

A mate of mine might be coming over from Germany for an event in Lahndan and he needs to stay in and around the Kings Cross area. Obviously parts of Kings Cross are ropey as hell, but given that the trains from civilisation arrive there, I was wondering whether any of you clever folks might have any recommendations for not-too-shit and not-too-expensive hotels in that area?

A mate of mine might be coming over from Germany for an event in Lahndan and he needs to stay in and around the Kings Cross area. Obviously parts of Kings Cross are ropey as hell, but given that the trains from civilisation arrive there, I was wondering whether any of you clever folks might have any recommendations for not-too-shit and not-too-expensive hotels in that area?

If its one night do the easyhotel thing.

Guest Stevie

If its one night do the easyhotel thing.

I know a decent one 35-40 quid a night, clean, laminated floors SKY in your room etc...

I stayed in the King's Cross Travelodge a few months ago, it's really nice.

I've just checked and it was actually Travel Inn, not Travelodge.

Aye, I stayed there too and the shower stank of piss and the room was right above the Hammersmith & City line and it was horrible. You'd be best off getting a wee bit away from Kings Cross if possible.

why not stay down the road in islington? more expensive, sure. but quite a pleasant place to stay, unlike kings x which is a total shithole.

Cheers lads, plenty of food for thought there. ;)

Actually thinking about it there are a lot of Australians living around there.

Get chatting to them in various pubs and find one to go home with.

Sorted, :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie
I only been to Kings Cross once and fuck me its a shit hole. Im so glad I dont live anywhere near London

I couldn't live there again. I go once or twice a month and that's enough, I'm not slagging the place I love it, but I couldn't live there full time.

I only been to Kings Cross once and fuck me its a shit hole. Im so glad I dont live anywhere near London

I couldn't live there again. I go once or twice a month and that's enough, I'm not slagging the place I love it, but I couldn't live there full time.

Northumberland arms ;)

Guest Patrokles

To be honest, Euston/King's Cross stations are right by UCL and Bloomsbury, and there are plenty of decent little guest houses/B&Bs on the Bloomsbury/KC divide, just off Euston Road. In all honesty, it's not actually such a bad area. I frequently walked around there at night, and I only had one bad experience.