Kings Cross hotels (and not of the hourly variety)

Meenzer

There's also a gay indie rock night at the Scala just next to KC station, btw. It's shite, from what I recall.

Aye, it recently moved to somewhere in Soho. Never particularly enjoyed it, but hey, it's rare to have any kind of diversity in the ghey scene so it's all good I suppose.

Guest Patrokles
There's also a gay indie rock night at the Scala just next to KC station, btw. It's shite, from what I recall.

Aye, it recently moved to somewhere in Soho. Never particularly enjoyed it, but hey, it's rare to have any kind of diversity in the ghey scene so it's all good I suppose.

I predicted before I went that there would be one specific song that they'd definitely definitely play. Can you guess what it was? (they did, too.)

I predicted before I went that there would be one specific song that they'd definitely definitely play. Can you guess what it was? (they did, too.)

Depends when you went I suppose. "Filthy/Gorgeous"?

Guest Patrokles

Depends when you went I suppose. "Filthy/Gorgeous"?

Nope. Placebo's Nancy Boy.

I once spent a night on the streets in Kings cross.

That not an option?

Were you working a corner?

Missed our train. Had no cash.

Luckily there's an all night McD's at Berlin train station for such eventualities...

Guest Stevie
It's a red-light district isn't it? I'm sure there's lots of places to stay overnight in that case.

It's not really a red lights district, well it is. If you're looking for a rent boy, or a heroin/crack addicted West African lass, you'd probably find it easy to get yourself a nosh for 40 quid, but it's hardly AMsterdam. The bit along and up that road beside McDonalds is a disgrace, going the other way is nicer up the street where the post office is going due south from Kings Cross.

Edited by Stevie

That not an option?

Luckily there's an all night McD's at Berlin train station for such eventualities...

How's that lucky if you're stranded in King's X?

That not an option?

How's that lucky if you're stranded in King's X?

It's not if you're in Berlin either as you end up eating a lot of burgers. ;)

I've stayed in King's Cross a few times now because it's so central and because I had to get early trains etc., and some of the comments in this thread are way over the top, it's really not that bad. They're developing the area too, it looked a lot better when I went there a few months ago compared to the last time I was there. And that's from someone who lives in Switzerland, so there! ;)