Canadian Soldiers

Souness Is God

"Made me proud...

Frank Sinatra sang there, Jim Watt fought there and Eric Liddell, the "Chariots of Fire" Olympian, trained there. Sadly, no one knows the name of the two servicemen who knocked on the Ibrox door one wartime evening and asked if they could see inside. Bill Struth obliged and as they walked the edge of the pitch, the visitors asked if they take a pinch of grass as a souvenir. "We won't see much of this where we going," they added.

Even the strict disciplinarian Struth was moved. "Take some, but make sure you bring it back one day".

The two never returned.

And after the war, Struth made his own enquiries about the young servicemen. He found out they were Canadians who were in the first wave of Allies to land on D-Day in the face of fierce German fire. As they tucked the sprig of green in their uniform breast pockets, they probably already knew they'd never see Ibrox again."

67si145ts.jpg

God Bless those brave Soldiers man. That story pure brought a tear tae ma eye man.

Please keep that disgusting religous rivalry away from NUFC AND its associated boards

if you want to live in the 16th Century that's your affair but religion has no place in football and damn all in modern life

Please keep that disgusting religous rivalry away from NUFC AND its associated boards

if you want to live in the 16th Century that's your affair but religion has no place in football and damn all in modern life

39145[/snapback]

Calm down Rob. I think, and sincerely hope, this is a joke poster.

FTP and B&Q!

39145[/snapback]

FTP and B&Q!

39149[/snapback]

WAS a joke poster, he'll have to sign up as someone else if he wants to carry on ;)

39145[/snapback]

FTP and B&Q!

39149[/snapback]

WAS a joke poster, he'll have to sign up as someone else if he wants to carry on ;)

39158[/snapback]

I couldn't understand a word he was saying anyway. It was like trying to have a conversation with Ritchie :dork:

39145[/snapback]

FTP and B&Q!

39149[/snapback]

39158[/snapback]

I couldn't understand a word he was saying anyway. It was like trying to have a conversation with Ritchie :dork:

39164[/snapback]

I didn`t have a f*ckin clue what he was saying either mate... :lol:

dyaw5t1wr.jpg

39036[/snapback]

Must admit this is offensive crap, and completley uncalled for. Would you have been among the first to start squealing if it had been Celtic getting this treatment ? I personally have been known to snort derision at BOTH Glasgow teams.

NOT one only.

You should apologize. ;)

dyaw5t1wr.jpg

39036[/snapback]

Must admit this is offensive crap, and completley uncalled for. Would you have been among the first to start squealing if it had been Celtic getting this treatment ? I personally have been known to snort derision at BOTH Glasgow teams.

NOT one only.

You should apologize. ;)

39179[/snapback]

Have I missed something then?

dyaw5t1wr.jpg

39036[/snapback]

NOT one only.

You should apologize. ;)

39179[/snapback]

Are you taking the piss?

dyaw5t1wr.jpg

39036[/snapback]

NOT one only.

You should apologize. ;)

39179[/snapback]

Are you taking the piss?

39181[/snapback]

No I'm not.

If it had been some Celtic fans from the war he was talking about, I wouldn't have made any such pathetic dig at the end.

Would you ?

I think we have seen several occasions on here where certain Newcastle fans have been happy to have a dig at one or the other then start whining when other fans mock the other side of the Glasgow bigot duo.

Deny that all you like. It has happened on quite a few occasions, and unpleasant whenever. F'rinstance - I myself am still overjoyed and delighted at Hearts doing Rangers at the weekend and will be whoever else does them.

Maybe this bloke feels the need to take the piss. OK - strange way to do it, though. Maybe he's telling a genuine story. He's entitled isnt he ? I have seen you, for instance, with several others mock fellow Newcastle fans in defence of a Man U fan - remember ? Manuallover or some such dopey name. And get snotty because you got the same treatment back ? Recall ?

As to piss taking - you're more comfortable doing that. A different approach once in a while would make a nice change.

The threads he started before that suggest he was on a wind up.

39186[/snapback]

Of course he's a wum. I mean it's blatently obvious, isn't it??

Quite funny imo.

39188[/snapback]

Lost on Phil like ;)